☕️49☕️

As per our Saturday morning tradition, we headed towards Luke's for our breakfast. But it was all full.

"Crap," Mom muttered. "Operation Flirt?" I suggested and Mom elbowed me in the ribs. "That guy," she whispered. I went over to a guy with glasses and hovered by his table. "Hey," I said in a flirty tone.

And he bolted. I know, I'm an evil bitch.

"Alright spill," I said to Mom. "About?" she wondered. "Jason," I smirked.

"There's nothing to tell," Mom insisted. "Bull," I stated. "Fine, he called me, he's sent things but he's my father's partner, he's not my type but he has the smarts," she told me.

"Anything from Holden Caulfield?" Rory asked me. Mom shot her a look. "A couple of unanswered phone calls and a very angry voicemail," I told her.

"And you're not letting it bug you, good," Mom smiled.

***

"Why are we doing this?" Claire wondered. "Getting our anger out," Cole told her, throwing the ball through the hoop.

"We were the kids who got picked on for not doing sports," Sophia reminded him.

"Are you going to the game?" Ryan asked me. "The Harvard and Yale one?"

"Ryan, this is Columbia," Cole reminded him. "I'm aware of that asshat, but Heather's twin sister goes to Yale," Ryan pointed out.

"My whole family will be going most likely, it'd be kind of wrong if I didn't," I told him, throwing the ball. "Anyway, it's Cornell we should be worried about," Claire piped up.

"You okay?" Cole asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking if I should wear my Columbia letterman jacket to make a statement," I chuckled. "Eh, Bulldogs won't care," Ryan told me, making a perfect shot.

"You guys wanna go out for lunch? Duff-man isn't in," Sophia suggested. "Yeah I'm starving, where do you guys wanna go?" I wondered. "Rainbow Room?" Claire suggested. "That place is for guys who wanna propose and tell their future spouse 'I have money,'" Cole pointed out. "The Stardust Diner, it is like the king of diners," Sophia suggested.

"I'm in," Cole agreed. "And me," Ryan added. "So am I," I spoke up.

"And Claire is gonna wait for her Prince Charming to propose to her in the Rainbow Room," Cole laughed. "Piss off," Claire grumbled.

***

Claire promised me and Sophia that she would take us out to the Rainbow Room one day.

"I can't believe that Mae Richmond was sneaking a six foot tall Rudolph into her garage!" Grandma exclaimed.

"So?" Mom frowned.

"So?! They're going to put that damn reindeer on their roof, which is next to ours!" Grandma ranted. "They can't light them up," Grandpa insisted.

Thankfully, the subject was changed. "Rory, we will pick you up at your residence hall tomorrow morning at nine o clock sharp," Grandpa told her. "Where is it?" I asked Grandpa. "I know I don't go to Yale, but I'd like to go to the game."

"You hate sports," Rory pointed out. "Very true, but I love the food, I have no plans Saturday," I said.

"I'm coming too, to cheer up Hezzy with South Park impressions," Mom piped up. "We have invited friends, Lorelai, Heather you are welcome to attend, Yale doesn't have a problem with Columbia..do they?" Grandma looked at Rory. "No, Yale is neutral from the sports feuds," Rory told her.

"I can only do Cartman anyway," Mom told me.

The next morning, I was wearing a Yale letterman jacket that Rory lent to me, she stole it from Tanna.