☕️16☕️

"Can't believe he's gone," I sighed. "I'm so sorry Hezzy," Mom mumbled.

"Did you talk to Jess?" I asked her. "I told him that I didn't blame him and that I wasn't mad at him but I don't know how Luke reacted to the incident," she explained.

"Does he have a cell?" Rory asked me. "I don't know, I called Luke to see if I could get in touch with Jess but all I got was damn voicemail," I grumbled.

"But, the open day is next week," Mom was optimistic. "And California in a few weeks," Rory chimed in.

I couldn't help but smile at that. "Thanks."

I looked at my sticker-casted arm and took in all the stickers.

"It's closed," Kirk came up to us. "Closed?" I muttered. "He's gone fishing apparently," Kirk pointed at the sign on Luke's door.

"What about breakfast?" Rory asked Mom.

"We'll find something, don't worry," she reassured us and we walked across the street.

***

Something bad must have went down between Luke and Jess if they're both gone.

We went to the Hungry Diner where we had to wait to be seated. Tessa pointed out that we could look for Jess since we'll be there until night time but I reminded her that New York was a big city.

Looking for Jess? Might as well looking for a needle in a haystack.

"Three?" the waitress asked us. She led us over to a table and we sat down. "Can I bring you coffee?" she asked us. "Definitely," Mom smirked.

"Ooh, back in a jiff," she hurried off. "We need to tell her how cruel the world really is," I suggested. "Evil!" Mom gasped.

The waitress brought cups over and Mom was not happy. "What are these tiny cups for?"

"For coffee," the waitress stated. "We are very sleepy this morning, so would you happen to have a larger cup, about the size of a small bowl?" Mom wondered.

"A coffee bowl?"

"Bring three please," Rory requested. "We don't have coffee bowls, I'm sorry," the waitress mumbled. "Then can you bring four of these tiny cups and leave the pot?" Mom asked her.

She left the coffee pot and Rory poured a cup. "Ew..nope," she grimaced.

"How can I fit my two sugars in Barbie's Malibu Dream Cup?" I moaned.

"I'll be back," Mom grinned and went to the other side of the diner. Where Michel happened to be.

"I miss him," I mumbled. "Oh Hezzy," Rory sighed. "Why did he leave?" I lamented. "I want him back, I'm never gonna see him again and he was the only guy I had true feelings for, the only guy I could trust then one little collision sends him running."

Rory put her arm around me. "How about the two of us get out of dinner tonight?"

"Really?" I asked her. "Yeah, but what am I gonna tell Dean?"

"Tell him it was me, he'll be slightly less pissed off," I advised her. "Is that a good idea?" Rory asked me.

"Option one, Dean knows that I borrow the car, tell him it was me or option two tell him the truth that Jess, the guy he totally despises was driving with me, it's up to you," I told her.

"Is there an option three?"

"No."

"Then he'll be less pissed at option one," Rory mumbled. "You can hang with Dean and I can wallow in self pity," I suggested.