☕️39☕️

Prom was finally here. It was this weekend and I was pumped. Mom and Rory were sitting in Weston's, looking how to say crazy things in Spanish and French. I was focused on prom, since I'd be the only Gilmore attending this year and also finals.

"I love your dress Hezzy," Tessa told me. "You going to prom?" I asked her. "Yeah but I don't have a date, I might steal a dance from Jess or Dave."

"I don't think Jess will agree to that," I laughed. "It's gonna be so fun!" Tessa grinned from ear to ear.

"Tessa debating who to steal for one dance?" Rory asked me. "Yes, she won't let me have Jess," Tessa rolled her eyes. "Why didn't you ask anyone?" I wondered.

"Because all the boys I know have dates and so do all the girls," Tessa grumbled.

"If you want," Mom offered. "I can save a room for you and Jess after the prom for the..post prom rituals."

"Really?" my eyes lit up. "Thanks Mom."

"Post prom rituals?" Tessa frowned. "What do many people lose after prom?" I asked her.

"Oh," she muttered. "I want details."

"Ew, you pervert," I laughed. "Same here," Rory told me. "Mom, Rory's being a pervert," I whined.

Mom just laughed as me and Tessa left, being no help, at all.

***

Rory was in panic mode and me and Mom were trying to calm her down. "What about Yale and Columbia?!" Rory freaked out. "What if we're not eligible for financial aid?!"

"Calm down!"

"Hey Heather, there's a letter from Chilton for you!" Mom called.

I frowned and I took the letter but Mom looked way more disturbed at the other two letters.

Me and Rory got onto the bus and I opened the letter and my eyes widened. "There...has to be a mistake, a big huge whopping mistake!"

"Hezzy, what is it?!" Rory shook my shoulders. "Why me?! I mean you do a lot more stuff than I do!" I ranted.

"Hezzy, talk properly, what's going on?!" Rory looked worried but our bus stopped and I leapt off. "I mean I hardly do stuff! I picked a fight with Francie, threatened her like five times, I sit with one person! I don't talk to anyone! I'm not a president of anything! I sit in Student Council and I just scowl!"

"What is going on in that evil mind?!" Rory exclaimed.

"They named me as valedictorian!" I freaked out. "But Hezzy..that's good, I'm so happy!"

"It should have been you or Paris!" I whined. "Wanna go to Grandma's, to get away from the madness?" Rory asked me. "You're not mad at me?" I mumbled.

"No Hezzy, of course not," Rory reassured me. She gave me a big hug and I returned it. "Now let's go before Paris hangs us for all to see," she suggested.

"Now I need to plan my speech," I mumbled. "The pre Oscar speech, think of it as that," she advised me.

We walked into the house to find Grandma in a very fancy dress, with her stylist.

"You look great Grandma," I told her. "Oh thank you Heather, come meet Miss Celine. Celine, this is Heather and this is Rory," she said.

"She's Audrey Hepburn!" Miss Celine pointed at me. "There is a bit of her in Heather," Grandma agreed. "Heather will be starting Columbia this fall and Rory will be in Yale."

"It's just a casual affair," Rory told them. "Go try red," Miss Celine ordered Grandma.

Me and Rory sat down and my phone started ringing. "Audrey, turn it off," she ordered.