☕️64☕️

About two months later

"I still can't believe the stupid camera hit me on the head!" Tessa ranted. "Oh that drop, I thought I was going to fall off! I was literally rising like a balloon on helium!" Andrea laughed as we got our bags from baggage claim.

"Don't forget, the Tower of Terror," I piped up. "I was shrieking my head off."

"I didn't think we'd get all the Disneylands in," Tessa said. "I'm surprised I didn't have several heart attacks," Andrea laughed.

"You literally asked me on Space Mountain if I was still alive," I smiled.

I saw Mom waiting eagerly for me at the airport. "Hezzy!"

I hugged Mom tightly as Holly was here for Tessa and Mariana for Andrea.

"How was the trip?" Mom asked me. "Exhilarating," I said. "Sorry I pulled you away from work."

"It's okay, did your camera break on the rides?" Mom wondered. "Surprisingly no," I said. "But I will get that footage to you as soon as I can."

"Has Rory called you at all?" Mom asked me. "A few times, but she's still pissed at me," I admitted. "I've had a few too," she muttered. We got into the car and Mom drove me home. "When are you going back to Manhattan?" she asked me. "In about three weeks," I told her. "Well I have to go to work, will you be okay?"

"Yeah, I will, go on," I said. My phone started ringing and I answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey, I heard you were getting home today," Rory's voice was on the other end. "Yeah..I flew in from London," I murmured. "Where are you now?"

"Rome, Hezzy..I screwed up, really really bad, I hurt Mom, I hurt you, I don't even remember the last time we actually had a fight, I handled everything wrong, you and Mom were both right, I did the wrong thing. I have to fix it..can you do something for me?"

"Sure..anything," I nodded. "I wrote a letter to Dean, can you give it to him for me please?"

"Yeah, I'll give it to him," I agreed. "Thank you, I love you Hezzy," she murmured.

"I love you too Ror," I smiled. "I hate it when we fight."

"Me too, are we best friends again?"

"Yeah," I walked out to the mailbox and rooted through it. I took out the letter. "Can I read it?"

"Must you be evil?"

"It's my job," I told her. "I'll see you soon, yeah?"

"Bye Hezzy."

"Bye Ror."

***

Summer checklist. Go horseback riding with Mom. Check.

Go on one of the best holidays ever. Check.

Make up with my sister. Check.

Basically the aims for this summer have been complete. I walked into Doose's to see Dean.

"Heather?"

"Hey Dean," I gave him a sort of awkward smile. I handed him the letter. "It's from Rory."

"What happened? Is she okay?" Dean asked me. "Just take it," I mumbled.

"She went to Europe, right?" Dean wondered. I just nodded and the questions kept on coming unfortunately.

"Miss Patty said that she went to Europe. What happened? What's she doing there? Who's she with? Why aren't you with her? When is she getting back?"

I bit my lip, trying my best not to punch him. "Can you just take the letter?"