☕️29☕️

"Good evening," Grandma's new maid greeted us. "May I take your coats?"

We gave her our coats while we heard Grandma yelling on the phone. "That the most absurd thing I've ever heard!"

Mom snuck in and poured the drinks for us and we sat down, Grandma didn't even notice us.

Once she hung up, she leapt out of her skin the second she saw us. "When did you three get here?!"

"I think it was some time before the second absurd and third unbelievable," Mom chuckled.

"I'm sorry, that call just caught me off guard," she sighed. "What's wrong?" Rory asked her. "Oh I'm okay," Grandma mumbled.

"Are you sure? Because you looked peeved," Mom pointed out. "I'm not," she insisted.

"Spill!" Mom ordered. "That was our lawyer," Grandma sighed. "One of my former maids is suing me for wrongful termination. It was Gerta, she walked too loudly."

"Oh it's always something," Mom muttered under her breath.

I'm not sure how to feel about this situation, I'm staying neutral.

***

"Any word from Psycho Bitch?" Andrea asked me. "It's been quiet," I informed her. "Which could be good or bad."

"She said we're going to regret crossing her," she mumbled. "Then I'll travel to a different dimension, get bitten by a werewolf, turn into a werewolf, come back and rip her apart," I grumbled.

We walked into student council, where Francie and her loyal band of followers walked in. "Our fearless leaders at work, I feel so safe," she rolled her eyes.

I growled. Like actually growled, like a dog.

Or a werewolf.

"Twenty bucks says you and her are gonna get into a physical fight before graduation," Andrea whispered to me. "You might get that twenty bucks sooner than you think," I muttered, glaring at Francie.

"I call this meeting of the student council to order," Paris announced. "First of all, I would like to apologise for missing last week's somewhat impromptu meeting, as I'm sure most of you know, its scheduling was..unorthodox, since it was supplementary, which was a concept that I invented, the fact that anyone would hold a meeting invited by me, without me, seems..insulting since I renegotiated the rental fee for the dumb mansion and get a good senior gift."

Go on Paris!

I shot her a proud smile. "Any questions Mr Hunter?"

He shook his head. "Okay next order of business," Paris continued on. "As you know, Health Week is next week, we have speakers lined up to discuss everything, but we don't know where to set up the sign up table for the blood drive.."

Madeline suddenly screamed. Thank God.

"She hates the B word," Louise told us and told Madeline to cover her ears.

"I think we should put it in the cafeteria, easy access and about ninety percent of the student body visit it every day," Francie said. "I disagree!" I piped up. "It'd be a fire hazard."

"Well Heather, I know the fire codes, as long as we don't have more than three hundred people we could start an opium den and the fire department wouldn't care," she shot back.

"Well one, you're wrong and two, I'm not even talking about numbers, you get people thinking about blood, someone smells smoke and suddenly we're in the Lion King," I folded my arms.

"You're insane," Francie hissed at me. "I agree with Heather," Rory piped up. "Okay, motion denied, the senior class president will come up with an alternate plan," Paris said.