☕️116☕️

"What do you mean you've never thought about?!" I exclaimed, shocked. "Because right now, both of us are busy!" Jess snapped. "For Christ sake, we both have jobs and you still have to graduate!"

"So you're telling me that you haven't thought about what's gonna happen AFTER I graduate?!" I asked him.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it!" Jess made himself clear. "We're at the bridge!" I shouted. "The freaking tiny troll that lives under the bridge is looking at us weirdly because we haven't crossed it!"

"Oh my God!" Jess sighed. "This is big! This is a big thing Heather!"

"Don't you think I know that?!" I panicked. "Start of June, I'm getting kicked out and I'll have nowhere to go!"

"I wasn't born yesterday!" Jess snapped at me. I sighed and I sat down. "What are we doing? We've been fighting for three days."

"It's because of this, deciding to do next," Jess grumbled. "Deciding what to do after I graduate?" I asked him, a little taken aback. "You don't know if you want to go ahead with looking for a place?"

"That's not what I'm saying, don't put words in my mouth," he mumbled. We jut sat there in silence. I didn't know if he changed his mind about living with me, what if he's getting sick of me?

"I think what we need is space," I murmured. "So I'm going home, I'll be back on Tuesday."

I walked out the door and the worst bit was Jess didn't try to stop me.

***

I didn't even drive back to Stars Hollow. I drove nearly four hours to Providence.

I pulled up outside Brown University and I walked onto campus and looked at the map, seeing if I could find the Film Department.

I followed the map and I walked into theatre to find the seniors in a huge debate and the genius and group therapist and jokester of the Core Four, Tessa Sinclair herself

"All of you are idiots," she stated. "I mean you like Showgirls?!"

She looked up and saw me. I was crying and she ran over. "Hezzy?"

"Boys suck," I mumbled.

Tessa brought me back to her dorm room. "Okay, what happened?"

"Jess and I had the worst fight," I sniffled. "Oh Hez," Tessa sighed. "I'm not sure if he thinks about the future," I cried. "He keeps saying that we'll cross that bridge when we get to it but we are at it and I'm worried that if he doesn't want to think about this stuff..that I'm not good enough for him!"

I cried into Tessa's pillow and she stroked my back. "Kaia's out of town so you can stay here for a couple of days."

"Thanks," I sniffled. "Sorry I'm bringing this all to you."

"It's alright."

The two of us walked into the city later that night. "Providence is much more brought to life, welcome to Waterplace!"

"You come here everyday?" I widened my eyes. "Shopping centre over there and all within a mile radius are the best restaurants," Tessa told me.

"So, where are we going to eat?" I asked Tessa. "Luxe Burger Bar," Tessa pointed across the river.

***

The food there was amazing. To DIE for. "Tomorrow, we're going Christmas shopping," Tessa told me.

"I did a good bit but I can get another couple of things," I told her as I went to sleep.

I woke up, a little startled as I didn't recognise my surroundings. Then it hit me. I was in Brown.

"Your phone wouldn't stop ringing," Tessa complained. "Who was it?" I asked her. "Your mom and Rory, they're having boy troubles too," she explained.

"You talked on my phone?" I asked her groggily. "Oi, shopping!" Tessa clapped her hands.

We walked back towards Waterplace and into the shopping centre. "This place is huge," I said. "Not as big as New York though?" Tessa frowned.

"No," I smirked and the two of us went off.

We sat at a diner counter for some lunch, despite the looking around, we didn't find much. A guy came over to Tessa and me and gave us the 'look,' he was checking us out. "Ladies," he greeted us. "Did you know that there are twenty letters in the alphabet?"

"There's twenty six," I corrected him. "I forgot U, R, A, Q, T," he smirked and I rolled my eyes. "That's still twenty five," I sighed. "You'll get the D later," he whispered and I went red.

Was I flattered?

OF COURSE NOT! I was grossed out!

Tessa was disgusted. "Here's two letters for you, F and U," I grumbled going back to my soda. He turned to Tessa.

"Don't even try," Tessa warned him. She paid the check and the two of us left.

"Oh my God," she gasped. "Have you ever gotten a bad pick up line like that?"

"Any pick up line is a bad pick up line," I told her. "But that one was so so bad."

We were laughing our asses off as we left the mall.

***

But as soon as I came to Providence, I left again to go back to New York. But I didn't leave until late Wednesday night. I got back to my apartment at about two in the morning. I unlocked the door and Jess was sitting on the couch. "You said you were gonna be back yesterday," he mumbled.

I sighed. "Well I stayed an extra day. I didn't go home."

"Yeah, I know," Jess sighed. "I went to Providence," I told him. I was about to walk out of the living room until Jess stopped me. "I'm sorry, that I picked a fight. I do think about after graduation, all the time."

"I was worried you were getting sick of me and I was worried that I might not be enough for you," I admitted.

"Not enough?" Jess was taken aback. "Heath, you're everything to me and while you were gone.." he looked at the flyers on the tables.

I walked over and picked up the flyer to see the houses for sale in Brooklyn. I smiled at it. "It looks amazing."

"I'm sorry Heath," Jess apologised. "I forgive you," I responded and I kissed him.

It soon got very heated and we officially made up.

We lay in bed together, a heated and sweaty mess. Jess was playing with my hair, tangling his fingers in it.

Both of us soon fell asleep in each other's arms, forgetting the fight ever happened.