☕️46☕️

"It's simply disgraceful!" Grandma stated. "I knew they'd be trouble the second they missed the block party."

"All this about Halloween candy," Mom rolled her eyes. "I think you're making this into an unnecessary thing."

"Anyway, Heather, how's school?" Grandpa asked me. "It's good, we're working on stunts now," I told him. "But unfortunately, we're working with the Theatre Department and we're doing mock fights."

"What does that mean?" Grandma asked me. "It means they pretend to beat the living crap out of each other," Mom exclaimed. "Except all the freshmen are worried that the hits are actually going to kill them," Rory piped up.

"Fun but scary," I said. "And Rory?" Grandpa turned to her. "It's good," Rory told him. "You're taking five courses," Mom commented. "Which is a lot."

"It's fine, I'm just scared that what's her face is gonna kill Heather," Rory said. "Gretchen, she's terrifying," I chuckled nervously. "She'll either try to kill Claire or all the freshmen, including me."

***

"Okay now Claire, Gretchen, you two are up," Duffman and Richie said. I call him Richie, instead of Dick Van Dyke.

"Kill me," Claire grumbled.

They got up. "Now it's a stunt punch, don't actually hit each other, despite the temptations," Duff-man reminded them

It was pretty close and they had to pretend to get hit in the face. Although Gretchen nearly crossed the line and her knuckles actually hit Claire.

"Okay Heather and...Tara," Duff-man said. I stood up to see a girl who had tinted red hair and looked like she didn't want to fight.

"Okay, go!"

"Hit me," I mouthed at her. She threw a punch and I jerked my head backwards, pretending that I was hit. I knew she was timid so I let her take the punch instead.

"Well done, Heather, Tara, very believable," Richie complimented us.

I was walking to the kiosk by the library to get some coffee. "Thank you," I heard a small voice say. I turned around to see Tara. "I was really scared."

"It's okay, don't worry about it," I told her, giving her a small smile and she walked briskly away.

Classes were over for the day so I went home to get ready for work. "Hey Andrea? You home?" I asked her as I came through the window.

"Yeah, I'm here," Andrea yelled from the kitchen. "I got chilli fries for lunch!"

"Angel," I cheered and I made my way to the kitchen. "How was the stunt fighting?" she asked me. "I was put against human Bambi," I told her. "I let her throw the punch at me."

"That was nice," Andrea pointed out. "I know, what's happening?" I fake gasped.

I heard the buzzer for the intercom go off. "You expecting anyone?" Andrea asked me. "No today's Tuesday, I'm going to New Haven tomorrow," I told her.

"Hello?" I said into the speaker. "Hezzy, it's me, can you let me in?"

It was Rory, but why would she be here?

"Sure?" I pressed the button to let her in. I waited for her to come up the stairs and she ran inside. "Need a quiet place to study."

"And you came to Manhattan to do so?" I wondered. "Yeah, bad choice!" Andrea yelled from the kitchen. "Whose room is quieter?" Rory asked me. "Mine is," I told her. "Just let me get my clothes first."

"You going somewhere?" Rory asked me as she set up shop at my desk. "OW!"

Yep, she walked into the chair. "That hurt!"

"Yeah, that can hurt," I told her as I grabbed my t-shirt and name tag. "When will you be back?" Rory asked me. "Five thirty, Andrea is going out at three so make sure to lock the window okay?"

"Got it," she nodded. "If you leave early, text me so I know how many to cook for," I told her.

"Thanks Hezzy," she murmured. "Byee," I climbed out the window and went down the ladder.

***

"Who knew that Heather Gilmore had a soft side," Jess teased me over the phone. "Oh go away," I rolled my eyes as I left the subway station.

"You big softie."

"Oh pipe down you," I grumbled, smiling. "I'm hanging up now."

"I love you."

"I love you too," I said and the line went dead. I unlocked the door and I saw Andrea and Rory at the table. "We ordered Thai food, you look tired," Rory said. "Oh thank you," I smiled. "Should be here in twenty minutes," Andrea said.

All of us sat on the couch, waiting for the Thai food.

A/N

I'm sorry it's so short, it's just a filler.