☕️127☕️

My phone started ringing while I was at my desk, thinking of what the first sketch should be.

"Hello?"

"Heather, it's Nina."

I nearly jumped out of my seat. "Nina? Hi," I stuttered. "Final Body is a HIT darling!"

"Really?" I stood up. "Yes, it made MILLIONS sweetie. MILLIONS!"

"Oh my God!" I cheered. "That's amazing!"

"I thought I'd call with the news but I'll email everything. Congrats darling."

She soon hung up and I started cheering very loudly. "Yes! Yes!"

I calmed myself down for a second and I went upstairs and I looked at an invitation to Yale. "But...that's...that's, oh God!"

I picked up the phone and I got Rory's voicemail. "MY FREAKING GRADUATION IS THE SAME TIME AS YOURS!"

***

"No!" I sighed. I picked up the phone and called Mom and I got voicemail. "Mom, my graduation clashes with Rory's, it starts in the middle of her ceremony, I'm not asking you what child you love more but I can't go!"

I hung up and sank down. "This is a disaster!"

Jess came in to find me in a wreck. "Heather what's wrong?" Jess asked me.

"My graduation starts after Rory's passes the halfway point," I mumbled. "Wow, that does suck," Jess grimaced.

My phone started ringing and I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Please tell me this is a joke," Rory begged me. "My graduation starts at one in the afternoon, yours starts at half eleven our family can't go to both ceremonies," I ranted.

"Mom is freaking out, so are Grandma and Grandpa, when's Tessa's?"

"In two days, what idiot decided to do Yale and Columbia on the same fucking day?!"

"Language!"

"Sorry but what are we going to do, Yale is an hour twenty minute drive to Columbia," I sighed. "Okay, mine ends at half one, but by the time we drive there.."

"It'll be finished," I sighed. "We have to deal with this!"

"I know but..." I hung my head. "I mean.."

"No, no Hezzy!"

"Maybe it's best if Mom, Grandma, Grandpa go to yours," I caved. "No! That's not fair!"

"Unless they can time travel..there's no way they can get here on time," I sniffled. "Look, I'll still have Jess, Tessa, I won't be totally alone."

"We can find a way, we can bunk off early if we have to," Rory told me.

"It's alright Rory, it's not their fault, or ours..look I should go," I hung up and I hugged my knees together...totally gutted.

***

I tried writing out different solutions, seeing if anyone could make it all day but no, there was no solution.

I was really upset and Jess wrapped his arm around me, kissing the side of my head. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I murmured.

I went to this Yale party which Rory invited me and Jess to and I was pretty bummed out about the whole graduation thing. "You okay?" Rory asked me and I shook my head.