☕️107☕️

"Now Miss Gilmore, the best solution is bed rest, I think you were doing too much at once," the doctor told me. "There is no brain damage which is a surprise with an injury as severe as yours. Two months that rump stays in your house, you can wander around the house, that's it."

"Thank you," I smiled. The doctor left and Jess breathed a sigh of relief as did I. "I feel like I'm pregnant," I laughed.

"I'm just glad you don't have brain damage," Jess told me. "Babette is still here with Paul Anka, where's your mom?"

"I have no idea," I admitted. "Rory's still at Yale."

"Heather!" I heard Mom yell. "Mom's home," I said to Jess. She looked panicked. "Babette told me she found you unconscious on the floor!"

"I'll be okay," I told Mom. "But I have to stay in the house, it's a severe injury."

She gave me a hug. "We're gonna make this room a little sick bay for you, everything a Gilmore needs while in recovery."

***

Jess went to New York to get some of my things while I caught up on some Doctor Who. Mom knocked on my door and I looked over. "Hey Mom," I smiled. She looked pretty down and I switched off. "What's wrong."

Mom sat down on the bed. "I have to tell you something, Luke is shutting me out of his life..I gave him an ultimatum because I was sick of it, he wouldn't meet it so I think we're over."

"Oh Mom," I sighed. "It gets worse," she told me. "I slept with Christopher."

I widened my eyes. "I'm sorry," I mumbled. "It's okay, Rory is on her way here, will you be okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded and Rory came barrelling up the stairs. "I need your help."

"Speak," I sat back in my bed. "Logan got me a model rocket, what could that mean?"

"He's an Elton John fan?"

"No."

"He's a Trekkie?"

"No!"

"Then I have no idea," I admitted. "You're great help," Rory rolled her eyes. "I'm going to Doose's and I'll get you whatever you need."

She smiled and walked out. "Paul Anka!" I whistled. "Keep me company!"

He leapt onto my bed as I turned the TV back on.

***

"Hezzy!" Rory jumped onto my bed and she was excited. "Tessa took this footage on her camcorder because Taylor told her to film it for documentation, you have to watch this."

Tessa walked in and pressed play. Kirk was driving Taylor's car and the new camera blinded him and he drove into the side of Luke's and I gasped.

"Oh my God!"

"Taylor is gonna get punched," Tessa told me. Mom joined us upstairs. "Pizza!" she announced and put it on my bed. She kissed my head, the non injured side. "You'll be up and about in no time."

"No Jessica?" Tessa asked us.

Mom laughed. "He's staying overnight in New York, he'll be here tomorrow..who are the massive flowers from?"

"Nina," I told her. "She heard about my accident."

"Strict but sweet," Tessa told us. "Now Hezzy, we are gonna be looking after you while your head heals, no jumping off cliffs."

"I solemnly swear that I won't jump off another cliff," I rolled my eyes.

"Good," Tessa said. She opened the soda cans and passed them. "At least you can officially say you had a near death experience."

"Say that to Jess, I dare you," I laughed.

A/N

Don't worry, our dearest Hezzy is fine. But I have a question. What's the best Hess moment?