☕️83☕️

"Isn't this decadent?" Grandma marvelled over the chocolate. "All of you are using the marshmallows, why aren't you using the fruit?"

"Hmm?" Mom pulled the confused look.

Grandma sighed loudly. "Bring more marshmallows!"

She asked us to look at the dancers for some DAR function to adopt or something.

We were also planning a baby shower for Sookie on Thursday, only because we forgot.

Mom's article was printed but she said some heinous things about Grandma but all in all, normal Gilmore week.

***

We were all hearing about Sophia's presentation about George Lucas until these people in suits walked in.

"Everybody, this is Nina Russo and Nathaniel Davis, the representatives of the Sundance Film Festival," Duff-man told us.

Nina stepped forward. "All the scripts that were sent in this year, were a little underwhelming."

I sat back and bit my lip. "All..but one, this piece impressed me, dealing with action, crime and a forbidden romance. Heather Gilmore?"

I sat up and I slowly raised my hand. "You have a very talented girl Jason, we have chosen her as the Columbia representative, her script will be made into a proper film, Heather, come with us please."

I stood up and Claire gave me a thumbs up.

I left the room with them and we walked into the theatre. "Heather Gilmore, you certainly have an eye for this kind of thing."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Now, obviously you're the writer so we need you to be on location during the time of filming. 'Final Body' I love the name, foreshadowing the end," Nathaniel told me. "Thank you sir," I smiled.

"Now the duration will last all of summer, you will return two weeks before your junior year, I assure you," Nina said to me. "And here's a list of our runner ups, pick one to assist you."

I looked at the list. "Brown, definitely."

"Tessa Sinclair? Alright," Nina scribbled down. "Filming locations are Florence and Cannes, accommodation and everything will be sorted for you and your assistant."

"France and Italy?" I asked her. "France and Italy," she confirmed. "You will be given full credit for your work, but this is phenomenal work, Heather..you do understand that this work is at Academy Award level, they'll be wanting to get a piece of you, congrats kiddo..you did it."

"So...after Sundance..."

"Around your senior year, it will be distributed worldwide. Heather Gilmore, you're a star."

***

"Congratulations!" Andrea hugged me tightly. "All the contracts signed?"

"Yep, oh my God!" I jumped up and down.

I can't believe I achieved this!

My dreams are finally coming true!

"I wonder what your mom and sister are gonna think about this?" Andrea asked me.

"I'll find out soon enough," I cheered.

But Sookie went into labour a lot earlier than we thought. Another time, I can wait to tell the news another time.

Claire and Sophia were ecstatic and Cole...couldn't care less. Even some girls called truce from the Theatre department to congratulate me.

"You!" Tessa pointed at me once I was about to get into my car. "How did I get a job in Italy and France?"

"I made a promise when we were kids...and I managed to keep it, you'll be working on set," I told her.

"How well...does it pay?" she stuttered. "Maybe...sixty grand, probably more."

She hugged me tightly and she was crying. "Congratulations, Hezzy."

"Thank you," I mumbled, hugging her back. "We're going to Italy! And France! And France! And Italy!"

Tessa smiled. "Did you tell your mom and Rory?"

I shook my head. "I can't do it over the phone, it has to be in person."

"Tell Jess over the phone at least," Tessa pleaded with me. "Okay," I gave in.

Of course I got his voicemail. "I did it, I'm going to Hollywood, for real this time."

***

Sookie gave birth to a girl, my goddaughter, Martha.

I still didn't get the opportunity to tell Mom and Rory the news which saddened me. So far, the people who knew were Andrea, Tessa, my entire class, including Sophia and Claire and probably Jess, if he checked his messages.

I didn't get a chance to tell anybody else.

I pulled into the driveway and surprisingly Rory wasn't there. "Hmm," I mumbled.

I rang the doorbell and a dancer suddenly ran out.

"Okay?" I mumbled..confused.

"What happened?" I asked Mom. "She referenced Stalin in that article!" Grandma exclaimed.

My phone started ringing. "Hello?"

"Hezzy..I need your help."

"What's wrong?" I wondered.

"I'm in jail and I need you to bail me out please?"

"Hey Grandma...Andrea is really upset, she uh broke up with her boyfriend so.."

"Oh of course, go," Grandma said.

I got back into my car. "How much is the bail."

"Three hundred."

"I'm on my way."