☕️42☕️

A/N Andrea's room

"It won't freaking close!" Tessa complained. "Can we chuck it into the backseat?" I wondered. Tessa tossed it in and shut the door. "There."

She closed my trunk and looked at me sadly. "Farewell my lion," she hugged me tightly. "Bye bye bear," I pouted.

Jess got into the front seat of the car. "You're bringing him?" Tessa pointed at him and I looked at Jess. "Calm down skippy, I'm not leaving yet," I told him.

"But you're driving it," he told me. "Indeed I am, but I'm saying bye to my family and I'm bringing you with me because you know New York, they don't," I said.

"I feel so loved," he rolled his eyes. Rory had tears in her eyes and she hugged me tightly. "Now you set up the computer once you get there so we can video chat every night," she instructed me. "Yes boss," I nodded.

"And remember, I'm coming down on Wednesday, do you work Wednesdays?"

"I work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday," I told her. "Wednesday is our day then I'm back home for the weekend."

Rory pulled me into a hug again. Mom came outside and she gave me a massive hug. "Oh no!" she freaked out. "What if Yale and Columbia are competing against each other in sports or anything!"

"Flip a coin, heads, Columbia, tails, Yale," I told her. Mom nearly squeezed the life out of me.

***

"Wow, we didn't get lost once," Jess joked. "I know, something is wrong in the space time continuum," I laughed.

I walked towards the entrance and a red haired girl was outside. "Name please?"

"Heather Gilmore," I told her. "Hi, welcome to Columbia, officially in the Film Department I see," she smiled. "I'm Claire, I'm a junior there."

"Sweet," I smiled. "Although warning, there is a feud between Film and Theatre so prepare movie insults," she advised me. "Ready for the tour?"

"Definitely," I said. "Wanna tag along?" I turned to Jess.

"I can bring your stuff to the apartments if you want," Jess offered. "Oh yes," Claire piped up. "So you'll be in the student apartments not the dorm rooms?"

"Correct," I nodded. "And who is your flatmate?"

"Andrea Swarbrick, Law and Criminology," I told her. She scanned the list. "Ah yes, it's not too far from here."

She gave me the map and I handed it to Jess. "Twenty three B," I told him. "Thank you, enjoy the tour," Jess said and went back to my car.

"Don't crash it!" I called after him. "You're hilarious!" he called back, walking off.

"Come with me," Claire said. She led me to Theatre B. "Welcome to the Film and Media department," she said. "How many are there?" I asked her. "Only one hundred freshmen per year make it and you're split up for group work with the other years too," she told me. "Sundance Festival look to Columbia juniors and a couple of seniors have been nominated for Academy Awards."

"None of them made it?" I raised my eyebrow. "No one from Columbia has won an Oscar, they look to the Cornell bastards," Claire informed me. "I intend to change that," I told her. "We all do," she smiled.

She handed me my official schedule. "Most of the work is practical but there are three two hour lectures on Film and Media per week by Professor Jason Duffy, most students attend two per week."

"Right so most of Film is in here?" I assumed. "Yep, and you have secured a part time job, right?"

"Yes, American Eagle Outfitters," I told her. "We have you down from two until five on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays, the lectures are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday," Claire explained. "Where is the store I'm hired at?" I asked her. "Times Square," she said. "Congrats."