【77】Wednesday

When I arrived at work the next day, I was positively anxious to see Lex

When I arrived at work the next day, I was positively anxious to see Lex. It was ridiculous. We had talked through most of the weekend, but I was still eager to see him.

I'd missed him.

As a result, I arrived twenty minutes earlier, knowing he was always early too. I'd told Tammy I had some things to take care of before work, but I doubted she'd bought it. My objective was to get a few minutes alone with him before I had to start the day. Not even to get some action on, but just to be with him. At this point, it was a blatant lie to keep thinking I was only in it for the sex, but as much as I wanted more of him, neither of us were ready to set a new label to whatever we were doing. We'd see once our trial ended.

I reached Lex's office and knocked on the door, impatient.

"Come in," he ordered.

My entire body tingled, and I pushed down the handle, impatient to enter. My excited smile faded off quickly as I found Lex standing in the middle of the room, talking with Kevin. Shit, there goes our moment alone.

When Lex saw it was me, something lit up in his eyes before he returned his attention to his friend. Kevin noticed me too, and a strange smile stretched his lips.

"Okay, I'll leave now. I'll talk with you about the quarterly reports later," he added for Lex. As he passed by me, he gave me an enigmatic smile. "Andy..."

With that, he left, and I stared at the door, confused. "Does he... Did you..." I hesitated, turning to Lex.

"He knows, yes. But I didn't tell him. He guessed. A while ago, actually."

"Oh... I see. Our secret is slowly becoming common knowledge," I noted, a little worried.

"It's what now, two people?"

"Three. Kate knows too."

"You told her?"

"Well, she knew about it before I even knew about it," I recalled with humor. "She basically threw me in your arms."

"I always liked her," he declared, having reached me. He slowly wrapped his arms around my waist, his large hands caressing my skin through the thin material of my shirt. My heart was pounding furiously in my chest, delighted by his proximity.

"I can't see why... She helped me rip you off when I sold you my app." I smiled, lifting my arms to wrap them around his chest.

"I helped you rip me off," he reminded me, bending slowly.

I was still smiling when his lips slowly reached mine. The intensity of the feelings flooding me was astonishing. Surely, I could spend a lifetime like this and never get bored with it. With him.

Our kiss started slow and longing, as if we wanted to take our time, enjoy the moment. It felt as I hadn't kissed him in a month, instead of a weekend. Little by little, our usual greed took over, and things got a bit out of hand. The repeated intrusion of his tongue in my mouth melted my insides, and the way his hands grabbed, pulled, and squeezed my flesh was making me weak in the knees. I let out a sensual sigh, my want for him already off the charts.