53

i dont want to be copyrighted for this chapter but whatever

in kimetsu gakuen

there are seven mysteries.

going straight to the point, i made this toilet-bound chapter since i can't sleep.

"hey, look at him," tomioka giyuu's schoolmates whispered as they stared at him eating lunch by himself in the cafeteria. "he's like this everyday. why doesn't he have any friends?"

"i heard he's a true creep. and he's so hung up over an imaginary friend named sabito."

"ah. that must be why people find it so hard to reach out to him. he's still stuck in his childhood."

they laughed, and as soon as giyuu so much as glanced at their direction, his schoolmates turned their backs towards him and fled discreetly.

giyuu sighed. he tucked his lunchbox away and began to walk towards his assigned classroom.

his resting bitch face made people think he was one of those snobbish elites who were very selective when it came to company when he first entered this academy, although, as soon as he got involved with a batchmate named shinobu, rumors about him being so hung up over an imaginary friend began spreading throughout the school like wildfire.

all of this happened after shinobu told him nobody liked him, to which he retaliated with an answer he shouldn't even have thought of vocalizing.

"sabito does. he's been my friend for so long."
"sa... bito? and where is sabito now? can he confirm that for us?"
"he's not here anymore. but he's out there, watching over me just like the old days."
"oh. tomioka-san... don't you think you're a bit old for this?"

that shattered his heart.

what he thought had been his first friendship in kimetsu gakuen turned out to be the source of his daily stress.

as if his thoughts made her manifest, shinobu appeared beside giyuu, her usual, butterfly-esque movements gracing the hallway.

"tomioka-san, i heard rumors about a ghost in the toilet. do you want to hear it?"

giyuu didn't respond.

"tomioka-san?"

he quickened his steps, wishing nothing more but to have a bottle of insect-repellant suddenly take shape in his hand. shinobu stopped keeping up with his pace and pressed her sleeve to her lips.

"my, is this how you treat a friend? since i'm feeling generous, though, i'll tell you more." giyuu kept getting farther and farther away, so shinobu had to raise her voice. "knock to the beat of gurenge on the third bathroom stall!"

and she was gone.

the instant giyuu set foot inside the classroom, he was crushed under the weight of his classmates rushing out the doors. because of his awful social skills, he didn't get to ask any of them about the reason behind their frantic escape. when he finally mustered the courage to speak, all of his classmates had already disappeared down the turn in the staircase.