69

how i think kny characters smell (NO I AM NOT A CREEP I JUST)

tanjiro: a pine forest or the pine itself; the sap that comes out of the bark when you peel it off. wood (driftwood maybe), something warm like the sun. not the fire, though; fire smells a little too "harsh" for him.

side note, all my life people have been demanding me to answer "HOW THE HELL DOES THE SUN HAVE A SCENT" and i'll answer it today. the closest it can get is, like, when you leave a comforter out in the sun from 13:00 to, say, 16:00 nearing summer or so. it's not the actual smell of the sun but close.

nezuko: i don't know if this exists everywhere, but i just think she smells like a night-blooming jasmine (night jessamine i think) coupled with the evening breeze on the mountains (air "smells" different on the mountains ok).

zenitsu: i know this is a little weird, but he probably smells like when kids play around for 3 hours under the sun; that distinct smell of children (stronger in babies) + sweat that isn't too strong

inosuke: smoke. i honestly don't know why, either, but i think he would smell like the smoke coming from burning wood, although not too strong. maybe from a distance.

kanao: lilies? during the day (they smell diff at night idk). the ones that don't have too strong a scent though; the variety that people who have aversion to strong smelling flowers put in their rooms.

genya: this is not surprising; he'd smell of gunpowder and metal (yes, the nauseating kind of metal smell, but not as bad as blood). although he would also have a scent a little similar to dried bamboo???

giyuu: a wet dog. not even kidding. i mean, excuse me for being like this but I REALLY HAVE A FEELING HE SMELLS LIKE A WET DOG. even when i kept seeing screenshots of him during that time i haven't seen the anime yet, i just went, "dog". im sorry

shinobu: the most cliche one on this list i think. she would smell like roses. it's also quite fitting since the thorns could represent her "anger" and all.

rengoku: this is probably the most unrelated but he would smell like cucumbers and honey in my opinion. IDK RENGOKU WHAT BODY WASH DO U USE

sanemi: blood, but not the "massacre" kind of blood. just the smell that wafts out of a cut on the palm or whatnot. i initially thought he smelled PURELY (and strongly) of blood but it gradually dissipated and made way for an earthly scent; like the wind carrying the smell of fertile soil after a summer storm.

iguro: honestly i don't think he has much of a distinct smell. there would be a very small whiff of musk??? when he passes by but it'll blend in slowly with the nature in a matter of moments.

kanroji: cherries or something. and i haven't smelled natural sakura yet (the closest i came to that was a body scrub because im a pleb), but there's probably also a mix of that. and a bit of salt.

uzui: bitch probably wears perfume so i honestly don't know. also sake, and regrettably, the sickeningly sweet smell of opium, but there would also be a sort of grassy scent under all these embellishments. not sure if freshly cut or uncut.

tokitou: let's say for example when you take a nap outside under a tree. just a very refreshing kind of scent (maybe add in green tea as well) that makes you feel relaxed, yet constantly afraid that it may be the last time.

honestly it IS what i think everytime i sleep outside. it's too peaceful, which is nice, but there's that nagging feeling i can't exactly put my finger on. it's odd

himejima: mouldy bamboo; the kind that you'd see on abandoned shacks/houses back in the edo period of japan??? just misty and mouldy, though, and not bloody. it's like the sturdiness of something forgotten. don't mix it up with smoke, though. it's just the scent of the bamboo and straw alone.

just a joke:

muzan: smells like bitch