14. Tequila

April 2013

I had been trying my absolute best to restrain myself whenever Perrie was around. I was okay when she showed up to Cardiff. I dealt with it when she showed up to both Sheffield and the second string of London shows, but she had been in Newcastle for three fucking days already and I was losing my mind because I hadn't gotten any chance to be alone with Zayn and jerking off in my hotel room alone at night just wasn't cutting it.

When I thought more about it, I guess I couldn't even blame her for wanting to spend so much time with Zayn. I mean, why wouldn't she want to look deep into his eyes and kiss his soft lips and have a laugh or two or seven? Who wouldn't want to do that with him? That's exactly what I wanted but I was just the secret in the night and the more I saw them together the more I came to the conclusion that I really needed to stay distracted from it.

So, after our last show in Newcastle I decided to go out to a night club. I showed up in a black mesh sweater, a beanie and already half in the bag with my security detail close behind. I had only one goal and that was to have some fun. Realistically I knew that it would be easy to pull a girl if I wanted to because I hardly ever had a problem doing that, but it just wasn't something that I did all the time, despite what the media wanted to believe. I went out sometimes and I talked to girls. Maybe I flirted with them and maybe I didn't, or maybe I didn't even realize that I was, which happened a lot, but most of the time I wasn't taking anyone home. I just enjoyed being friendly and if I decided I wanted to flirt with people because it was fun and I was single then there was no harm in doing that.

I saw a slightly older, attractive, brown skinned raven haired girl hanging out in the corner wearing a short black skirt and boldly decided to go talk to her.

"Hello. I'm Harry," I greeted her, which is how I usually greeted people.

Her hazel eyes widened, looking rather taken aback that I had just approached her so abruptly and I guess I realized in that moment that she knew who I was.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Chastity," she answered.

She seemed to be rather polite and I found Chastity quite easy to look at, so I decided to invite her to get a table. I just expected for us to chill out and have some drinks and talk so I made sure that we sat away from most people, that way nobody was really paying attention to us because I had a feeling that there were some people there who were going to spy on me, and by people I specifically meant the fans once they knew I was present in the club. I noticed she had some cool tattoos in Arabic, a portrait and some doves and roses, so I lifted my shirt to show her the swallows on my chest. I felt her finger tips graze over them. I didn't mind her touch, but it didn't send a shiver up my spine or anything.

We talked about tattoos for awhile and I told her how I liked the look of those old sailor type tattoos and how I had plans for more but wanted to keep them black and white because I liked the aesthetic of it and she agreed with me. I kept ordering us bottles of champagne and shots of tequila throughout the night and Chastity and I continued to talk about a lot of things but I tried to mostly ask questions about herself and her life. I actually hated talking about myself because I didn't want to seem conceited and not only that, I didn't want people to know everything about me. I liked that Chastity didn't seem too phased that I was a "celebrity" either, which was nice. Also, I hate that word. Also, I was starting to feel pretty drunk.

"Let it be known that I will marry whoever is playing Chaka Khan right now!" I exclaimed, downing another shot.

"Tell me something good. Tell me that you like it, yeah!"

Yep, I was quite hammered.

Chastity laughed. Actually, she had laughed at all my obnoxious bits of singing and the terrible puns I was making throughout the night and either she genuinely thought I was funny or she was just being polite but I couldn't tell.

"Can I ask you a question? Am I your favorite member of One Direction? I won't be offended. I promise," I said completely out of nowhere.

I watched as she immediately grabbed the entire bottle of champagne off the table and chugged it like she was trying to dodge the question completely.

"You are now," she answered and I grinned.

"Alright then, that's a clever answer, but not the one I wanted. Tell me who was your favorite before you met me. Honestly," I pressed on with mild amusement.

"Okay fine. I liked Zayn."

I nodded my head slowly, trying to hide a smile from escaping onto my lips. I mean, who could blame her, really? And naturally out of five choices, it just had to be Zayn, didn't it? There I was trying to have a night out and trying desperately not to think about him and Perrie being together at that exact moment, probably fucking, and now I was sat thinking about him. But to be fair, Chastity's answer did make me like her a bit more.

"You have good taste then," I said with a subtle wink.

The tequila persuaded me to lean in and kiss her then. I parted her lips with mine and slid my tongue inside her mouth while grabbing her face, wanting so badly to feel that rush of something. Anything. I kept making out with her for awhile, my hands traveling down her backside as I pulled her in closer to me. It felt pretty good, but even then, that rush never came to me.

I subconsciously found myself trying so hard to recreate the way Zayn made me feel, but it simply wasn't matching up. She was such a pretty girl, though, but why didn't I enjoy it as much as I normally would have? And she was very nice, very polite. Someone I could have fun with. But why was I checking out the lad across the room who kind of looked like Zayn from the back? Chastity had been good company for me for the night and she had even made me laugh a few times, but I knew that it was nothing more than a temporary distraction for a few hours because I still ended up leaving the club drunk and alone.