55. Home

Just you.

I felt my heart beating out of my chest like a hammer, my insides doing somersaults while he gave me this entrancing stare that nearly sent me right to my knees. I had thought about this moment hundreds of thousands of times and how it would go if we were ever alone together and now it was happening, as if I was still in a dream because whenever I was with Zayn it never ceased to amaze me how unreal it always felt.

"Why didn't you call me?" I asked. It was taking all my strength to keep restrained.

"I wanted to."

"But you didn't."

"I thought you hated me," he answered, fidgeting with the rings on his fingers that laid in his lap.

"I do," I replied as a smirk crept up to which he offered me one back before pressing his lips together in a tight line.

"Then why did you invite me in?" he asked as he leaned back comfortably on my couch, his legs spread apart with his hands resting in-between like some temptress just taunting me, daring me to take one step toward him and I just stood there staring at him, my heart in my throat.

But he wasn't even available and as far as I knew Zayn was still dating Gigi Hadid and for the past year they seemed pretty happy together, going out in public, holding hands, looking all loved up. I was no stranger to being his dirty little secret, but this time it felt different.

"Does Gigi know you're here?"

"No."

I fell silent for a moment. I wasn't the least bit surprised that she didn't know or that he was sneaking around because it wasn't abnormal behavior for Zayn and he and I both knew that. I'd also be a pretty big hypocrite to judge him for something like this because neither of us were saints.

"Are you going to come over here or not?" questioned Zayn, leaning back just a little bit more like he knew exactly what he was doing to me.

As much as I wished that I had the willpower to stay away from him, I really didn't. He still had that magnetic pull about his aura that drew me in and I just couldn't seem to resist.

I slowly walked toward where he sat, standing before him while he placed his hands on each thigh looking up at me with those captivating doe eyes and those long eyelashes surrounding them, bringing me right back to where I once was.

I licked my bottom lip, locking in my gaze with his, getting so lost in his eyes one more time as he lifted his arms out and grabbed ahold of my hands, drawing me towards him and the next thing I knew I was straddling him on my couch, my hands on either side of his face, our mouths centimeters apart.

"Welcome home," Zayn spoke softly and leaned in, tenderly kissing my lips and it happened again, that old flame, that familiar rush shooting through my body like lightning.

Our lips moved together like waves, our tongues crashing together and body temperatures rising as we kissed with an intensity and passion that I hadn't experienced in far, far too long.

I felt his hands reach around and squeeze my ass cheeks, drawing me even closer towards him while I escaped his mouth and melted into the skin on his neck, letting out a soft moan.

"Mmmm," Zayn purred, biting at my shoulder. "I missed you," the words slipped out of his mouth and I withdrew myself from him, staring down at his beautiful face, my lips curving into a smile.

"Prove it," I responded.

Without a second to lose he removed the patterned button down shirt I was wearing over a white t shirt, which I then quickly threw onto the floor, while Zayn took off his grey shirt, showing his tattoo filled chest that I hadn't touched in so long, but the moment my finger tips grazed over each of them it was my most familiar territory and it almost felt like he had never left.