60. Honey bee

Camille was a lot of fun to hang out with, but she had only been in London for work and primarily lived in LA, so we had only been on a few more dates before she had to leave. What I really liked about her was this incredible exuberance she had and a certain fascination with just about everything. Camille had this natural, carefree attitude and radiated such positive energy that it I felt like it was going to be contagious.

Camille had also experienced the pains of love before and she had told me all about the first guy she ever really loved who ended up passing away and how she still wasn't over him, and her story touched me. It had only been a few weeks since we started casually dating and getting to know each other, but I was beginning to feel like we could understand each other and the more time I spent being in her energy, the more I felt my stress slowly melting away.

But I was also extremely busy. That summer was chaotic with my film and album both being out and I was flying all over the place. After the Dunkirk premiere I went onto BBC Radio 1 with Grimmie and he surprised me with this stupid heart rate monitor segment where they held up different photos and assessed my heart rate based on how the photos made me feel. What I didn't expect was for him to hold up pictures of both Camille and Zayn and by the end I realized how much I was going to regret ever agreeing to it.

As I was getting ready to leave their studio I turned to Grimmie, Lou Teasdale and my stylist, Harry Lambert, and shot them all massive death glares as they tried stifling their laughter.

"You're all idiots. You realize you just exposed my entire love life to the world right? Good job. I hate you all so much," I said, shaking my head.

My friends truly thought they were hilarious.

"Nah, it was funny. You know it's funny, you were laughing and everyone will love this segment. Maybe we'll hear from Ryan Gosling, you reckon? But it's just so juicy....your life, innit? Oooh, what's going on with Harry Styles? What's all this about? It'll be good," Grim reassured me, grinning.

He was such an instigator sometimes, but I really should have known better.

I had fallen asleep in my bed after waking up early to do Capital Breakfast the next morning when I heard my phone ringing. I groaned and reached over to see that Zayn was calling me.

"Hello?" I asked in my groggy morning voice.

"Morning princess, did I wake you?"

"Yes."

"Sorry...I haven't heard from you in like, a week. Just wanted to see what's up."

"Sorry, I've been a bit busy and stuff. What time is it there?"

"I'm in LA right now it's almost half passed one in the morning. I'm in the studio working on something and thought of you."

I liked that he was thinking of me and it made me smile.

"I wish I was going back to LA but I'm actually heading to New York later tonight," I added, eying the rose ring sitting on my night stand.

"I can get a flight tonight," Zayn said.

"You don't have to Z...if you've got stuff going on. It's a busy month, it's okay."

"No it's cool I can just jet to your place and nobody will even know I'm back."

And by nobody he meant Gigi. This was also the first time I had ever seen him go out of his way to meet me somewhere that wasn't convenient.

"You must really want to see me huh," I said with a smirk.

"Badly."

I got into New York around 10 pm while Zayn had just beaten me there by a few minutes. I walked into my apartment to see him making Peach Juleps in my kitchen while he had Usher playing from his phone.