63. Never really spoke

September 2017

We were shut like a jacket, so do your zip. We'll roll down the rapids to find a wave that fits. Can you feel where the wind is? Can you feel it through all of the windows inside this room? Cause I wanna touch you baby, I wanna feel you too. I wanna see the sun rise on your sins, just me and you. Light it up, on the run. Let's make love tonight. Make it up, fall in love, try...

Zayn had just released his new song featuring Sia called "Dusk Till Dawn" and I had been listening to it non-stop for the last week. I had it blasting from the speaker in my bathroom in Los Angeles as I was taking a shower, the night before the start of my first ever solo tour.

But you'll never be alone, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn. Baby I'm right here. I'll hold you when things go wrong, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn...

God, his voice sounded so fucking amazing, it was sending chills down my spine.

Since the night that we had fought about all the stuff from our past we had been trying to work through some of our issues. After I asked him to love me, Zayn had held me in his arms while I had a slightly pathetic emotional breakdown. I felt really bad that Zayn felt as though I was playing mind games with him and I felt even worse that he didn't trust me, especially when I realized that he somehow found out that I had hooked up with another guy right before the end of it all, which was the one thing I swore I would never do and I lied about it. I wish that I could have gone back and rewritten history instead of being a young, stupid twenty year old idiot who acted up whenever I felt insecure and jealous. I wish that I hadn't been so angry at him for pulling away from me and wanting to leave. I wish I had been more understanding back then. It was something I knew I still had to work on.

I stepped out of the shower once the song was over and started drying myself off with a towel, still humming the chorus to myself, smiling. Zayn still wanted to be in this with me. He was willing to try, so long as I was willing to meet him half way. As hard as it all was, I knew deep down in my heart that letting go of him just wasn't an option.

I fell onto my bed, still wrapped in my towel and checked my texts, opening up the one Xander had just sent me with a link to an article. I clicked on it and read the headline.

What the hell was this? I kept reading

Zayn Malik and Harry Styles have a whole lot of history, but they haven't stayed in close contact since the "Dusk Till Dawn" singer left One Direction in March 2015.

"To be honest, I never really spoke to Harry even when I was in the band," Malik, 24, exclusively reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly. "So I didn't really expect that much of a relationship with him when I left. And I haven't had one to be honest."

My jaw dropped and the first thing I did was pick up the phone and call him.

"Hey baby," he answered.