5

“What the hell is happening here?”

“M..mom?” Baekhyun stutters, breaking the hug immediately.

Seeing his sudden change of expression, it doesn't take you long to understand the situation is going to turn really bad.

~~

The three of you are sitting on the couch. Baekhyun and his mother are sitting on a couch beside each other while facing you.

“Mam, this is not what you think. We were just playing hide and seek then...”

“Listen here doctor. I am not interested in whatever the two of you were doing. I just came here to see if my son had any progress” Mrs. Byun says, cutting you off.

“But I'm afraid, I don't see anything flattering enough” she says, eyeing Baekhyun from head to toe.

“Sorry Mrs. Byun, but this is a difficult case here. My fellow doctors and I are trying our best with whatever we can”

“Trying won't be enough young lady. I want results. My son has a whole company to handle. He can't be staying here all day and playing stupid games to entertain you” she boldly utters, sipping her green tea.

“Excuse me!” you exclaim furiously.
You were really offended by her words. It wasn't like you were entertaining yourself or trying to take advantage of Baekhyun's state at all.
“I don't have much time. I'll give you a month to cure my son. If you can't do that then I'll hand over the case to a better doctor”

“Do you know what your son was going through when they were torturing him for the therapy? You want that again?” you ask her.

“I don't care if they are being harsh as long as he is alive. But I see you are being too concerned about my son” she says and looks up at you with a mocking expression.

You are dumbfounded at her sudden comment. Are you being too concerned for Baekhyun? Of course not, right? He is just a patient. Yeah just another patient.

“I am concerned as his doctor and he is my responsibility” you say, gulping the lump stuck on your throat. Hurt clearly seen on your expression.

Little did you know a hideous smirk formed on Baekhyun's lips watching your painful expression.

“Very well then. I'll leave him to you for the time being” Mrs. Byun says, before getting up and leaves.

~~~~~

Later that night~

You call Hyewon to come over with some soju bottles. Your mind was a mess and you wanted to take it all out for once.

The two of you are sitting on a couch and drinking together. You explain everything that happened earlier today and how you feel so offended and angry.

“Hyewon! My sis!! I want to quit this job now... It is getting too frustrating. I can't take it anymore” you confess.

“But didn't you tell me that you love this job?” she asks.

“Yes I did. But not anymore. I'm so done with all thissss” you say and start whimpering.

Hyewon didn't know what to tell you. Why things suddenly got so frustrating.. to the point you're taking about quitting. She had a gut feeling that you had fallen for your patient. But couldn't really tell for sure.

Suddenly her phone starts to ring. She looks at the screen to find Jongsuk's name appear on the caller id.

“Hello”

“Hey! You free? Oh.. What is this noise? Is someone there with you?” Jongsuk asks, hearing the whimpers you are making.

“Um.. Yeah it's Y/N” she answers hesitantly.

“What? Is she okay?” he says, concerned.

“Yeah I guess. We were drinking together and she has low alcohol tolerance” Hyewon says, looking at you trying to punch the air.

“I will kill him! And his ex! It's all her fault I am in this mess. Wait and watch girl I'll find you for sure” you yell again.

Jongsuk hears you through the phone and understands the reason behind you dramatically whipping.

“Was it your sexy porn star?” you ask Hyewon after she hangs up the call.

“Yeah he seemed worried for you” she replies while laughing.

“But why would he *hiccup* use such a nasty website?” you ask, bursting out in laughter at the thought of Jongsuk's busted face.

“He shows off his abs in there and gets money for it. Wanna see?” Hyewon asks, with a smirk.

“Eww get lost” you say while hitting her.

“Okay okay. But really, he sent me a picture of his abs while texting” she says and shrugs.

You kind of feel jealous after hearing this and being drunk doesn't help much.

“Doctors these days have such weird kinks *hiccup* I'm glad I don't have any” you sigh at the thought.

Suddenly Baekhyun comes out of his room in his pajamas, making a crying face.

“Baekhyun-ahhh *hiccup* What's wrong?” you ask, getting up and running towards him. Hardly managing your balance.

“I was drawing *sniff* and got a paper cut” he replies, showing his index finger that had a small cut.

“Aww it's okay, don't cry. Come here” you say, dragging him to the kitchen stumbling twice on the way. Then you wash his hand gently. While doing so you notice how much of a beautiful hand he has. His long fingers wrapped around your palm as he is scared of the pain.

‘How would it feel like when these hands ch- AHhhhfususvshu what the hell was I thinking oh my god’ you shake your head and quickly turn off the tap. The drink must've gotten too much into your brain.

“Hyewonee put a band aid on his ‘prettier than my whole existence’ finger for me and *hiccup* send Baekhyun back to his room pleaseee” you ask her since you felt too uncomfortable to do so now.

~~~~~

The next morning~

You wake up to your phone ringing constantly. You take your phone to see it's Jongsuk calling you. You receive the call quickly to hear an unpleasant tone from him.

“Doctor Y/N, come to the hospital and run straight to my room right this instant” the male voice strictly orders.

“Y..yes, Doctor. I'll be there right away” you answer obediently.
You have a bad head ache from the hangover and tired from running behind Baekhyun all the time.

“What does Mr. Sexy porn star want now?” You groan from the already tiring starting of the day and run to the washroom to get ready.

~~~~~

You enter Jongsuk's room huffing like crazy as you have ran all the way to the hospital.

“Doctor I'm here *huffing* Did you need anything *huffing* from me?” you barely speak out, holding a chair for support.

“Yes, Y/N. I want you to hand over Mr. Byun's case to me” Jongsuk sternly speaks.

“S..sorry?” you confusingly ask.

“I am very upset about your unprofessional behaviour. Why would you drink and talk about personal stuff in your patient's home?” he says in a angry tone.

“I've heard what happened yesterday between you and Mrs. Byun. I also know how much bothersome this case has become for you. So I think it'll be better if you leave the case now and continue your work like you used to” this time he say with a calm tone.

You feel like someone just hit you with a large stone. You stand there frozen for a while then look at Jongsuk.

“I understand, Doctor. I'll send you all the files related to Baekhyun and leave his house within tomorrow” you say, bowing lightly and leave his room.

~~~~~

It has been two days since you left Baekhyun's house. While leaving you realised how attached you had been to that apartment. Not to mention the person who was glued to you 24/7.
Last night you could not sleep well. Your mind was blurry and even before you knew it was morning already.

You take your phone out and dial Jongsuk's number. Although you have been doing this for the past two days, you could not build up the courage to call him. No good excuse ran through your mind.

‘I'll just ask if I've left my watch there’

You quickly press the call button before you could change your mind. After two beeps someone picked up.

“Hello?” a familiar male voice spoke.

“B..Baekhyun?” you ask. You are sure this is his voice but something about it feels weird.

“Where's Doctor Jongsuk?” you ask in a calm tone.

“Must be laying somewhere senseless but who are you?” he asks and then checks the caller id. “Oh so it's Y/N. The previous doctor who wanted to fix me?” he mockingly says and starts laughing.

You are creeped out by his words. It feels like he did something to Jongsuk. Why else would he be senseless?

“Listen darling, sorry for confusing you with my ex and kissing you like that. Although it wasn't a bad experience I admit. You can come over at anytime if you want more of it. But stop trying to heal Baekhyun” he says in a serious tone.

“From now on I will lead the other Baekhyun's life” he says before hanging up.

Your brain stopped functioning after what you just heard. It's him. That hoe.

You quickly take your necessary stuff and run out of your home. You need to check on Jongsuk immediately before Baekhyun does something worse.

After about 20 minutes you reach Baekhyun’s apartment. You press on the calling bell a few times desperately while huffing miserably.
Soon after the door clicks open to reveal Jongsuk’s shocked expression to see you there.

“....Doctor? Are you alright? Did something happen??” you throw all the questions at once.

“Yeah I'm perfectly alright Y/N. What brings you here so suddenly?” he asks in confusion.

You make your way into the apartment without answering his questions. This is not important right now. You need to find Baekhyun.

You slam the door open to Baekhyun's room to find him playing with some Legos innocently.

‘What in the world is happening here?’