13

'He is there, standing right in front of me. Do I have feelings for him? Yes, I do. But not exactly him. I like

the person inside him, the person who likes me too. Who bears all the pain. I know he can't kill, he

becomes violent but he can't kill someone'

You look at Baekhyun's mother and remove her grip from your arm.

"I won't lie to the police, I believe in Baekhyun. And Mrs. Byun you know why your son's mental state

was like a 7 year old kid? BECAUSE OF YOU. You never gave him enough love or affection. Even his so

called demon self... maybe it was also created because of you" you say loudly.

"Dr. Y/N, you can't talk to my mom like that" he says politely.

You look at him. It seems as if he also believes that his other personality has killed his uncle.

"I'm in love with the person whom I told that I will fix his pain" you say looking at him.

You get out of the house without giving them a chance to talk back.

~~~~~

"Mom why are you doing this? Involving Dr. Y/N in a matter like this?" he asks in frustration.

"So what should I do!!! Let you rot in jail?? Convince her somehow. She loves you"

"Mom, didn't you hear? she loves someone else, she is in a relationship with Dr. Jongsuk. The entire

hospital knows that"

"She has feelings for you, believe me and..." Mrs. Byun tries to explain but Baekhyun cuts her off.

"It doesn't matter if she likes me or not. I love Hyemi"

"That girl.... That girl has come back?? Didn't... I told you to stay away from that girl.... Why don't you

ever...." she says in between heavy breaths. She is having breathing problem.

"Mom, please relax.." he holds his mom and takes her to the couch.

"Do you want me to suffer in this old age Baekhyun?? After all the things I have done for you!!!" she

says trying to control her breathing.

"Mom... this will hurt Hyemi" Baekhyun says holding his mom's hand.

"Okay I will allow that girl for now. Just for now, please do as I say, to get out of this situation"

Baekhyun's mom insists him.

Baekhyun nods to his mother's words.

~~~~~

1 day later.

You can't believe you are sitting in the police station beside Baekhyun. The police called you for

investigation along with Baekhyun. You look around the place trying to survive the awkward atmosphere

around you.

Your eyes land on a guy standing outside the room visible by the see through glass, glaring at Baekhyun.

The police officer taps on the table to get your attention.

"Miss, is it true that you went to the amusement park with Mr. Baekhyun?"

"Yes"

"Why did you guys go there?" the officer asks.

"We just went for a hangout" Baekhyun answers.

"After getting out of the amusement park, where did you guys go?"

You look at Baekhyun.

You think if you should you tell the police that you guys didn't leave together but you don't want to lie.

So you decide of tell the truth.

"We......" you hesitantly say but get cut off by another officer barging into the room.

"Sir, this guy had seen these two that day"

You both look at the guy. You can't exactly remember who he is or if you've seen him before.

"You saw them in the amusement park that day?" police asks the man.

"Yeah, I saw them hooking up in the Ferris wheel, they were making out like there is no tomorrow" he

says, giving you guys a cringed out look.

Now you remember, he was the guard of that Ferris wheel. You gulp nervously and look at Baekhyun.

"Mr. Byun, I thought you had a girlfriend and as far as I know she is not your girlfriend"

You start to feel really uncomfortable at this point.

"I would like to leave" you say as you stand up.

"After that we went out together" Baekhyun says, looking at the officer.

You look at him in disbelief.

"Okay, seems like you are cheating on your girlfriend" he says smiling while looking at you.

"It's my personal matter, do you want to know anything else?" Baekhyun asks in a serious tone.

"No, it's a rich people thing to cheat on their partners. If you have money you get multiple chicks"

Baekhyun keeps silence and gets out from there.

You see the people in the room giving you a shameful look.

'No one in my entire life have looked at me in such a pitiful way...' you think.

You want to tell the truth to everyone but you don't want to see him suffer.

~~~~~

You are about to get out of the police station but a voice stops you from behind, you look back.

"Don't we have something to talk about??" Baekhyun asks in a ice cold tone.

~~~~~

You are sitting with Baekhyun in a café.

"Who should start first?" he says. His tone clearly telling how annoyed he is at you, as if it's filled with

poison.

"You know what those guys were thinking about me? A GOLD DIGGER!!"

"Aren't you one?" Baekhyun asks in a cocky tone.

"How dare you!!" you say, gritting your teeth.

"Firstly, you cheat on Jongsuk. Secondly you took advantage of my mental state. Why would you do such a thing?? The answer is obvious, money" he replies.

"Who told you I have anything going on with Dr. Jongsuk?"

"Isn't it obvious? You guys are always together, everyone in the hospital gossips about you two and that

day you told mom that you'll heal his pain or something of that sort"

You can't bear this anymore. He sounds exactly like his mother.

"I love my girlfriend, so whatever..."

"Stop..." you say in a low tone.

"What?" he frowns.

"I said stop..." you say with a cracked voice as you bang the table with your fist.

Baekhyun is dumbfounded by the sudden outburst. He notices tears rolling down from your eyes.

"I never told Jongsuk that I will heal his pain. I said that to you... No, I said that to another Baekhyun who

loves me..." you say huffing.

"How can you love that demon!!" he raises his voice, his eyes looking at you as if you've said the most

pathetic thing.

"He isn't a demon, he didn't kill anyone"

"What if he did, will you still like him?"

You look at his eyes. He wants the answer desperately.

"How are you so sure that he killed him!!!"

"Because I killed him, he is me, I am him. It doesn't matter who did it.."

"Yes... I will still love him... but I wouldn't support him for what he has done. Also, he wouldn't blame

you for something that you didn't... Don't play mind games with me, I know you didn't kill your uncle.

Besides, you are not him" you say in a stern voice and leave the café.

~~~~~

Baekhyun comes home. Everything is making him angry. Thinking why his life is fucked up since

childhood.

He goes to the living room.

There's Hyemi standing still staring at her phone screen. Sadness and anger reflecting on her face. She

starts to read out loud.

"Police didn't find any proof against Byun Baekhyun about his uncle's murder. But there is another

news that has come out, he had been cheating on his current girlfriend with a well known psychiatrist"

she stops and looks at Baekhyun.

"WHY!!" she yells, her voiced cracked.

"It wasn't me... it was... my......" he couldn't finish.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!! YOU GUYS ARE THE SAME PERSON" she screams again, throwing her phone.

Suddenly Baekhyun gets a flash back.

"...Hyemi ...you .. only dated me for that person?!"

Hyemi gets confused and frowns.

"What?"

"You only dated me because Woonsuk told you to date me and you know who killed my father DON'T

YOU!!!" he says, raising his voice at the last part.

Saying this Baekhyun suddenly starts to feel a sharp pain.

~~~~~

"Hello Hyemi, long time no see, lets play hide and seek. You will hide and I will look for you. If I find you, you have to tell me where that old man has hidden the proof okay?"