21

You are on your way back to your room. After Baekhyun started feeling uncomfortable because of your questions, you left him alone to calm down.
You are passing by Mrs. Byun's room. With a quick glance you notice that the windows in her room are wide open. The curtains are flying around because of the wind.
‘It’ll start raining soon, I should tell some maid to close… *starts to rain* …ohhh well then let me close the windows quickly’
You enter the room, put the dairy on a table and go towards windows to close them.
‘It will rain heavily I guess. I wanna eat ramen but mom is coming today. I have to meet her’
You get out of the room thinking about your mom. In the middle of the way back to your room, you remember about the dairy that you left on the table.
You are about to enter Mrs. Byun’s room.
“How many times are you gonna manipulate him that?? ‘I killed your father because of you?’ Pfftt hilarious. At first tell him who his real father is”
You hear Heechul saying this. You freeze at your spot. Quickly you hide beside the door so that they don’t see you. You hear all their conversation and what Mrs. Byun says at last.
You immediately go back to your room before they find out about you.
‘Everything that I heard just now… Were they true? Or was I just hallucinating? So Heechul is Baekhyun’s uncle? And who is his real father? Mrs. Byun killed her husband? Should I tell all this to Dr. Jongsuk? No. What if he gets killed after that? I should tell Baekhyun, no he won’t believe me. I should tell Bacon’ you thought.
You feel like there is a thorn stuck inside your throat.
You are panicking. Suddenly someone knocks at your door. You take a step back in fear after seeing the person.
“Why are you here?” you ask in a faint tone.
“You dropped this in my room” Mrs. Byun says lifting up the diary in her hand.
“Ohhh I…” you stutter.
“Why was it in my room? Why didn’t you come back to take it?” she asks.
“I went in your room to close the windows since it was raining and left the diary there. I was just about to go fetch it” you say avoiding her gaze.
“Why aren’t you going to the office today?” she asks you.
You tried to reply. But she continues. “Meeting someone?”
“Yeah” you reply. You are getting anxious now. This lady is so dangerous.
“A guy?” she asks.
“No.. my mother” you answer.
“I should get going now” you say again trying to avoid her. 
“It’s raining, should I drop you? You don’t have your car right now”

‘She is acting very friendly. Did she see me?’ you think.
“I thought you didn’t like my presence?” you say.
She laughs at you mockingly.
“I like you better than that Hyemi. I actually like you more than all the girls Baekhyun has dated” she says.
“I’m not dating your son. Did you forget this was an act?”
An evil smirk spreads on Mrs. Byun's lips.
“To fix my boy, he needs you and I know things are getting tempting between you two” she says smirking.
She comes closer and suddenly hugs you.
“I saw you guys in the corridor last night, it was quite loud, Dear” she whispers in your ear.
She breaks the hug. “This house is full of secrets, you have to keep them safe. If people find out, you will be in great trouble. Enough talking, get ready now. You have to meet your mom” she says, smiling at you.
‘Did she see me?’ you thought.
‘Was that her? I’m sure I saw someone standing next to the door’ Mrs. Byun thought.

~~~~~

You are sitting in the car beside Mrs. Byun on the back seat.
‘Why is she coming with me?’ you wonder.
“You must be thinking why I am coming with you. I have to attend a meeting so I’ll drop you on the way” she says.
You just nod not talking back to her.
“So tell me, what’s the most horrible case you ever faced?” she asks.
You sigh.
“There are lots of them, I don’t exactly remember” you say.
“Still there must be a specific one..” she says.
“A man was into cannibalism. He murdered about 10 people just because he wants to eat more humans, he is still in our hospital” you say.
“Wah what a lunatic!!” she says with a resting bitch face.
“Any other one?” she asks as if she isn’t satisfied with the story.
“There was a guy who was depressed” you say.
“How is that scary?” she mocks.
“I think he died because of me” you say.
Mrs. Byun becomes surprised.
“What!!”
“He couldn’t share his thoughts with me and his actual reason of depression. Later he committed suicide” you say.
“The more people suppress the pain, the more it wants to get out. What do you think Baekhyun wants to suppress?” you ask looking at her.
“What do you mean?” she asks as you see her sweating.
“Oh my… did I say Baekhyun? I mean that guy, my bad” you say smiling at her.
Mrs. Byun didn’t say a word after that.
~~~~~
You are sitting in front of your mom at a café.
“Is this how you behave with your mom? We are meeting outside like strangers. You are living with your boyfriend and you can’t invite your mom there”

“Mom… he is not my… boyfriend.. he is just a patient…” you say in low tone.
Your mom gets quiet.
‘But I just bragged to the whole neighborhood that my son-in-law is one of the richest people in Korea’ your mom thought. ‘My reputation…oh my god’
“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME BEFORE?” she screams suddenly.
“I didn’t get the right time to explain everything to you” you say biting your lips.
“Why did you become a doctor of these insane people?” your mom yells again.
“Mom cool down, everyone is staring at us” she says.
Suddenly you see Baekhyun entering the café.
‘What is he doing here?’ you thought.
He comes to your table and politely greets your mom.
“I am sorry, you most be confused. I am really sorry. I knew it might have hurt your feelings”
~~~~~
You are in sitting next to the driving seat.
Baekhyun gave apology gifts to your mom and dropped her at your aunt’s place.
“Why did you give her those expensive gifts and who told you I was meeting my mom?”
“Mom told me and I gifted her because I wanted to apologize perfectly”
“Baekhyun” you call.
“If I say something unbelievable will you believe me?” you ask looking down at your hand.
“Like what?”
“Ahh nothing”
“I just felt like I had a déjà vu” he says.
“Huh?”
“I think Hyemi also asked me something like that but maybe she said something unbelievable about my mom”
“And what did you answer?”
“I said I am blinded when it comes to anything involving my mom” he says.
You sigh and look forward towards the road.
‘It’s still raining, a storm will approach soon’ you thought.
You wake up to see Baekhyun trying to unbuckle your seatbelt.
“Mmhm” you make noises. He looks up immediately.
You guys are face to face now.
‘I was kissing this guy yesterday. His scent also feels like vanilla’
Suddenly you felt like he is leaning in towards you.
‘Is he Bacon? Or Baekhyun?’
He gently presses his lips on yours.
“Dr. Y/N, Dr. Y/N, wake up” Baekhyun calls.
‘It was a dream!?’