10

You are stoned. You don't know what to do. Your hands are shivering. You try to push him but his grip gets tighter. Baekhyun hides his face in the crook of your neck. You can feel his warm breath tickling your skin.
You are confused between his and your heart beat. This is no good, you need to come to your sense. Your feelings are needed to be kept aside.
"Baekhyun, can you tell me what happened on the day you got into the accident?"
Hearing this Baekhyun chuckles, he slowly breaks the hug.
"You are also like them" he says in a cruel tone.
"Huh?"
"You also want me to disappear. But you know what's funny?? You guys can not cause Baekhyun's other self can't bear any pain. Only I can bear all of those pain and fear"
As he says this, he gets up to leave.
"Where are you going now?" you ask.
"Why do you care?"
"Because... I am your ...doctor" you stutter.
"As far as I know you officially gave up on my case"
You are left there dumbfounded and watch him leave.
As he goes you think of informing Jongsuk. But a call appears on your phone.
Unknown Number
You receive the call.
"Doctor Y/N?"
"Yeah....are you Hyemi?"
"Meet me tomorrow at Subong restaurant beside Han river"
"Okay I will but where....."
You were cut off by the loud beeps telling she already hung up.
Geez what is this girl!!!
But now you have to tell real Baekhyun about her but what if the other Baekhyun shows up.
You sit on the couch and call Heechul.
~~
"Can you tell me about Hyemi?" you ask Heechul
"Well she suddenly came into Baekhyun's life and became his everything. I don't know about her family background but she is very sweet and polite"
"From how long Baekhyun knows Hyemi and where did they met??"
"More than 1 year and they met in our company"
"How much has he changed after getting into a relationship with her?"
"Well he always seemed happy, out going and cheerful after they started dating. But I must say, he stopped being a spoiled kid and had become more sensible. Moreover he stopped flirting with other girls"
"What?? Was he a playboy!!!!"
"Not exactly but he sure knows how to make a girl flattered and girls also like him for his charms"
'Yeah he sure knows' you thought, thinking about what happened today.
"Y/N you should listen to Jongsuk and tell him that you're meeting Hyemi"
"Heechul, should I tell Baekhyun that I am meeting her?"
"I don't know, she suddenly disappeared and now suddenly comes back. Besides the other Baekhyun knows where she is but the real Baekhyun doesn't"
"Real Baekhyun doesn't want to face reality"
"What?"
"The violent Baekhyun feels a sharp pain because he has all the painful memories but his other self doesn't" you say in a sad tone.
'I have to know what the other Baekhyun knows and I have a feeling that Hyemi knows it' you thought
Heechul looks at you than he looks away. He assumes that it is your sympathy for Baekhyun, nothing else.
~~~~
You asked Heechul to bring Baekhyun here. Because it's better to bring him. Even if violent Baekhyun comes out, Heechul will handle him.
You are sitting on a table looking here and there. A lady comes and sits in front of you.
"Hymie?"
She nods.
"I don't understand why I have to come to his life again"
"Why you are saying this? Didn't you love him?"
"Yeah, I still love him..."
"Then why did you leave him?"
"I left him because of him and I also came to meet you that day for him. But I guess now he hates me to the point he wants to take my life" Hyemi says, as she squeezes her clothes on her knee.
"That wasn't real Baekhyun"
"What??"
"Yes, but I want to ask you some questions"
"What do you mean by that wasn't real Baekhyun?"
You ignore her question.
"How did you know I am a doctor? I'm sure Baekhyun didn't mentioned I am a doctor in that letter. Can you give me the letter?"
You didn't know for sure. You just guessed it and asked her.
"I threw that letter away and in that letter the address of your hospital was mentioned so I just followed you"
You frown at her, she gasps. She said this looking into your eyes with confidence but your glare made her eyes move to another direction.
She is lying.
"Oh but Baekhyun wants to know about someone. Who is that person?"
"I don't know what he was talking about"
'She is not answering me, I need to make her more nervous' you think.
"Your family..." you pause for a second to look at her expression. Her eyes almost pop out as if she never thought that you'll ask about her family.
"I mean do you live with your family?"
She stands up.
"I am here to talk about Baekhyun and his health, not about myself. If you don't have anything else to say then I'll get going" she says and turns around to leave.
But freezes at her spot to see Baekhyun standing in front of her. She keeps standing there in shock for a while before trying to run away.
But Baekhyun grabs her hand and pulls her into a hug.
"I missed you. Please don't leave, I need you" he whispers into her ear.
"But you know what I have done.." she says with guilt.
"It doesn't matter because I love you"
Hearing him say that Hyemi looks at you.
"But Baekhyun it's better if I leave..." she tries to say but gets cut off as Baekhyun presses his lips on hers.
You are shocked. Your heart skips a beat and you feel like your heart just scattered into pieces. You look away.
You leave the place immediately and rush into your car.
'No no no no no, Y/N you are not hurt, you are not hurt'
You feel tears pouring out of your eyes.
You touch your cheek and feel your finger tips getting wet.
'What the heck! I am crying, why?'
You start your car and drive away from that place. But the farther you drive, your emotions burst out as you start to cry out loudly. You can't help yourself from thinking about how Baekhyun pulled her into a kiss.
'Do I really love him? Do I love him so much? So much that it's breaking my heart to see him kiss another girl? Not just another girl but the one he loves'
You stop the car. You are huffing.
'Yes, Y/N you should have given up on this case'
You take a deep breath and wipe away your tears. You notice your phone that you threw at the passenger seat is vibrating.
You take it in your hand and see that there are several missed calls, some of them are from Heechul and Jongsuk.
It starts vibrating again as Dr. Jongsuk floats on the screen. You receive his call.
"Y/N, why didn't you tell me that you were meeting Hyemi and why did you let them meet? Now Baekhyun has bring her in his house. Do you know how this can be dangerous to that lady?"
"He loves her so he'll protect his love and you were right, it's better for me not to interrupt" you say before hanging up.
You have never felt this heart broken.
~~
You didn't go to the hospital next day and spend the whole day watching cringy sad-romantic dramas. You don't know why you are acting like a 13 year old school girl who just have gone through her first break up.
You didn't receive any call from your hospital or anywhere else.
But suddenly you feel like your phone is making too much of noise. You check your phone.
"Happy birthday? A day passed like that and I didn't even notice"
There are so many wishes from all the social medias but suddenly you remember what Baekhyun told you.
"Let's celebrate together" you mutter.
The screen suddenly flashes bright with a call. The caller id showing Baekhyun.
"Hello" you say receiving the call immediately.
"Doctors Y/N, I know it's late but can you tell me where you put the coco powder? Actually I'm making a cake"
Your mood drops again. You thought that he called to wish you, but he doesn't even know it's your birthday, the other Baekhyun does.
You hear his girlfriend yelling from the other side. "Baekhyun-ah, I found it"
"Oh, Hyemi already found it"
You felt your blood boiling. You hang up the call in anger and throw your phone on the bed.
~~
You pass your birthday at home. You just talked with your mother on the phone and that's it. You don't feel like socializing right now.
But sitting inside your room all day was suffocating you so you went out to get some fresh air late at night. You sit next to a convenient store with some beer.
You look at your clock it is 12:01 AM.
"Lets celebrate your birthday together my foot" you say as you open your bear can.
As you are about to go home, you see Jongsuk coming towards you slowly. His expression looks sad. He comes closer to you and rests his head on your shoulder.