29

After coming back to Seoul,
Heechul enters a room where Mrs. Byun was already present. She’s sitting in a corner in tension.
“Why did you call me?” Heechul asks.
“I got a call from the police” Mrs. Byun says.
“Why??”
“The car that is involved with the hit and run case of Y/N's sister… it was bought by Baekhyun” she says.
“It was bought by him but didn’t he give it to Hyemi as a present?”
“Yes… and if she gets arrested, she’ll leak all our information. She’s been threatening me recently. I won’t even be surprised if she had killed Hansu (Baekhyun’s biological father)”
“I thought Wonsuk did it?”
“No, he’s only after money. He won’t murder someone. That girl Hyemi wants something else… she wants my son and…”
“And what…”
“Hansu helped Baekhyun get out of the murder case of Heesu… But the day that incident occurred… one of our servants was present there too…”
“Wait don’t tell me.…. Is she the servant who killed herself!!!” Heechul exclaims.
“I think Hansu forced her to do that… and… she had a daughter…” Mrs. Byun says nervously.
“….Dang …that’s why we never knew about her family…” he says in worry.
“Where is Baekhyun????” Mrs. Byun asks.
“…In Y/N's hometown”
“Are you crazy!!!!!!! Why didn’t you stop him?” Mrs. Byun yells.
“We are going there right now” she says.
“All the flights have been canceled because of weather conditions. My flight was the last one today. A red alert warning was issued for a typhoon. It will take at least 5 days for the flights to start again. The only way to go there is by road. But it took us almost a whole day when I went with Baekhyun” Heechul says.
“Hire all the securities of that town and make them stay around Y/N's house. Tell Baekhyun to stay there for at least 2/3 days and don’t let him stay in hotels"
~~~~~

“How can I stay in her house? I'm going back to the hotel” Baekhyun replies on the phone. He is standing in your home’s yard, talking on the phone. He looks behind to see your mom giving him a weird look.
He cuts the call and goes inside the house. He awkwardly looks here and there.
“Umm… Can I stay here?” he asks.
“………..Sure”

~~~~~

3 AM
You suddenly wake up. You are in your room laying on your bed. The last thing you remember is crying on Baekhyun’s arm until you fell asleep. “He just popped up out of nowhere like that”
Your throat feels dry. You look at the jug on your table but it was empty.
You get out of your room and go to the kitchen. While coming back from the kitchen you notice Baekhyun standing there alone, his back facing you.
‘He is still here?’
You walk towards him.
“Baekhyun?”
He doesn’t look back, his eyes fixed on his phone screen.
“Dr. Y/N… why don’t I miss Hyemi anymore? She texted me saying she misses me… But why don’t I miss her like before?!” he says bluntly.
“It means that you are over her” you reply.
“But I miss someone else these days” he whispers, quiet enough for you to not hear him.
While he is busy staring at his screen, you wonder when he came to his senses and what is he doing in your house.
He suddenly turns around and looks at you.
“She asked me to meet her... she said she’ll talk about why we fought that day… Earlier I said it doesn’t matter because that time I wanted her to be by my side at any cost… But now I want to remember… why we had that fight” he says with a frown on his face.
“So are you going to meet her?” you ask.
He nods.
“When did you come to your senses?” you ask.
“Huh… Ahhh when you were sleeping…” he says, stuttering on every word.
“What’s wrong? Why are you acting like that?” you ask being concerned.
“Ahhh I don’t know, I’m going to sleep” he says and runs towards the guest room.

~~~~~

It has been three days since Baekhyun is living with you. Sometimes his child form comes out. Mostly when you are upset. However you noticed his tone seems a bit off. He often pretends to be Juliet and makes you act like Romeo. What’s weirder is that he doesn’t whine for candies.
“Y/N, are you feeling down again?” Baekhyun asks making a puppy face, standing in front of the door.
You pat on the bed signaling him to sit next to you.
He comes and sits next to you.
“Your behavior pattern has changed” you say boldly catching him off guard.
“Huh?” he asks in his real voice.
Baekhyun realizes it and immediately puts on his aegyo act.
“Huh? What does that mean?”
Cringe runs through every single blood cell in your body. You sigh.
“Baekhyun, go back to Seoul. Flights have been rescheduled and I think I caught your act”
Baekhyun puts his act down.
“I…”
“I get it, you wanted to cheer me up”
“No, it wasn’t me. Actually it was my child self. I read his dairy few days ago. He liked you a lot so I just wanted to fulfill his wish” he says.
“Why… do you want to… fulfill his wish?”
“Because I got his memories back”
You are shocked for a few seconds.
“Huhhh!! Oh my! That’s a great news. That means Bacon too will be gone soon. And you.. you’ll be alright. You don’t have to be with me anymore” you say, putting on a fake smile.
It was like you snapped Baekhyun back to the reality. He realized that he can be your boyfriend only until Bacon exist.
“Why? Don’t you like me being around you? Do you only like me when I am in my lunatic selves? Don’t you like me as a normal person with a stable mind?” he suddenly bursts out in anger.
“I… didn’t mean that” you try to explain. But he stands up and tries to leave because he is afraid of showing his emotions to you.
But you get a flash back of Hyewon trying to leave without giving any chance to explain and you’re crying miserably unable to stop her.
“Please...” you mutter while sobbing.
He looks behind to see you crying.
“Why… why does everyone think that I’m the one who did wrong!!! Why does no one give me a chance to explain? WHY??????” you cry out.
“I… I wasn’t going anywhere. I thought if I say something further, you will… find out… Ahh nothing you are just being …too emotional” he says.
You look at him with teary eyes. You step closer to him and slap his face really hard.
“You are a jerk after all”
You try to leave but he pulls you back by pulling your hand.
“Don’t you understand why I am trying  to leave now? Can’t you see it? Can’t you see my obsession??”
You jerk off your hand from his grip.
“You said you only remember memories from your child self…??” you say looking at him in shock.
“......I remember something from his part too. I remember the Ferris wheel part when I kissed you” he says subconsciously.
“KISS!!! I never kissed you” you say.
Suddenly your phone vibrates with a text message. The notification bar shows that it’s from Jongsuk.
You try to pick up your phone. But Baekhyun grabs your wrist.
“You didn’t only kissed me, you kissed your boyfriend. I AGREED TO BE YOUR BOYFRIEND. Now pay attention to me and leave your phone”
You try to say something. But before you could you notice your mom standing in front of the door.