8

You are sitting in your cabin thinking about everything that happened today.

You feel like you have missed something important and so you can't help but feel more and more restless.

A staff member comes into your room.

“Doctor Y/N, it’s 10 now, your duty time is over”

“Oh, yeah I'll be going home in a while”

“Huh? You're not going to Doctor Yoon Jae's dinner party?”

“Oh right!”

You totally forgot about today's dinner party. Recently your senior Yoon Jae got married so he is treating all your colleagues tonight.

“Thanks for reminding me. I should get going now” you say getting up from your chair.

You usually avoid these kinds of dinner parties because some of your colleagues are too clingy. But you can’t avoid them forever and who cares if there's good food.

You go to the washroom to put on a little bit of make up since you look like a zombie right now.

After getting out of the washroom you see Heechul and Jongsuk standing at the end of the corridor. By their expression you can tell that they are talking about something serious.

‘Did something happen again?’ you think and start to walk towards them curiously.

‘Geez it’s none of my business. I am not even handling his case anymore. Then why do I keep trying to get involved in this? Why do I care if he is improving or not!!!’ You bite your bottom lip and turn around.

‘I have to keep my distance with him’

~~~~~

You join the dinner party. Everyone is chatting and laughing at silly jokes with each other. But you sit in a corner with your anti social soul with a cold drink to freshen up your mind.

After a while Jongsuk comes to the party and sits next to you.

“I heard Jiwoo ran away today?” he asked, his voice telling you that you're screwed.

You laugh nervously.

“Yeah, she said Baekhyun asked her on a date”

“WHAT!!??”

Everyone around you look at the two of you because of his sudden outburst.

“Did Doctor Y/N propose you?” one of your colleagues jokes.

“No, no, no what're you even saying?” you answer immediately.

“Are we getting another party any time soon?” another colleague speaks.

“Yahh don’t make things up!” you say in frustration.

That’s why you didn’t want to come here. Everyone assumes that you and Jongsuk are dating. But it’s strange because you used to enjoy it secretly when someone thought that but now you don’t like it anymore.

“Yahh, why are you guys after this poor girl? We were just talking about our patients” Jongsuk says, closing everyone’s mouth.

You sigh and look at Jongsuk.

“Don’t let them bother you” he says, with a warm smile.

“Thanks but I need to go now” you say, hurrying your way out of the place.

~~~~~

You are on the way to your home. Your mind is filled with confusion. Why were you digging up Baekhyun’s past when Jongsuk clearly told you to stay out of it? He also told you to be careful.

‘Ahhh today’s day was awful from first to last’

When you get close to your home, you find a girl standing in front of the entrance of your building.

As you go closer the face becomes clear.

‘Hyemi!!!’

“Are you doctor Y/N?” Hyemi asks you.

She seems terrified. She is trembling.

“Yeah, but are you okay?” you ask in concern.

“You have to save Baekhyun”

“What are you talking about??”

“You must be thinking what kind of a girlfriend I am, right? Yes, I am a bad person. I left Baekhyun but I only did it because I…. didn’t want to die”

“But why are you telling all this to me now? And where you have been?”

“That’s not the important right now. I got a letter and it says only you can save him”

“What?! How??”

“I don’t know, I will be going now. If someone sees me, it will be problem”

“Wait, I need to talk. Baekhyun’s  mental state.... I need your help”
Hyemi sighs.

“I can’t face him right now. I will call you later”

“Hyemi...??” A voice echoes from behind.

“B..Baekhyun??” you call out.

“You..” he tries to approach you but he seems to be in pain.

Hyemi is stepping back slowly.

“Wait …tell me who was..” Baekhyun tries to say but his pain increases, causing him to bent down on his knees.

You run to him and hold his arm to help him get up but he pushes you away.

He looks at you with a frown.

“Don’t even try to stop me” he warns.

You stand there not knowing what to do. The veins on his temple are clearly visible now, his eyes are turning red.

He stands up and goes to Hyemi.
He suddenly grabs her neck and pins her to the wall. You run towards them and try to stop him.

“Baekhyun stop it”

He pushes you away with his other hand.

“Are you spilling it or not?” he asks aggressively.

Hyemi tries to free herself but Baekhyun’s grip gets stronger the more she struggles. He then starts to lift her up. At this rate he will kill her.

So you run to him and push him away with all the strength you have in your body.

Gladly this time he loses his grip and falls down along with Hyemi.

“Hyemi, quickly run from here”

She gets up immediately and nods at you before running. Baekhyun tries to go after her but you hug him from behind.

“Baekhyun, please stop” you beg, holding him tightly.

But watching her run away gets him pissed off and throws a punch on the wall.

You get surprised and leave him quickly. He turns back at you and looks down at your eyes.

“You… all of this is your fault”

He is slowly coming towards you. His dark eyes screaming danger that scares the hell out of you.

He comes really close to you and raises his hand slowly. But before he can do anything he passes out.

~~~~~

You have taken Baekhyun back to the hospital and called Jongsuk and Heechul. You got to know that no one knows he went out of house.

Few minutes later the two men arrive at the hospital but Baekhyun is still senseless.

“Y/N, you should go back home and sleep” Heechul says.

“No…”

“You are tired, go back” Jongsuk says teaming up with Heechul.

“You have duty tomorrow too. Come back at that time”

You can’t argue with him. So you give up and go back to your home.

~~

The next day,

Before going to your own room, you go straight to Baekhyun’s room to check on him.

You find him sitting on his bed with a cup of tea.

“Doctor Y/N, did you need anything?” the nurse asks.

“Please leave for a while. I will be talking with the patient now”

“Yes doctor”

You look at him, he seems really calm.

He gives you a smile, not like the innocent smile that baby Baekhyun gives nor that pitiful smile that violent Baekhyun gives. This smile is more charming, more humble and a lot more warm.

“Hello, Doctor Y/N, I’m Byun Baekhyun”

“You…..”

“Yes I am Baekhyun, the real Baekhyun”

You were surprised for a moment.

“I heard, I almost killed Hymie..” he says with a sad face.

“Well that was your other self”

“Still I want to say sorry to her. She has suffered a lot because of me and now she will be hating me. Do you know where she has gone?”

“No, but she said that she'll call me”

“Please let her know that last night it wasn’t me”

“Okay”

“Do you want to ask me something?” Baekhyun asks in a calm tone.

“Umm no, take some rest and call the doctors if you need to” you say with a fake smile and leave his room. You are getting this feeling of distance, like 100 miles of distance.

You see Heechul coming towards the room.

“Did you meet Baekhyun? His real self has comeback”

“Yeah but why didn't you inform me?”

“Ahhh….actually..”

“I told him not to tell you” Jongsuk interrupts.

“Huh? But why?”

“Come to my cabin”

~~~~~

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I want to ask you something before answering your question”

You are surprised by his cold response.

“Did you ask Heechul for Baekhyun’s mother’s number, address and Hymie’s photo?”

“Yes”

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from Baekhyun’s case?”

“Yes”

“Then why?”

“I'm sorry doctor” you say looking down.

“But I want to know how Hyemi knows about you?”

“I don’t know”

“Let me tell you, Baekhyun was the one who sent that letter”

“How did you know?”

“After you left the party, I went back to the hospital and checked the CCTV footages again. He bought some paper and pen from the other side of the road. Baekhyun’s other self is getting stronger but maybe real Baekhyun is also getting stronger?”

“So that's why..”

“Yeah that’s why he got his senses back. But he doesn’t remember everything. He even forgot about what exactly happened on that day of accident. Now that I've told you everything, your question’s answer remains at last. I think that Baekhyun will somehow use you in the future too and both of the other Baekhyuns have a weird obsession towards you”

“Obsession?”