31

You are back to the hospital. After crying like a mess in the washroom, you came back to your room as your shift isn’t over yet.

A patient enters the room and sits in front of you. You look up at him with a fake smile but the smile replaces with a frown as soon as you see him.

“What are you doing here?” you ask.

“To get counselling!? What else do people do here?” Wonsuk says.

You roll your eyes. “I have nothing to do with-”

“The girl I love… is getting married to my brother”

“Look-”

“Dr. Y/N, the girl I love doesn’t show any emotions. I know she acts very well but still I’m nothing but a puppet to her” he says and stands up, placing a card on the table. He says something before leaving that leaves you shaken.
“Dr. Y/N, don’t you find it strange? It’s been more than a month, still police couldn’t find the car that hit your sister. That area is full of hotels which means lots of CCTV cameras. Then why?”

~~~~~

Flashback

Baekhyun gets in his home after arguing with you. He lets out a deep breath.

“Ohhh, you’re back? Did you invite her to our engagement party, Baekhyun? Oops, I mean… Bacon” Hyemi chuckles.

“Don’t you dare to call me by that name. You are not allowed to call me that” Bacon responds.

“Oh my! Such high temper, I like that” Hyemi says.

Bacon goes closer to her. “I should have killed you that day” he says looking into her eyes.

“Aww your bad luck, Y/N saved me” she says fixing his collar.

“Don’t touch me” he says pushing her away.

“You have to bear me whole life” she says.

“Yeah I know. You are willing to live a pathetic life” Bacon says before leaving.

Hyemi clenches her hand, looking at his back. She takes out her phone and calls someone. “Woonsuk, how are you?”

He rolls his eyes as she talks.
“If it’s nothing important then I’m hanging up” he says, about to hang up.

“Can you do something for me? You know that doctor, bring her to my engagement party!!”

Woonsuk sighs.

“I’m not into your shit anymore”

“Ayyy why are you being like this? Remember about your huge illegal trades? What if the government finds out about that and how you ignored all your taxes?” she asks with a wicked smile.

“What do you want me to do?” he asks, gritting his teeth in anger.

“I want that doctor to see our engagement. It will be hard for your brother” she says.

“You are seriously a rotten shit”

“Huh? Your family is a lot more than that but they act like a saints. I had to act like that in the beginning too but it was so suffocating” she says sarcastically.

“When will you stop? Are you even a human? Do you have any emotions? Did you ever love me or hyung ? Why are we being punished in all this?” he breaks out in anger.

She laughs in a mocking tone.

“You know why I’m still tolerating you despite of you being the son of that trash? Because you love me… that’s it. Love causes us most pain. Baekhyun used to love me too but now he doesn’t. So I need to hurt his loved one to hurt him. I won’t stop until your whole family feels so numb… that…..”