30

“You said it was all just an act!” your mom screams.
“Mom, don’t scream please” you plead. You are in your mom’s room trying to convince her while Baekhyun is waiting outside.
“Why??? Why not?? Now you will date a mental guy and I can’t say anything? I was against you being a psychiatrist at the first place. Treating them wasn’t enough now you will date one??” your mom says in frustration.
“Mom, it’s my life. I get it, you raised me without father and it was hard for you. Therefore, I tried to be the best daughter possible. But to be honest, you weren’t helping me at all. Even now by doing this you are making the situation worse” you say and leave the room.
“Come back, we need to talk” your mom yells from behind.

You get out of the house to calm yourself down. You breath in and out, trying to not cry.
Suddenly a loud honk echoes in the air and startles you. You look behind to see Baekhyun sitting inside the car.
“Now what do you want?” you ask, getting closer to the car.
“Y/N, it’s Bacon. I’m sorry, I wasn’t there for you when you needed me the most”
“Bacon? Are you acting again??”
“Nope, Baekhyun doesn’t remember my part. Don’t worry I won’t heal so soon” he says looking at your eyes.
‘How confident… How can be he that confident!!’ you thought.
“Hurry up and get in. Let’s go for a ride”

Beautiful Goodbye is playing in the car. You are looking out, your hair flowing along the wind like the waves in the river. Bacon catches a quick glimpse of you.
He asks to his inner self, ‘Now you like her, huh? I am jealous… jealous of you, you are taking over me… the closer you get to her the more you control over me… I asked myself why her? The answer is because it’s her. It all started with that eyeliner fight when I saw her for the first time. I wonder how different things would have been without her. I might have ended up killing someone’
After a brief moment of thinking, he breaks the silence and speaks up.
“Y/N, I am ready to tell you something about Hyemi and Baekhyun’s fight”
You immediately look at him.
“Do you know who is Hyemi? And why I liked her?”
You look at him with curious eyes, eagerly waiting for him to continue.
“She was my childhood friend, my first love. But after my uncle I mean the person I thought my father was killed by me, she disappeared suddenly. Ever since my teenage years I started to have flings here and there. After growing up Hyemi came to the office as my employee all of a sudden. I thought she’ll just be another one of those flings. But she knew what was going on deep inside me. She knew how I felt but I didn’t know how she came to know my feelings. After the accident that was planned, I was trying to find out who tried to kill me. At first, I thought someone was blackmailing her. But it was her all along. She knew who my real dad is and that I shot my uncle. She also knew that my uncle was alive after I shot him. My dad took his life in order to save me, as my uncle found out that I wasn’t his son. Hyemi knew everything. I was after her for the DNA reports but later I found out that she was the culprit. She knew all the secrets of my family. You know why she is doing this?” he looks at you finally.
You couldn’t process so much information at once, still you asked “Why?”
“My father forced her mother to kill herself because she witnessed everything. Now Hyemi wants revenge. My father did that in order to protect me. So she decided to ruin everything in my life. As if it wasn’t already messed up before. Once she was very precious to me or Baekhyun, but now… it’s you. Therefore I want to protect you anyhow. So Y/N… leave me…” Baekhyun finishes looking straight at your eyes.
“Stop, I don’t want to hear anything any further”
“Y/N, leave my case”
“You can’t decide that, only Baekhyun can” you say stubbornly.
“He’ll also want the same thing when he gets back all his memories. I was being selfish before… I wanted to keep you close to me but now I…”
“Stop the car!” you ask, cutting him off.
“Why..?”
“I SAID STOP!!” you yell, moving the steering wheel in anger.
“What are you doing!?”
The car almost lost balance but Bacon managed to stop it safely.
“ARE YOU MAD OR SOMETHING??” he yells at you.
You pitifully smile.
“Look who’s talking. You’re right, you were selfish, even now you are being selfish. You’re thinking you’ll get hurt if something happens to me” you say and get off the car.
“Y/N” he yells and gets out of the car, slamming the door loudly.
He comes close to you. “Do you think it’s easy for me to let you go?” Bacon asks, shaking you by your shoulders.
“Then stay with me and protect me. Because I won’t leave you”
You cup his face with your hands and lean towards him for a kiss. But he steps away from you.
You are surprised by his action. Looking at him, you feel like your heart shattered into pieces.
“Y/N, I’m going back to Seoul now” he says as he walks towards the high way and calls a cab.
“Get in the cab” he says coldly, passing by you. He gets in his car and drives off, leaving you there in that miserable state.

~~~~~

1 month later,
You are back to Seoul. Jongsuk told you that you don’t need to visit him anymore. You called Baekhyun several times but he never answered. You even called Mrs. Byun but got nothing.
You are sitting with Jiwoo at the garden of your hospital.
“Unnie, did someone dump you?”
‘Wow what a wrong time to ask this question!’ you thought.
“Why???”
“Doctor Jungsuk also made this kind of face before. When I asked he said that his love rejected him”
‘Wow now she is bringing up how I rejected someone… wait… Is this karma!!’ you sigh and lower your face.
~~~~~

You are walking down the corridor and hear two nurses talking.
“Dr. Y/N dated a patient remember??” first one speaks.
“That crazy rich lunatic???” another one asks.
“Yeah, they broke up and now he is getting married to someone else” first one replies.
“WHAT?? TO WHOM!!!” you interfere between them all of a sudden.
They jump at your sudden raise of voice and look at you dumbfounded.
“Ahhh Dr. Y/N… you should know, he was your…” first one spoke.
“YAH, YOU TWO… ALWAYS GOSSIPING ABOUT OTHER’S PERSONAL LIFE. DON’T YOU GUYS HAVE ANY ANOTHER WORK TO DO!!!!! Wait, you two also gossiped about me and Dr. Jongsuk” you outrage with anger.
“Sorry, Dr. Y/N!” both of them apologize and run away from you.
“You two better stop!” you yell from behind. Then you realize you are standing in the corridor. A patient looks at you and then looks at a sign hanging on the wall that says, “KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN IN THE CORRIDOR”
You look at the sign and then at the patient. You press your lips in a thin line, looking away not to be more embarrassed.

~~~~~

You call Baekhyun again but as always he isn’t answering. It’s been way long since you’ve been waiting for him. So you decide to finally visit his house.
You are standing in front of his house.
‘I am in front of your house. If you don’t come out, I am coming in’
You texted him. To be honest, you weren’t expecting much this time. You were getting used to being ignored by him. But this is the only idea you could come up with.
For your surprise Baekhyun comes out. You rush towards him.
“What do you want to talk about?”
You want to ask about his marriage first. But couldn’t manage to get that out.
“Why are you ignoring me?” you ask instead.
“Ahhh because Hyemi doesn’t like it”
“HYEMI!!! You said that you don’t like her anymore… then what’s all this??”
“It’s none of your business” he replies coldly.
“How come it’s not? You are my boyfriend!!!! You told me yourself”
“Yes I did... but that was until Bacon existed” he interrupts you.
“…what do you mean? He said he won’t heal so soon…” you say with a shaky voice.
“Wait… Did you want that?” he asks in a mocking tone.
You don’t reply.
“Dr. Y/N, I have officially discharged from your hospital. In case you didn’t know that”
“Then you must remember what Hyemi did to you. Then why are you still with her!!!! She tried to kill you!”
“No, she never tried to kill me, it was Wonsuk. She was in fact blackmailed. I will teach that punk a lesson later. But we cleared out things. She loves me and I love her too. She said she is guilty but… she is not after revenge anymore”
“So who killed your father?? I thought that was linked to Hy…”
“STOP IT!” he yells at you suddenly. You get shocked by his reaction.
“You must be so drowned in your sister’s accident that you didn’t check any kind of news. Then let me tell you. That murder is connected to a company issue. My uncle’s death was shown like a murder to distract people. I guess you got the wrong idea when I visited you in your hometown. I did it because of my health's sake. Moreover, Bacon loved you, not me. SO PLEASE STOP BOTHERING ME. I am getting married to Hyemi soon”