23

“Why didn’t you tell Baekhyun?” you ask.
“He'll hate me, I don’t want him to hate me”
‘That means Bacon knows about it?’
Suddenly you guys hear a knock on the door.
Mrs. Byun clears her throat and wipes away the tears before standing up. You also stand up following her.
She checks her outfit once and then opens the door to see one of the servants waiting outside.
“Why are you here?” she asks strictly.
“I beg your pardon, Ma'am. Wonsuk sir is here and he wants to meet Baekhyun sir” the servant says.
Mrs. Byun immediately looks at you in fear.
“Go and tell him to wait” she tells the servant and immediately closes the door.
“What should we do now?” she asks you.
“I forgot that he has a meeting with Wonsuk about the future car project today. If he sees Baekhyun in this condition, it will be a big problem” you say.
You walk towards the closet.
“Baekhyunee are you okay??” you ask, knocking lightly.
But he doesn’t respond. You slowly open the closet to find him sleeping peacefully.
“He is sleeping” you tell Mrs. Byun.
“Will he wake up as normal?” she asks you curiously.
“I don’t know, it depends. Tell Wonsuk that Baekhyun isn’t feeling well today and postpone it to tomorrow”
~~~~~

“Baekhyun is unwell. Postpone the meeting to tomorrow” Mrs. Byun says.
“Heh” Wonsuk smiles mockingly.
“Aunt, I guess he should give up on the company. I didn’t miss a single meeting even when my father was murdered and here’s your son taking this big project lightly” he says in a rude tone.

“You seem to have dropped your politeness so easily?” Mrs. Byun says with a pity smile.
“Well I am more polite than your son at least. If he keeps acting like this, I will call the board to reconsider his position” he says standing up.
Mrs. Byun frowns.
“I am leaving, tell Baekhyun to attend the meeting tomorrow at any cost or we will lose this project” he says while giving a chilled look towards upstairs.
~~~~~

You guys secretly left the house and moved in to Baekhyun’s previous apartment.
Mrs. Byun said that she will tell you the other half of the story after things settle down. Before leaving, when you went to Baekhyun’s room to take his stuff, you found candies that Bacon bought.
‘Did he know that Baby Baek will come out?’
He is still sleeping. You called Jongsuk and told him everything. He told to give him some medicines and said that he will come back two days later.
~~~~~

It’s night time, Baekhyun is still sound asleep. He was having nightmares in between.
You felt miserable. All this time he held this trauma in his mind. It must be scary, it wasn’t intentional as Mrs. Byun’s definition.
You thought Hyemi was the reason of his suffering but she was just the spark which light up a boom to his secret.
‘How did each of his personality hide this secret!! It was hard, wasn’t it Baekhyun? You can lean on me’ you thought and rest your head on his chest.
You can listen to his heartbeat. You love to hear this. It’s sad you can’t hug him whenever you want. Because he isn’t yours.

“Hyemi do you …wanna …know who killed…. my father? …why are you... asking Wonsuk ?…” he mutters in his sleep.
Hearing him call Hyemi's name made you feel down.
‘So you still love her. But why am I not close to you Baekhyun? If Bacon can love me, then why can’t you? If only you loved me… then loving Bacon would’ve been much easier. Without any hesitation, without any guilt… But I am being selfish… I only  want you to love me so that I can love Bacon. Sometimes I wished Bacon was a real part of you…’
You got lost in your thoughts.
~~~~~
6 AM.
You wake up to some sort of noise. You remember falling alseep beside Baekhyun but he isn’t here.
You immediately get out of the bed and follow the noise, it’s coming from the kitchen.
You find Baekhyun cooking.
“You finally woke up? Today you have an important meeting, you need to attend…”
“What meeting?” he asks not looking at you.
“That future car project”
“That’s Baekhyun’s job not mine” he says.
“Bacon?”
You remember Mrs. Byun told you that this meeting is very important and Baekhyun has to attend it anyhow. But Bacon appeared instead.
“Why are you still here?” he asks out of the blue.
“What do you mean?” you ask in confusion.
“Don’t you know that I killed my father?”
“…….. I…” you try to speak but don’t know what to say.
He slowly turns down the stove and comes to you.
“Why do you think I won’t make any harm to you?”
“Bacon…”
“What makes you think that I won’t harm you? Remember how I almost killed Hyemi? Do you know why I wanted to kill her? What I wanted to know from her?”
A shiver runs down your spine.
“She has the DNA test results and I need that”
You look at him, you can see how cold his expression is right now.
“Bacon, what are you talking about?” you ask acting clueless. But you were really surprised to know that Hyemi knows about his real father.
“Now you are one of them? Acting as if you don’t know anything”
“Bacon… I…”
“Do you know no one here knows what actually happened. They all know only a half part of the truth, even that Baekhyun”
“Then tell me… the truth... completely” you say.
“Why would I tell you?” he asks as he goes back near the stove and check the rice soup.
“Because I…”
“You love me and I should trust you? My mom also loves me, Hyemi also loves me” he says while serving the rice soup.
“Because I want to heal you”
“But if you love me then why do you want me to disappear?” Baekhyun continues.
“Would you love Baekhyun after I disappear?” he asks, leaving you speechless.
“ ……..Get ready …we need to go to the office soon” you say ignoring his question.
He looks at you. He is feeling angry, so angry that he can twitch someone’s neck.
You turn back to go back your room. But Baekhyun takes fast steps and pulls you back by your wrist.
“Answer me” he says gritting his teeth.
“Baekhyun leave my hand … you are hurting me” you say, trying to break free from his grip.
“I am getting hurt most here. I have faced the brutal truth, I have faced the most pain, then why must I be the to be gone?” he questions you, pulling you closer.
“ TELL ME” he yells.
You look at him.
“Can you see my face?” you ask.
He suddenly leaves your hand.
‘He can’t see my face...’ you thought.
“How!!!...” he murmurs.
‘Every time he gets violent, he can’t see the face’
You go closer to him and wrap your arms around his waist pulling him into a hug.
“I know you’ve gone through a lot. You’ve been wounded a lot. That’s why you need to heal, my love… my obsession” you pat his back.
He isn’t hugging you back. He is standing still. You breaks the hug and look at him.
“Be mine, I will be ready to heal” he says as he holds up your chin.
You see him leaning in for a kiss. You can feel your heart beat going faster. The way he said that, it was inwardly seething.
‘I am ready to be yours’ you thought before kissing him.
You wrap your hands around his neck as your lips move against his. He seems more desperate than ever. While kissing he slowly moves towards the couch. He throws you to the couch and hovers on you, your lips still locked.
You break the kiss to take a breath but you see how he leans in for your lips again and again, like a baby trying to reach for his favorite food on the spoon.
“We need to go to the office”
“I told you I don’t want to go” he tries to reach for your lips again but you place your finger on his lips.
“Nooo… after.. coming home from the office… we will continue”