9

"Obsession?" you murmur.

Jongsuk proceeds to say something but gets interrupted by someone entering the room.

"Why does the air feel so dark and heavy in here?" Hyewon asks looking at both of your faces.

You can't answer her as it is actually about a patient. Besides she has come to Jongsuk's room, not yours. Your room is just a block after this room. She may have come to meet Jongsuk.

"I'll get going now. You both can talk" you say.

"Yah stay, I've come to see you both"

"But we can't talk right now. Sorry Hyewon, you have to wait outside for now. Also, you should knock before coming in" Jongsuk says in a strict tone, leaving her dumbfounded.

"Ohh... Okay..." she says and leaves.

"So I was telling you that..."

"Sir, why do you exactly want me to leave this case? Are you hiding something from me?"

Jongsuk glimpses, he turns his face away from you.

"I am applying for a leave for two days, please grant it. And I'll leave this case as you want me to but I think Baekhyun... Doesn't matter which Baekhyun ...but he'll come to me ...again" you say and leave his room.

You've never been this bold. There's something Jongsuk is hiding for sure. That's why he is so desperate to make you give up on this case. But you are stubborn too. You didn't become a doctor to give up on a patient so easily. You are the youngest doctor here and you have challenged yourself to recover Baekhyun officially or unofficially.

But at first you have to dig up his past properly. So many information are lacking.

When you get out of Jongsuk's room, you can't find Hyewon around there.

'Where did she go?'

You try calling her but she doesn't pick up. You shrug it off thinking she might have left because of some work.

~~~~~

Today you're searching about Baekhyun's accident on the internet. Surprisingly the news is completely different from his medical history.

They are saying that it's just a minor accident. But Baekhyun was in coma for several days after that accident.

Maybe it's something related to his family reputation. Baekhyun is handling his father's company. It's one of the biggest company in South Korea.

You find another old article related to that company.

You read the title. "Byun Family's First Son Has Been Murdered"

'Baekhyun's father? The murder happened when Baekhyun was about five or six, so his childhood trauma might have come from there'

You note down every point you can find about his family and company. Then study four cases about split personalities. Write down every details of Baekhyun but when it was about to write down about real Baekhyun you got to know that you don't know anything about him, except for his smile. Your heart weirdly twitches thinking about that.

'It shouldn't feel like this'

You don't know how two days already passed. You looked like a zombie but still you have to go to hospital and do your duties.

~~~~~

You are passing through the corridor, feeling really exhausted. Suddenly someone pops up in front of you.

A smile appears on you face instantly.

"What does my lovely Baekhyunnie want?" you say pulling his cheek.

"Umm... I..."

You are so used to be around Baby Baekhyun that your subconscious mind thought that it's baby Baekhyun. But you realise that he is actually real Baekhyun hearing the voice. It wasn't violent Baekhyun for sure because his aura is different.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I thought..." you say, moving away from him.

"It's okay, you must be attached with my other self, Heechul told me everything"

The moment he said the word 'everything' your heart explodes.

'Did Heechul tell him about the kiss too?'

You press your lips in a thin line.

You look at him. "Ev... Everything?"

"Yeah he told me thay I was like your child"

"AHHHH child... yeah.. Child"

You both laugh awkwardly.

"Did your other self show up?" you ask.

"No but I have come to see you"

"Huh, me?" you ask, pointing at yourself.

"Did Hyemi call you?"

Hearing that you feel like someone threw a hard ass stone on your face.

'So he has come here only to ask me that, not to actually meet me. Yeah, of course, she's the girl he loves'

"No, I'll call you immediately if she contacts me. Now please excuse me" you say and start to walk past him.

Just as you take a step, you see Jongsuk coming towards you. He suddenly grabs your wrist and almost drags you with him, completely ignoring Baekhyun's existence.

You don't know what happened all of a sudden.

"Doctor Y/N, where is your sister?"

'Seriously all these Romeos are after me to ask for their Juliets? What do they take me for? An information box!!!' you get pissed off.

"She went for a vacation"

"But she didn't tell me that?" Jongsuk says in a confused and sad expression.

"I'm going now....." you say and start walking but slip and fall into his chest.

"Careful" Jongsuk says, helping you to stand straight.

Two nurses pass by you guys and giggle together.

'Damn not again' you say, rolling your eyes.

~~~~~

Your duty is over, it's 2 pm. You call Heechul to meet you. You need to know about Baekhyun more. You tell him that it's just a casual hang out and he agrees to meet you tomorrow.

You go back home and take shower. Wearing your clothes, you wrap a towel around your hair as you don't feel like blow drying your hair now.

Then you go to the living room to kill time by watching TV. But an unexpected guest was waiting for you while sitting on your couch in a very informal way.

"BAEKHYUN!!"

"Having fun after ruining everything?" Baekhyun asks.

The unusual aura around him tells you it's him again.

"How did you get into my apartment?"

Baekhyun laughs sarcastically. "The door password was too obvious. Your birth date, that is coming two days, lets celebrate together" he says and smiles at you.

You were shocked for a moment but get a hold on yourself quickly. He might have seen your id card.

"What are you here for?" you ask him.

But in your mind you think it's a great opportunity to ask him questions because he is the only one who remembers all of Baekhyun's memories.

But he seems to get annoyed by your last question.

"I don't know. I've come to have some fun with you"

You are speechless. You don't want to be a part of any kind of act.

"I refuse"

"Do you think I was asking for your permission?" he says, standing up and looking around the room.

'Damn this arrogant dude is pissing me off. Moreover, these days I easily get angry. It's all his fault'

"You live alone here? Anyone can break into your apartment. ....ughh.."

Suddenly Baekhyun whimpers in pain.

You run to him. He is trembling in pain. You help him get up and sit on the couch. Then lay his head on your thighs.

"Baekhyun, take slow and deep breaths okay?"

"Shut up" Baekhyun says in a low tone.

"Can you listen to me for once!!!"

He looks at you surprised and starts to take deep breaths.

"I'm dizzy"

"I'll go get some medicine"

You were about to get up in a hurry.

"Stay like this" Baekhyun says, refraining you from moving. He hides his eyes with his forearm and keeps taking deep breaths.

~~~~~

After about 20 to 25 minutes, he removes his hand away from his eyes. The two of you are still in that position.

"Are you feeling better?" you ask in concern.

He just nods with sad eyes.

"Do you often feel this kind of pain?"

"Yeah, when I get my senses back, I feel it often" he says. But when you look into his eyes, you felt it's full of sorrow.

So Baekhyun feels this pain when his violent self is in sense.

"I will fix your pain"

Baekhyun laughs ignorantly. You don't know why but your heart aches seeing him like this.

Suddenly he raises his hand and unwraps the towel on your hair, causing your hair to fall freely, the scent of your shampoo is slowly spreading in the air.

Baekhyun takes a small strand of your hair and inhales the sweet scent. The room is now filled with an awkward but playful silence. You can't keep eye contact with him anymore.

"Do you want to know why I am here?"

"W..why?" you ask, avoiding eye contact.

"Look at me if you want me to tell you"

You sigh and look at him. "Why?"

"Are you together with that doctor?"

A frown appears on your face. "What? Why'd you even think that??"

"Even if you are together with him, don't be. It makes me angry" he says as he gets up and sits beside you.

Hearing his answer your eyes got twice as much bigger. You don't know what to say. Before your brain can process the situation he continues.

"I am the one who should hug you" he says before pulling you closer and wrap his hands around you in a tight embrace.