Make a Wish Milo

6 Days until party
"Hey Camryn ! Is Milo home?" My phone fell out of my hands when I heard her voice. Honestly needed to stop dropping things when she comes up. It was Sunday morning and I was eating cereal in just some sweat pants. Before I could run to my room to grab a shirt I was face to face with Auden.

"Hey cutie what's up?" The blush crept to my cheeks faster than I could try to stop it. "Haha nothing you know just hanging.." I awkwardly gestured and my voice cracked. Someone, anyone, kill me.
"Stop being weird, anyways I was wondering if you would like to come to my last show tonight?"

"I thought the tour was over?"
"Technically it is.. but I had a gig and now a announcement..." I was about to open my mouth but she beat me to it." .. and nope you have to wait just like everyone else to find out."

"Hmmm how many tickets do I get?"
"How many do you want?"

"Hey mom? Wanna go to Auden's show tonight?" I hopped up so I was kneeling on the couch and hung over it, yelling into the kitchen.
"Would love too!"
"Alright well that's two tickets.. if there's two extra—"
"Owen and Ana?"
"I love you."
"You freaking better." She pretended to tackle me but as soon as her hands pushed down on my shoulders , I flipped her over into my lap.
"Dancer muscles."
"Yeah you should have them." I pulled her ankle which caused her to fall back onto the couch.

My mom walked into the living room, not even batting a eyelash that I was shirtless and on top of Auden.

"And some things never change."

"Well she use to be able to kick my ass so I guess they do." Auden's hand found its way to push off my chest sending me tumbling to the ground.

"Ow!"
"Just because your a foot taller and have a six pack does not mean shit."

"Yes kick his ego down a notch." My mom called from over her shoulder as she left to go upstairs.

"Mom! I'm taking it back you are no longer my plus one to the concert!"

Auden was on stage running around belting out lyrics. I always wanted to be a musician, but then Auden showed me dance and I started to get more into acting because of my mom. Now I just wanted to do it all.
"Alright now.. you've all probably have seen some of my Twitter posts and were wondering why tonight's show was so important." Auden took the mic and attached it to the stand.

"So tonight is actually my last show.." The crowd erupted behind me, my ears started ringing as if a bomb had gone off.

What was happening?

" I know it might be very surprising but I'm ready to come home.. this is my hometown and in the last 6 years I've only spent a couple weeks here and there in my own home." She paused waiting for the crowd to die down. There was a couple tears rolling down her right cheek. Why was she doing this? My mom, Ana and Owen were rubbing my arm, or my back, telling me it was okay. I didn't realize my own eyes were wet. Seeing my best friend breaking on stage ... it hurt like hell.. why didn't she talk to me?

"I miss being with my friends, family.. this is the hardest decision I've had to make but I want to focus more on the people I love. I am so grateful for each and everyone of you. This isn't the end though! This is my life and I love what I do. I'm going to put a bigger focus on acting and staying local.. I want to give back to a community that gave me so much." The crowd started singing, it was the lyrics to one of my favorite songs of hers.

...Oh, tell me you love me
I need someone
On days like this, I do
On days like this.....

"God you guys are really going to make me cry.." Her hand covered her mouth, she was in awe of the crowd. I just wanted to hold her, tell her it's okay, that I was proud of her.

"Okay enough of this! Let's make this night, a night to remember. So can you all help me wish my best friend a happy birthday?"

"His birthday may not be for another couple of days but I've never been able to have him in the crowd for a Birthday song so Milo? Can we get him up here?" Security came and escorted the way, this time I tried to fight the tears.

"No you can't cry!" I took the mic out of her hands. "Well my best friend just told me this was her last concert for who knows how long! And she wants a crowd to sing me happy birthday? Im going to be emotional." Auden laughed and pulled me in for a hug before reaching up to wipe a couple of tears.

"For those of you who don't know and live under a rock.. this is Milo Manheim. He's not just the incredibly talented star of Disney's Zombies but he is also my very best friend. This Saturday he will be 18 years old... so I want to hear every single one of you to sing happy birthday, do you hear me?" I couldn't believe how loud the crowd roared in response.
"Alright 1..2..3, Happy Birthday to you." Her voice was gentle as she looked up at me and sang. I saw someone walk towards me with a cake while the crowd screamed the lyrics to happy birthday. Thousands of people were in this stadium singing to me, because of Auden.

"Make a wish Milo." Her voice was in my ear, bringing me out of the trance I was in. I could feel her lips curve into a smile. Closing my eyes I blew out the candles.

No matter what I feel, no matter what happens.. I never want to lose Auden Rose as my best friend.

And that was my 18th birthday wish..

.....................................................................................

Hello! I hope you all are liking the story so far.

I know the song lyrics I used is a Demi Lovato song, but for the sake of fiction and the story, I hope we can pretend.

Let me know what you think :)

- A.E.