Broken

"Hey Audie?" No answer, weird. I carefully shut the door and walked into her living room. Auden wasn't answering mine or my moms messages. When I called Demi she said she thought I should go check on her.

"Audieeee?" Usually I never use my spare key unless it was a emergency, her car was here, her phone location said she was here but no answer?

Yes this was a emergency. I felt the panic start spreading through my body. I started climbing the steps two at a time.

"Auden? Auden!" Why aren't you answering? My feet hit the second floor with a thud and before I knew it I was busting into her room. Suddenly I heard the music blasting, from her shower... then I heard the water.

God damn it.. she always did this. Blasting her music in the shower, can't hear a damn thing.
I walked closer to her bathroom, I was just going to try and let her know I was here without scaring her too bad.

Before my knuckles hit the door I stopped myself. I thought I heard her.. was she crying? It was loud enough to be heard through all the noise.

"Audie?" Her sobs stopped, right after I knocked.
"It's just me.. baby are you okay?" She didn't answer or at least I don't think she did. "Auden? Okay fine..  I'm coming in." I held my hand over my eyes as I used the other one to reach out and feel out where I was going.

"Your an idiot.." I felt shivers run down my spine, her voice was hoarse.. broken.
"Is that anyway to talk to your best friend?" Letting my hand drop, I took a deep breath and turned towards her walk in shower. She was sitting in a T-shirt letting the water soak her.

Felt like we've been here before...

"Audie what happened?"
"Nothing Mi.. just go home, this is already embarrassing enough."

"Audie don't you know me at all?" I fumbled with the belt on my jeans as I kicked off my converse. Once I got down to my t shirt and boxers Auden stopped me.
"Don't you dare take off your shirt."

"Scared?" I walked into the shower, fake confidence was the only thing getting me through this.
"Milooo stop it! I'm serious." Ignoring her protests, I just sat next to her and pulled her towards me. Didn't even blink when her hands came up to push me away.

"Your .. so stupid." She was breathless after her attempts of pushing me away didn't pan out. I pulled her closer to me, her head hung over my shoulder while she straddled me. The sobbing started as soon as I started stroking her hair. I reached up with my free hand and shut the water off, we were both soaked anyways.

"Audie why didn't you call me... your always suppose to call someone when this happens."

"I called Demi."

"Let me rephrase that.. your always suppose to call me... come on baby tell me what happened."

"Don't call me that.."

"You've always let me call you that, Auden your scaring me what's wrong.. fucking look at me." Her eyes shot up to mine, I held her jaw firmly.

"I tried calling my mom...and I .. I'm so..."She just kept choking on sobs that were trying to escape, my hand loosened on her jaw, her arms wrapped around my neck. Her whole body shook as she lost it into my chest.

Auden.. she's always been a little broken but she was mine to fix. At least that's what I always thought.

We've been here before, before it was her dad.. her mom told her he left the day she was born. Said he was going to grab something from cafe and he just never came back.
Kind of fucked with Auden's head for a bit..