Pick Up The Pieces

2 Days Later
15 Days until Graduation ...
4 months until College..

Right after school I hopped in my car, it was confirmed that Auden was at the airport this morning. Her find my friends location said she's home.

She hasn't been answering her phone still.. it was driving me crazy. Also Alexis kind of dropped me, after we hooked up.. we did it again. However I couldn't stop thinking of Auden and I think Alexis caught on to that. She told me she thought we would be better as friends since it didn't seem like I was emotionally available...

I rang the doorbell repeatedly, no answer. Okay this was starting to piss me off..

"Auden I know your home! Let me in!" I yelled at the security camera by the front door before pounding hard on the door.

"Okay fine if you want to act like a child! Go ahead.." After digging in my pocket, I pulled out my keys and shook them in front of the camera. "I'm coming in.."

I flung the door open, stepping into her house before slamming it behind me.

"Milo this isn't a good time—"
"What the fuck us going on!?" Now I was livid, Trevor was standing in the entry way, why the hell was he here?

"You know what Trevor, just save it. This is between Auden and I... I don't know what game your playing Auden, but I'm done! So you better fucking come down here or I'm coming upstairs.." My voice bounced off the walls in her house. Trevor and I continued to have a stare down as I waited for any indication that Auden was coming downstairs.

"Looks like I'm going up then.." Trevor blocked me, I shoved him out of the way.
"Stay out of my way Trev.. I'm serious, now isn't the time to fuck with me." Trevor looked between myself and the stairs. "Auden.. I'm sorry!" He yelled out, moving out of the way. "Just.. take it easy on her. She isn't ok right now.." Trevor said quietly as I took a step. I ran up the steps, this was insane. Seriously what the hell was going on?

She was in her room, sitting against the huge window overlooking her backyard. She heard me come in, but didn't bother turning around. I locked her bedroom door, Trevor wasn't going to interrupt us.

"Audie.. what is going on?" She finally faced me, she didn't look sick. Slowly I kept walking over to her, before I finally was towering over her. Auden didn't look like she had the flu but you could tell she wasn't okay.
"Milo I don't want you here.."
"What why?" I tried to reach for her but she flinched back. That hurt..I dropped to my knees in front of her. "Audie what's wrong.. please tell me what's going on?"

" I can't tell if this is all an act.. or maybe you really just don't realize."
"What's an act? Auden seriously just tell me what's wrong? Your scaring me so much.. please just tell me what's going on." I was breaking, a couple tears spilled over and rolling down my cheek. We said we wouldn't keep doing this and I don't know how much more I could take.

"Were you using me?"
"Excuse me?"
"Did you use me .. you kept saying you loved me but it just feels like you used me."
"Used you how? Baby you aren't making any sense and you know I love you. Your my best friend and so far no matter how hard I've tried I haven't fallen out of love with you.."
"You were using Alexis to get over me?"
"Yeah did you hear about that? She already friend zoned me.. apparently being in love with you is a turn off." She wouldn't look at me, anywhere but me in-fact."Aud? Why are you trying so hard to push me away?"

"...I... I had a full on mental breakdown while I was in Canada with Trevor.. I saw you with Alexis and all I could think about was how you lied. You used me to get her, you were with me in my bed just to end up in hers a few days later—"
"You thought that lowly of me?" A couple of tears ran down her face. "I just couldn't stop the thoughts but they weren't all wrong though. Something is wrong with me.. even my parents don't want me."

"Okay 1st shut up.. your parents suck, that has nothing to do with you. You have so many people that love you. Audie I told you your suppose to call me when you start spiraling I know how dark it gets in that messed up little head of yours.." I reached up and grabbed her hand, she didn't pull away.
"2nd I don't ever and I mean ever want to hear this again. I would never use you, sex is the least important thing when it comes to you. Auden I fucking love you and I'm still here no matter how many times you reject me, why? Because family comes first no matter what."

"I'm so sorry Milo." She sobbed hard, I let her fall into my arms. "You should be.. Auden you left me... You said you wanted to do what we did that night and then you left..you promised you would never leave me."

"I just don't know what to do anymore.. I'm falling apart.."
"When did this start happening? I thought you were doing really good?"
"Milo why do you think I stopped my music career? Stopped touring? I lost it on this last tour.. I couldn't get through one day without drinking. I had a break down every week. I just feel so empty and broken inside.."

"We are going to get you help.. I promise you no matter what I'm not leaving you. Auden you need to promise me though too, you can't keep shutting me out okay?" She nodded, nuzzling her head into my chest while I played with her hair.

"You just gotta let me in okay?"

"I will... Milo?" I looked down at her to see what she needed.
"Have you ever taken it off?" Auden's fingers held up my silver necklace.
"Never.. well besides when we shot zombies. My favorite person in the world gave this to me."

"I'm sorry I'm so.. messed up."
"It's okay like I said.. we are going to get you help. Come on, let's go see Mom."

Later that week..

"Alright.. so I got off the phone with the doctor who saw you in Canada. At the moment I don't think you should be living on your own. Not because your harmful to yourself but isolating yourself isn't healthy. Is there someone you can stay with? If not we have some amazing facilities that offer housing.." Theresa, one of my new therapists was explaining my options.

"I can probably just stay with Demi..."
"Well what kind of environment would be best for someone like Auden? I'm not sure if Demi is the best choice, she's not home a lot." Camryn chimed in, we were sitting together on the couch while Milo stood behind us. He would've been such a good brother if he ever had a sibling.

"Yes we are looking for somewhere Auden's comfortable, a relaxing environment. The facilities I was taking about have a couple roommates to each living area. We try to make it like family."

"Auden, what if you just stayed here? With us?"

"Like .. moved in?" I looked over at Milo out of the corner of my eye, he kept a blank face.
"I don't want to impose though Cammie, you literally have done so much for me."

"It's settled, your staying here.. it will be nice for all of us to be together before Milo leaves for college."
That's right.. Milo's leaving for college, I caught him glancing down at me.
"We gave a ton of time before I leave." He hugged me while Thersa talked to Camryn more about helping me. What was even wrong with me though? You know besides that I'm a just messed up..

............................................................................

Sorry guys I thought I would be while to update more today, but life happens.