Moving On

Trevor was making breakfast, I figured that I should probably get a hold of Milo. I was too chicken to call him.

I know your probably upset, you should be. I've been such a bitch of a friend lately. I hate hurting you over and over again. I've just been going through some things and I haven't been handling it that well..

Milo I'm so sorry for all of it.
I hope you can forgive me, I'll be home in a couple days. If you don't want to talk to me for a bit I understand. Just remember I love you and you are important. I'm just doing a really shitty job as a friend to show you that.

"Alright pancakes with chocolate chips, fruit and 4 sausage links.."
"Thanks Trev."
"Anything for my lovely fake girlfriend.."

"When did things get so twisted?"
"When we all tried so hard to push things away so we did things we regret.." Trevor poked around his fruit with a fork, while I cut up my pancakes.
"Can we go back?"
"Yes, yes we can Aud."

"So that game last night..." Trevor went into this whole rant. It was pretty funny, reminded me of Milo. I hope I didn't mess up too bad.

My phone chimed, I saw Auden's name pop up on the screen. My fingers hovered over the text, I was about to read it when I heard her voice.

"Hey Milo, sorry I was running late!" I shoved my phone in my pocket quickly as she sat down in the empty seat across from me.
"It's totally fine.. I'm just glad you came." My smile was small, nervous. When she laughed and showed off her flawless smile, it somehow made me feel better.

"I still can't believe you've never been here! You have to try the crepes." Her voice was soft, always upbeat.. it was something you could get lost in.

"I'll take your word for it, so what have you been up to?"

We talked for what seemed like hours, conversation always came easy with her. My mind managed to drift and think about Auden every now and then. I remember Mason asked me if I was only doing this to make Auden jealous. I wasn't, but part of me secretly wished she would get jealous after seeing photos of her and I at breakfast. That then maybe Auden would get on the next plane home.. or she would apologize, tell me she's ready to commit to someone but not anyone.. it would be me. That she was just too scared until now...

But this wasn't a romance movie or some romcom, this was life, our lives.
Mason thought it was weird for me to choose her.. he said it was practically Auden just with less sharp edges. She was always bubbly while Auden let you know how she felt. Her body was insane even Auden didn't touch food for a day after I showed Aud photos of her. I remember I told Auden that I didn't want her to change. I was more attracted to Aud anyways.. her curves were everything.

"Milo?" Fuck I really spaced out there, of course I tried comparing the hottest girls I knew and ended up still getting stuck on Auden.

"Sorry, sorry I've been kind of going through a lot."

"Yeah I saw all the headlines.. Sorry I couldn't make it to your birthday again. So Auden and Trevor? That's interesting.."

"Yup so happy for them." I'm pretty sure she saw my smile didn't reach my eyes. She didn't press any further about it though.

"Hey you know my place is pretty close to here.. wanna get out of here?"
"Um oh y-yeah let's go." We left a tip on the table, she grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers together as we walked.
Maybe this could work, I felt a grin spread across my face. I didn't even see the cameras take photos of us.

"Hey your phone keeps ringing..." Trevor shook me gently, apparently I had fallen asleep. Trevor played with my hair as I answered my phone.

"Auden I have some amazing news. You got call backs! Also Netflix is asking for a audition something about a new movie or tv show they want to have you audition for, they think you'd be perfect.

"No way! What are the other call backs for?" My agent Liz went on and on about setting up auditions, where some of the projects were set to film. They were all over the place Arizona, California, Toronto and ..
"Wait New York?"
"Yes, that's one of the Netflix projects. It's set to film for 5 months.. they start filming in August..."

"Wow okay can you send me the scripts and details... I'll let you know after I look through them." Trevor picked me up after I ended the call.
"Dude ! This is big, I wanna see the scripts!"

"Hey no way this ones for here?" He picked up of the prepared scripts for an audition. My agent put all the locations and filming schedules on the cover pages.

"Yeah I guess this one starts filming soon... "
"Well unless your hanging out with us on the zombies 2 set you should do it."
"What do you mean?"

"Don't you remember ? Milo and I start rehearsals soon. I'm flying back to Cali with you because we will be starting rehearsals for zombies 2.. and then Milo graduates and then we all head to Toronto to film." Crap it was already May.. Milo graduates in like 20 days.. we go to Cabo in 21 days..

Fuck

"Thank you again so much for today." She tucked her hair behind her ear, smiling as I went to give her a hug goodbye.
"No thank you.. today was really fun. I really needed it with all the stuff I have going on. Would you wanna do this again?"
"I would, text me. Bye Milo." She gave me a kiss on the cheek before I started walking backwards towards my car. "Bye Alexis!" I waved before spinning around I unlocked my car and got in.

"What the hell.." Trevor mumbled, our phones started going off while we were making dinner. Things had gone back to normal between us, just friends and we were cracking jokes back and forth.

"Um...  I didn't know Milo and Alexis Ren were that close?" I dropped the spoon into the pot of noodles.

"What are you talking about?"
"Look.." Trevor showed me the photos on his phone, one of the article headlines read "Auden and Trevor ? Move over, cutest couple now goes to Milo and Alexis". Milo was seen with Alexis at breakfast and then holding hands with her. He was also seen leaving her place an hour ago.

"Wait they just posted on Instagram.." I checked my phone Milo posted a photo of him and Alexis on the couch. Her head was in his lap, his fingers running through her hair. How is she so perfect? It was so annoying.. His caption, for some reason hit a nerve.
The snack that smiles back

The way he was looking at her..

What the fuck is going on?

.......................................................................

I'm still looking for a "Auden" ... I'm starting to really feel Madison Beer? She seems more like the look I was going for.
And obviously Alexis Ren is Alexis Ren..

Looking for a tall, brunette, brown eyes and not too skinny..

What do you guys think?

-AE
As always thank you for all the votes and please comment! Helps me when I'm thinking of what direction to go in ☺️