Next Steps

I was organizing my "room" at the Manheims. It felt too familiar as I stacked my books on the desk and put up some photos in there frames. This isn't the first time I've had to live with the Manheims. Camryn had my mom and I stay here the first year after I had gotten my first acting gig, back when mom was more like a mom.
It was kind of embarrassing how much I've always relied on Camryn and Milo. I promised them
I would stay up until Milo left for college... After that I wasn't sure what the next step was.

"Hey here's another box.. wow just like old times." Milo admired my fairy light decor obsession, lights intertwined with the picture frames, pictures of us through the years lined the dresser.

"Kind of... weird being back here in this way."
"Good weird or bad weird?" Milo was the only person to ever really get what I was saying.
"Good weird." He nodded with a small smile. "I'm going to go grab the last two boxes and then I can help you unpack if you want?"

"Thank you Mi."

"Wow.. so are you still going to go audition?" Milo and I were laying on my bed. Our heads were at opposite ends of the bed, he kept grabbing at my feet as we talked.
"I'm not sure.. Theresa said to focus on the things that made me the happiest and don't stress me out too much... touring was the most draining thing I've ever done. I always did like acting more.."

"I think as long as your up for it, maybe it could help take your mind off things."

"One of the shows films in New York ..starts in August." Milo sat up quickly, he yanked my legs hard pulling me closer to him.
"Really?"  I started laughing, he was like a kid that just got told he was getting a puppy.

"That would be so much fun for you to be there with me.. in New York."

"Yeah you aren't sick of me yet?"
"Never. Plus.. I've been kind of nervous."
"Why? Isn't Mason going to school in the city too?"
"Yeah but it's just I've kind of been in my own bubble here. I have my friends here and family but now people know who I am.. I just don't know how to tell if I can trust someone."

"I get that, I'm still going through that. It gets easier but until you really think you can trust someone don't let your guard down." Milos fingers traced shapes on my legs, I think this was the first time I had felt relaxed in a while. Maybe this was a good decision. "I have friends in New York though, I'll introduce you to them."

"Alright I'm heading over to Ana's.. are you sure your going to be okay? She said your always welcome to come over."

"No Milo go ahead, I've been stealing you away from your friends way too much lately. Go have fun!"

"Okay.. you'll call me if you need me right? Promise?"
"Yes I promise." Milo leaned down and kissed my forehead before heading out of my room.

I should go hang out with friends..

I texted Demi and Trevor, they were down. We decided to meet at Demi's. Trevor came and picked me up.

"Hey hows my girl?"
"Well it's only been a couple days of making changes.. but I've been okay... how's my house?"
"Good.. kind of weird staying there without you though."
"Yeah well if you want to stay somewhere else you can, I figured as long as your in LA though you can stay there and not have to pay for a hotel."

"Is it okay if one if some of the other people from Zombies come over?"
"Yeah I trust you haha you really saved me in Toronto.. so as long as you take care of my place and don't shoot like porn in there were good."

"Noted.. I don't think Disney would approve anyways..."

Once we got to Demi's we hung out for a big, Trevor suggested we take another look at some of the scripts I was sent.

"Come on let's run lines! It's fun plus it will help if you decide to audition." Trevor was such a theatre kid.

Demi was reading through scripts to see if they were "actually worth it".. while Trevor and I ran lines for one of the parts. "This is the script for the one in New York right? Yeah let's do this one."

It was for a Netflix show, the audition was for the role of Vanya Hargreeves the show was The Umbrella Academy. It was about a group of adopted children who are now in there early 20s trying to solve the mysterious death of there father, oh and they had super powers.

"Okay yeah I'm liking this script.." Trevor and I ran lines and Demi threw out insults every now and then in a terrible British accent... I couldn't tell if she was trying to impersonate Simon Cowell or maybe Gordon Ramsey.

"Oh hey I heard a rumor about Milo.. word on the street is he managed to hook up with Alexis." Trevor and I choked on our pizza.
"How the hell did he get her?" I cleared my throat and shot a look at Trevor.
"I mean.. Auden's obviously way hotter but still.. how did he manage to land that?"

"I know I'm kind of interested in how this kid is pulling in two of the hottest people I know.. is he like big? He's got to be huge right? That's it."

"Oh my god Demi!"
"Well I would call Alexis but your already here.."

"Your a dick."
"No the question was how big is his?"

"How big is what?" We all turned and looked at the door, Milo was standing in the entryway to the living room. He had texted me earlier saying once he was done at Ana's he'd come pick me up.

"Do you just break in anywhere?"
"I knocked three times .. no one answered and the door was unlocked. What if you were being held hostage right now and I didn't even bother checking up on you guys? Hmm? Yeah that's what I thought." Milo helped himself to a glass of water and a slice of pizza.
"Okay now what were you guys talking about?"

"Your dick and how it managed to find itself inside of Alexis.." This time we all choked on our water and food... Trevor and I should've seen that coming.

"How .. where did you hear that?"
"She told her friends all about it.. I'm friends with one of them. Don't worry she said you were good.. in case you wanted to know." Milo shot me a look. "Audennn you told her?"
"Not per say..anyways moving on!" I wasn't sure what to think right now. Milo had sex with Alexis?
Was I suppose to care?

"Yes moving on, so that's what we were discussing when you walked in, I was saying you have to be like huge if your able to get these girls." Milos face was beet red, Demi was very forward.. all the time.

"New subject please." Trevor mumbled, honestly forgot he was there for a minute.

"So.. what's the game plan for Zombies 2?"

"I'm sorry Demi is..."
"She's Demi, I guess I'm still not use to her.."
"So you and Alexis? I thought you said it wasn't working?"
"It wasn't.. I was upset about you. No one would tell me anything while you were in the hospital. She kept trying to cheer me up.. next thing I knew her hand was in my pants and we .. yeah."

"And you guys just stopped talking ?"
"We tried it once more.. She told me it was better if we were friends.." Milo was biting his lip, there was something he wasn't saying.
"Oh I'm sorry, did you think it was because of what your ex said?"

"....no.. no.. Um... okay like just don't make it weird. I might have accidentally said your name.. while we were... the second time I hooked up with her." Milos eyes quickly went back and forth between the road and I.