Man Up

3 days until Party

This had probably been the longest time Milo has ever gone without talking to me. It's been two days, he wouldn't answer my calls or texts. I stopped after a couple of attempts, I really didn't want to look that desperate.

He's never been mad at me like this, sure he'd been pissed odd if I had embarrassed him a little too much or if I cancelled plans.. but never went more than a couple of hours let alone days without talking to me.

My doorbell rang and I ran over, pulling it open without checking. I was face to face with Camyrn and the second she saw me she walked right past me into my house.

Instantly I heard water running and the beeping of my electric kettle being turned on. I went to my kitchen and found her already pulling tea bags out and placing them into cups.
"Cammie? Why are you here?" For Camyrn to drive over here it had to be Milo.

"Because I know something had to happen.. and Milo is refusing to talk to me. So what happened, what did he do?" My lips trembled and all I could manage to do was shake my head. She instantly had her arms around me in a hug.

"Honey what happened? What did Milo do?"
"Cammie he didn't do anything, this-this was my fault."

We found ourselves at the table, tea mugs in hands as I told her what happened.
"Oh dear, I guess I didn't realize how strong his feelings were."
"Feelings for what?"
"For you Auden, I always knew he was pretty head over heels with you but I always thought he would grow out of it? You know like every little boy develops some kind of crush on there babysitter type of deal.. I didn't think he would keep this up until he was 18."

"You think this is all because of his feelings for me? He's not actually made at me for Trevor?"
"No he's mad.. he's furious. But he's placing the blame on you when it's not your fault. It's not your fault you have feelings for Trevor and not Milo.."

"But I don't have feelings for Trevor, I was just drunk and I think he saw on my insta story what club I was at and tried to make a move.."

"What about Milo?"

"What about him?"

"Auden do you have any feelings for him? You can tell me I know I'm his mom but I just need to know."
"Camryn I have never tried to lead him on!"
"Auden that's not what I'm saying.. I'm just wondering if you maybe felt the same way about him?"

The question was replaying in my head over and over. No ones really ever asked me that, I mean I never even thought about it. Milo was always just Milo.. my best friend. The kid who's turning into a man now in a couple of days. The last few years he's become someone I've started to lean on more and more as he matures.
But I never even thought about him, like that. He was my special guy.. the idiotic teenager that always made me laugh. The biggest dork I have ever met and I loved that about him but.. was I in love with him?

"I don't think I've ever thought about it.. he's always just been Milo."

"Well it will be okay, maybe this is what he needed to get over this crush.. you guys will be back to normal in no time." Camryn grabbed my empty mug and placed it in the sink for me.

Would things go back to normal? What if this did make Milo move on.. would things ever be normal again? What if the only reason we've been so close is because he was in love with me?
Am I going to lose him?

2 days until party

"This?" My mom held out yet another shirt but Mason shook his head.
"Sorry Cammie that's a no.."