Making Moves

"Mom I'm not staying in the dorms with some roommate when I can stay with Auden in our own apartment .."

"Milo your advisor at NYU already said you can have your own dorm room because of your status you are entitled to more privacy.. It has a kitchen but you'll also be enrolled in the meal plan... I don't really trust that you'll cook all your meals.."

"But it would be more productive if I lived with Auden—"

"Milo I'm with your mom on this.." Auden interrupted Milo as he was arguing with his mom. He looked over at Auden, shock and a bit of anger evident on his face.

"Glad you two are on the same side.." Milo walked away, he grabbed his keys off the key hook by the door before slamming it on his way out.

"He'll get over it.. I'm saying I don't want you guys living together—-"

"Cammie I know, you don't have to explain it to me. I mean we basically live together already.. but we just started dating..it's a big step....he's supposed to focus on school and I'll have work.."

"Honey, are you okay?"
"Me ? Yeah.. of course.." Camryn gave Auden a look and she crumbled.

"It's a lot.. Milo, moving to New York, the new show.." Camryn gave her a hug as Auden took a deep breath.

"Oh sweetie it's going to be okay. The last thing you need to worry about is Milo okay? He has to figure out his stuff on his own. You focus on what makes you happy as you move on to this exciting chapter. Relationships are about love, support and respect. You two will figure it out."

It was late when Milo was making his way back into the house. The light switched on scaring the shit out of him, he almost dropped what was in his hands.

"Well at least I taught you something.." Camryn said as she saw flowers in Milos hands.
"I'm sorry mom I just... I shouldn't of been so rude or made such a dramatic exit.. it's just I've been waiting for this for so long."

"Sweetie you know you can't rush this. These kind of things take time and you can't enjoy them if your just trying to hurry to the next step."

"Thank you mom, I'm going to go talk to Auden." He gave his mom a kiss on the cheek before heading to her room.
He flipped the lights on but saw that her bed was empty. His first instinct was to panic but then he remembered his mom would've said something if she left.
Milo walked down the hall to his bedroom slowly as he pushed open the door he saw Auden curled up on his bed. He couldn't help but smile seeing his girl like that.
He felt his stomach drop slightly when he realized this was what he wanted to come home to after class at NYU.. he would just have to wait until they both were ready for that step.

"Hey baby girl." Milo whispered causing Auden to stir. "I'm sorry for being over dramatic.." Auden saw the flowers, smiling  up at Milo before giving him a hug.
"I just didn't want to hurt your feelings but I also didn't want to ruin this.."

"Baby you could never ruin this, I told you we are end game."

2 weeks later

August 1st 2019

Auden was listening to a real estate agent go on and on about vaulted ceilings, garbage disposals and energy efficient appliances. She really couldn't be bothered she had so much on her mind these days. Shit got real, her and Milo weren't in the cozy apartments in Toronto anymore .. she was trying to figure out what she wanted here in New York.
Milo had 4 maybe 5 years of college, she had one Netflix show that was only taking 6 months of that time. Was she suppose to sell her house in LA?
Would she only look for work in New York? Did Milo want to move here permanently?
We're they even going to make it until Christmas?

"Audie?" Milo's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She didn't realize everyone was waiting on an answer.

"Um one minute.. I just need to check something." Auden said as she went back to the master bedroom, letting herself out onto the balcony. She was barely out there for a minute by herself before she felt two large familiar hands grasp her waist. The feeling of his soft lips at her ear causing a shiver to run down her back.
"Just me baby... what's going on in that little head of yours? Care to enlighten me?" She turned around in his arms so they were face to face.

"What do you think? Which one was your favorite?"
"Baby it's not about me, this is going to be your place.. you need to like it."

"It's just.. I can't focus.. on any of this right now. I need a place though like now."

"Well in that case.. yes this has been the best one we've seen today. Plus it has a fire place.."
"Your cute we can cuddle up and drink hot coco.." His hand caressed her bottom as he chuckled.
"I think we switched places.. because all I was thinking about was how I wanted to lay you down in front of it and take you right there..so very slowly.." She closed her eyes as Milo whispered seductively in her ear. She gave him a sweet kiss right in time for the real estate agent to walk up behind them with Camryn.

"I'll take it."