Chapter 11: Childhood friend

^I can't wait for them to be in their 20s idk why😂

–——

"-lo?"
"-ello??"
"Heloooo???" Someone waves a hand in front of my face, bringing me back to reality.

I look up and see a boy about my age. I'm guessing he's human because I don't see anything out of the ordinary on his body like, spikes coming out of his arms or animal ears on his head. Then again, there's a high chance he's not human either.

I mean, he's got brown eyes, dark brown hair and every characteristics a human would have but he's got something more that makes me question my entire existence. His cuteness level is way above average and it could kill me if I'm not careful.

There's no way a human can be this cute. Especially if he's my age mate.

"Hey, are you okay...?" He looks at me with worry in his eyes, interrupting my analysis of him.

"Hm? Oh, yeah I am, uh, n-no worries." I stutter. "I was just in deep thoughts, haha." I force a laugh but it sounds more like peppa pig getting strangled.

"Deep thoughts about what?" He straightens up, which makes me realize how tall he is, and puts his hands in his hoodie.

Omg cute cute cute cuteeee!

"The past." I sigh and look back down.

"Ooooh." He sits on the swing next to me. "That may be the best thing to remember but it's definitely not the best thing to think about." He stretches himself, making me internally uwu again.

He then turns towards me and stares at me with an intense (cute) gaze.

I stare back to show him he can't intimidate me with his cuteness even though I'm pretty sure that's not what he's trying to do, but that's what I'm trying to fight so...

The fuck is wrong with me...?

Once I feel like I'm about to lose the battle, I ask,"Um...Is there something on my face...?"

"Y/n you really don't recognize me?" He pouts.

Wait- what?

I frown. "Erm...Recognize you...from where?"

He playfully rolls his eyes. "It's me! Huening Kai!"

Huening Kai, Huening Kai, Huening Kai...Oh!

"Wait-" I stand up and point a finger at him in shock. "You're telling me you're my old neighbor's kid?! The one who used to come over and play when your parents were working till late?"

He nods with an amused expression.

"You're the kid who moved away without telling me when we were 8 or 9!" I say in an accusing tone. He nods again and looks away as he passes his hand through his hair, making me internally scream.

"The kid who peed on-"

"Yes, yes, yes, that's me." Kai says before I could finish my sentence. "Honestly, can't you at least wait a bit before exposing me?" He glares at me.

"Oh my god! Kai!!!" I run to him and almost jump on him, making him lose his balance on the swing.

"Woops-" He says as we fall off the swing. Luckily enough, I react quickly and activate my shoes to make me levitate just above Kai, who is on the floor because I stopped holding him.