Pizza x Hot Dog

Requested by 

(they humans)

Hot Dog was walking around, mainly to see who was up this late at night. He had woken up randomly, wanting something to eat, but he couldn't really cook anything, despite the fact that he can knit a fully working oven. He walked out of his house, looking for food, but it was hard to ignore how cold he felt. The snow had just fallen down that morning. As he was walking and crunching against the fairly current fluffy snow, he got a text from Pizza, his best friend.

This was weird, especially since it was like midnight. Nonetheless, he stopped to look at his friend's text. The text stated 'Hey I know it's late but I'm hungry lol, wanna come over?' He responded with a quick yes as his heartbeat went up, and that's not only because he was now running over to his friend's house.

It seemed like hours until he was finally at his doorstep, however, in reality, it was only about 10 minutes. Pizza waved as the other blushed slightly. His friend was wearing nothing but an oversized(down to his knees) orange pullover sweatshirt. It's not like he was wearing anything fancy, just maroon-colored pajamas and a nightcap.

"Come in!" Pizza said.

He walked in. "R-Right...nice place you got here." He looked around as he was genuinely impressed. It wasn't actually anything special about the house itself it's that it was Pizza's house.

"Oh, you really think so?" He asked, kinda shyly.

He nodded. "Oh right! I forgot why I asked you over here in the first place." Pizza snapped to realization, walking towards and motioning Hot Dog to do the same. "I'm hungry."

Hot Dog followed close behind him. "So what exactly are we making?"

"I was just thinking a carrot cake, why do you ask?"

"A carrot cake-at midnight!?"

"Well yea, do you want to help me with it or not?"

He nodded. "Ok...first things first..." Pizza said while looking through a cookbook. "It says we need flowers-no flour- egg, sugar, carrot, almond, and baking soda." He got all the ingredients for him.

He thought of a funny prank to play on his best friend. "Hey Pizza"

Pizza looked up at him "Yes?"

"Heads up!" He said as he poured some sugar on his head.

His friend was first silent but then started barrelling in laughter. "Y-You sure gave m-me a lot of sugar, sugar!"

He fell silent. His best friend, well and crush just called him sugar. Naturally, as you do in fanfictions because of course, his face grew noticeably red.

"Maybe you should go home..." Pizza said.

"What? Why?"

"It seems you have managed the impossible, getting a fever in winter. Unless you got drunk or something."

"What!? I'm not either of those!"

"Do you have pepperoni on your face then?"

Hot dog burst out laughing from how stupid of a question that was. Foruntantly, that caused his blush to go away(Idk either just roll with it lol).

"Let's get back to cooking, you big goof." Pizza said while nudging him. He got out a bowel, put it on the counter, and started to mix it up. His best friend just kinda stood there, which is not surprising, since he can't even grip a simple box, so he can see why he wouldn't allow him to mix it up or anything.

After a few minutes, Pizza has successfully mixed up the ingredients well together. "How long and at what temperature?" He asked.

Hot Dog looked at the cookbook. "350 degrees Fahrenheit for...30 minutes."(Note: I don't know if this is true)

He put it in the temperature and the timer. He realized, what the hell are we going to do for 30 minutes? Hot Dog put down the cookbook and asked "You ok? You look like you're trying to decide something.

"Eh? Oh, nothing important. Just what to do for 30 minutes. Maybe...watch some anime, if you don't mind?"

Now his best friend didn't particularly like anime all too much, but how could he say no to that cute little face that sparkles half the time? The answer is that he couldn't. "Sure, which one?"

"Umaru-chan?"

"Never heard of it, but let's watch it."

"Yay!" He said while dragging Hot Dog to his couch. He put on Hulu and started to watch the first episode with him. He thought it as admittingly pretty weird but if his crush liked it, then what the hell?

Not even halfway through the episode, Pizza yawned and fell asleep, leaning on Hot Dog's shoulder. He tried to focus on the screen but that was pretty hard to do, as you could imagine. However, he didn't want to move him so he just kinda...sat there.

He was honestly too afraid to do...anything really. The oven started ticking down and it was then and only then when Pizza finally woke up.

"Oh uh..." He got off awkwardly, blushing lightly. Hot Dog followed right behind him into the kitchen where the carrot cake was finally done, he put on some oven mitts and pulled it out.

"Nice on not dropping it!"

"Thanks...I guess." He high-fived him. After a few minutes, the carrot cake had cooled down and they cut it in half.

"So why'd you call me over here again?" Hot Dog asked, nibbling on his half at the kitchen table while Pizza was sat across from him.

"Because I was hungry and I thought you would want something to eat too," He said, looking down. The other raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"Ok...that may not be the only reason..."

"Then what are the other reasons?"

"Uhh.." He trailed off, looking down awkwardly. "Promise you won't hate me...?"

"Promise. I could never hate you. Cross my heart, put a needle in my eye."

He took a deep breath before saying anything more. "We've been best friends for a long, long, long time, even before Brawl of the Objects, right?" He nodded in response. "Look I like being friends and all...but recently I've been having growing feelings towards you...like as a boyfriend maybe?" Pizza said, cringing slightly, scared of what he might say.

Hot Dog walked around to the other side of the table and hugged him tightly. "I love you too."

Pizza's face grew red and he hugged him back. They soon realized how late it was, but by how tired they were, they both just flopped onto the couch. They snuggled each other until they fell asleep.

The end

Word count: 1087 words