Liymote

Requested by Salt-on-top-on-salt

(they humans)

Liy was going to a party for the eliminated people. It was kinda weird going since she didn't really interact with people that much. But she wanted to push herself to do something since she's usually cooped up trying to do her work and not gossiping like Pencil and Match usually would.

She was walking to the main party room. It was a costume party, so unsurprisingly because of her love of killing, she was Jason from Friday the 13th, one of her favorite movies. She wore the ever so classic mask with the brown jacket and black pants and of course the large machete he usually carries splattered in blood. She left it up to interpretation whether the blood was real or not. Though everyone knew she loved to kill people, it was still kinda hard to look scary with her light blue hair, light blue ain't the scariest color out there.

When she arrived at the party room the room was full of energy and joy, people dancing, some people slow dancing when there wasn't even a slow song or a song at all playing, some of the idiots playing around in the punch bowl, the usual for this gang.

While she was walking to the punch bowl, she saw Remote. She was wearing a grey wolf costume, the ears, the little mittens thingy, the patches of fur on her near her ankles, and a tail to match. Besides that, she was wearing a white shirt with red stripes going horizontally and vertically across the shirt like a grid.

Naturally, since they were both girls, it was fairly common for them to compliment each other and generally be affectionate than the guys could be without being called gay so she didn't have a problem saying what she said next. "That's a really cute costume you got on."

"Oh thank you!" She said with her robotic yet oddly energetic voice. "Yours is cute too."

"Aww, thanks!" While she was walking over to hug her, she must have tripped over something, because the next thing she knew, she was accidentally pinning down one of her friends. She tried to get up but unfortunately, someone must have thrown something at Liy's head because she ended up kissing her, though briefly.

They both got up, blushing. They didn't talk much the rest of the night except for "sorry" when they bumped into each other. In all fairness, what could they say? Yes, they could try to resolve this insanely awkward accident, especially when neither of them showed romantic attraction to the other before this happened, but honestly, neither of them wanted to start the conversation of that so they didn't talk about it.

The next few days were silence between the two before they decided to meet up for a conversation on what happened on the party, understanding what happened entirely and mainly to apologize for what happened.

Liy was walking to where they decided to meet up which was a boba tea shop not too far from either of their houses. She was wearing a navy blue hoodie with regular black pants and red shoes, her hood up since she was kinda embarrassed. Once she walked in there was a little ringing sound from the bell above her, it notified the staff and other customers when someone was entering the building.

When she saw her friend, she was amazed. She was very formally dressed for this very non-formal occasion. Remote was wearing a black dress and her black hair was up into two buns on either side of her head. The dress wasn't very poofy or big, it was more akin to if someone glued overalls to a tutu and they were both black, but it was more formal than she was expecting her to be.

They both sat down and ordered both of their drinks, blueberry, and blackberry. There was an undeniable strangling awkward silence between them before they got their drinks. Hell even when they got them, both of them awkwardly sipped on their drinks.

Remote was the first to speak. "So uh...what happened back there?"

"What do you mean? You were there to weren't you?" She said with an awkward laugh.

"Yea but..." She started, searching for the right words. "Why did you do that?"

"Oh I tripped and then someone threw something at me, it felt like a cup."

"Ohhhhh..."

Liy giggled. "What do you think I kissed you on purpose?"

"A little bit..." She said while twirling around her straw with her finger. "And honestly...no homo but..."

"Yea?"

"I wouldn't have minded if you did it on purpose..."

She sat there in silence for a few seconds. "That sounds like something a lesbian would say, Remote."

"Maybe I am...I just...really like you...more than a friend."

Is she confessing to her? This certainly wasn't what Liy was expecting from this at all though she wasn't complaining. She did get confused about things from time to time because of her being a robot and all which meant more than half the time she would speak any feelings and thoughts that were on her mind, not understanding the possible social punishment for it.

"I think you got a crush"

"Isn't that where you want to start a relationship with someone?" She asked. She had told her about the basics of love, including that a crush was that but she didn't go into depth with that particular subject.

"Yes"

"Well...only if you want to..."

"Of course!" She got up from her seat and hugged her ex-bestie and now girlfriend! "I love you..."

"Heh...I love you too, Liy"

She kissed her cheek and they walked back to Liy's room to cuddle, play videogames, watch movies, and generally just have a good time in general. It was really fun for the two and they went to her bedroom to cuddle until they eventually fell asleep, Liy spooning Remote. Now they were no longer just friends, all because of a silly little accident at a party Liy didn't even want to attend in the first place.  It's silly to think all this would have been avoided if she just didn't go to the party, but she did, and she's happy for that every day.