Melony x Tissues

Requested by WiiFanNumber12005

(humans)

Melony was doing her normal work. She worked at her own tailor shop where she made, mainly dresses, for the girls of Object Overload. However, today was pretty boring since it was slow. Yesterday had been great business since the weather was supposed to be sunny and I guess a lot of people had plans or something but nobody would want to buy a dress or anything other than a coat on a snowy day. Even then, people probably had heating systems or jackets. She was just waiting there, twirling her red hair around her finger, waiting for anybody, somebody who could pay her, to walk in there.

She was tempted to just walk out, just get away from her now pretty sad shop, but her green eyes had noticed a boy was walking into the store. This was particularly weird since almost everyone knew her as the girl who made dresses. I mean hell, that's what she branded herself as. Maybe he's a crossdresser, she thought to herself.

As he came walking through the door, she realized who it was. The boy who had ghostly white hair, pale skin, faint baby blue eyes, a grey hoodie, and jeans, was none other than her childhood and current crush. Tissues.

She stood straight up and ran over to him, she was lucky she didn't fall, considering she was wearing bright red heels. She straightened out her dress, red on the top half of it and green all the way down to her ankles.

"How am may I help you today?" She asked in her most upbeat tone, smiling warmly.

"I need a dress made...grey and white, similar to yours." He said before quickly adding "F-For a friend!"

She looked behind him, nobody else in sight. "I'm sorry sir if you're friend isn't here, I can't do the measurements necessary to do the dress."

He looked down awkwardly. "We have the same body types, c-can you please just measure me?"

She sighed and shook her head. "I'm sorry sir but dresses are usually meant to fit a specific body type, an inch or two could make a big difference. I can make a dress for you if that's what you're asking."

"Kind of.."

"Sir is that a yes or no?"

He sighed and nodded, blushing. She led him over to what she calls the measurement room. She has a lot of tape measurement rulers, some that work, others that don't.

"Alright sir to get the precise measurements, I need you to take off your hoodie." She said.

"Wha-n-no! I-I don't have a-anything under this..."

The thought made her blush. "Don't worry s-sir, I have some shirts hanging on the wall, you can change in the bathroom." Hanging on the wall? What was she talking about? She herself didn't even know but she went over and handed him a white shirt. He walked off to change and internally, she started gushing about everything that was cute about him.

He soon walked back into the room with the bright white t-shirt and she went over to start her measurements. First was height. She got on the floor, stepped on the end of it to keep it in place, and rose it up to his head.

"59 inches..." She said while she walked over to write it down. After doing so she did all the other measurements and wrote them all down. Now only one more left to do, the width of his waist. She gulped and put it around him, from a distance without seeing the yellow of the tape measurement, you would think she was hugging him. Not knowing what exactly she was measuring on him, he hugged her back.

She smiled and, even though she got her measurement of 31 inches for him, kept hugging him. After a few minutes, she let go and pretended then, and only then, she had her measurement.

"31 inches," She wrote that down too. "So you want a dress like mine...so the fabric would be..." She counted on her fingers. "$62.25 for the grey...and $99.75...plus $50 for the stitching...so the total cost is $212."

He, much to her surprise, handed her the money. "Oh, thanks! It'll be done in a few weeks." He smiled, said his thanks, waved goodbye and headed out the door. She started sketching what it would look like and for that month, it was the hardest she's ever worked on anything. You see, she usually kept a usual sleeping schedule, unless it was for a wedding or a dress with an actual due date. However, for this month, she went to bed at midnight and woke up at 5 for almost every day. How did she have the motivation and energy? Well, a Starbucks was walking distance away so she usually just got coffee from there.

The day she got it done, she put it on one of the mannequins she had, mainly to display her dresses, but now to be used to see what it would like from a distance. It was gorgeous, it was white for the top half and a glittery grey on the bottom half. She knew that he would love it, all she had to do was wait for him to come back to get it.

Later that week, she heard the ring of the little bell thing, it alerted her whenever somebody walked in. She immediately ran over to the door, now in her flats instead of heels after tripping a lot in them, with the dress in her hands. Unsurprisingly, Tissues walked in the door. He was kinda surprised to see her right at the door but was not disappointed.

"It looks amazing!" He said while gasping.

"Aw chucks...thanks..." She said kinda shyly, her cheeks glowing a red tint.

He was walking away, with the dress in his hands, but she tugged on his hoodie sleeve, the same one from weeks ago before he was entirely out the door. He turned around, half confused and half curious.

"Um...it's just..." She tried to think of something because honestly she just kinda wanted to see him in a dress. And like lightning, she had an idea of what to say. "I like to have my customers try on the clothes I made for them, to see if I need to change or fix anything first, you know?"

"Oh I get that, do you have a legit changing room? It feels weird if I would just change in the bathroom because it's really fancy and stuff."

She grabbed ahold of his hand, leading him over to the official changing rooms. "Just walk out when you're ready."

"That was the plan!" He said back.

After a few minutes which did kind of feel like forever, he did walk out of the changing rooms. She was speechless. He was cuter than she had ever imagined! He twirled around in the dress and it took him waving his hand in front of her face to get her to stop zoning out.

When she stopped she asked, "Do you like it?" He nodded.

"I'm really glad you made this for me."

"Well, it is my job."

"You wanna know why I got this dress?"

"Yea sure, why?"

"To have the confidence to..."

"To what?" She asked.

"To tell you...I-I l-li-love you!"

She covered her mouth and cried tears of joy, hugging him. "I love you too!" He smiled and wiped away her tears.

"So want to work with me?" She asked after she calmed down.

"You would give me the honor?"

She nodded. "Of course!"

From then on, they both made dresses, jackets, hoodies, and other things. They were known as the tailor couple from then on. They both felt happy.

The end

Word count: 1258 words