Grim x Jack

Grim approached Jack, but for completely different reasons than the last time he had met him. He still gripped onto his scythe as tight as he could, even though he knew that humans were much stronger than just a skeleton, but he didn't want to be tricked again so he did so. He approached him calmly.

Jack turned looked away from him. "Grim...why are you here? Unless you want me to kill you, you're not going to get anything more."

"That's not why I came...it's for a different reason..."

He turned around and noticed his scythe, he grabbed ahold of it. "Then why on Earth would you bring your scythe around me?"

"I have to bring it around!" He struggled to keep it in his grasp.

"Well what do you want to tell me, skeleton boy?"

"If you stop fighting with me I'll tell you!"

He let go of the scythe reluctantly, just curious on what he had to say, though he was close enough to where he would be able to grab it again if he needed to.

"You got 3 seconds to tell me...1..." Jack started counting down.

Grim held onto his scythe, an attempt to calm down his nerves. "I-I love you, Jack..."

"2-wait what?"

All he said in response was, "1..."

There was silence for a good amount of time until it was filled with Jack's laughter, which confused him.

"Why are you laughing...?"

"You can not be serious, Grimy! Is granting someone immortality and then having them look like a fucking monster your way of love?? Is it??"

"..." He remained silent.

"Answer me god damn it! The shit you've done to me...oh you don't even know! I can't go outside or do anything without people gawking at me! At least people don't see you until they die, except those kids. But even then, you don't look like me, people can look at you without getting that many nightmares! Me?? Nobody has ever seen anything more revolting!" He screamed, small tears forming in his pumpkin eyes.

"Are you...crying?"

He wiped his eyes. "That's not the fucking point! Why would you do this shit to me if you 'loved' me?"

"I didn't realize it at the time...I thought you were just an annoying pest...tolerable but not ideal...however since we've last met I've realized how much I do love you..."

"Grim...I-I don't know if I can forgive you..."

"I...understand..."

An awkward silence filled the air before Jack asked "...why?"

"Why what?"

"Why me..? I-I'm just a monster..."

"No you're not, you're a trickster at heart and that's what I love about you...if it makes you feel any better, we can be monsters together if you really think that..."

He sniffled despite not having a nose. "Really...?"

Grim nodded and Jack sat on the ground. "What are you doing?"

"T-Trying to collect myself..."

He sat down beside him and hugged him. "...you can cry about it if you need to..."

"I-I just really...really like you Grimmy...I-I just..."

"I know...I did a lot of stuff to you and you did a lot of stuff to me..." He lightly pressed his face against Jack's cheek, it would be a kiss if he had lips. "And you don't know if I have or would change...but it's been like 500 years, Jack...I think I've changed a little..."

"R-Right...c-can we try dating?"

"Sure thing..." He petted the top of his pumpkin head like he was an anime girl, unintentionally rubbing his stock thingy, causing the other to jump slightly in shock, blushing.

"D-Don't touch there!"

"Ok ok!" They both laughed it off.

Word count: 602 words