Stapy x Marker

Requested by mudkipfan3

(humans)

Stapy was walking around, looking for Marker and Foldy to see if either or both of them wanted to go on a camping trip together with him. The wind blew through his red hair as he clutched his maroon jacket closer. It was very cold in the dead of night, as to be expected I suppose.

He looked at his phone for the time. It was midnight and he was kinda tired already so he just sat down underneath a tree. He sat there for what felt like before until one of his friends finally came around. They planned to camp all alone in the forest. Great idea, right? 

"Hey, Stapy," Marker said, the first one to arrive there sat beside him. Stapy looked up at him. He wasn't one to judge on looks, he loved him for more than that, but he had to admit his purple hair flowing soundlessly in the wind under his hat did make his heart skip a beat, for whatever reason.

Stapy wrapped his arm around him like he always did. "Hey Marker."

"So uh..." He cleared his throat. "Foldy said she couldn't be able to come..."

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Well she told me...you know how you might get an F on a paper so you ask for extra credit? That's essentially what she did, she's doing a makeup challenge right now since, by her own words, she didn't do much to contribute to our winning. I think it's a mix of wanting 4 not to kick her off for that reason and also kinda a pride thing."

"Oh..I guess that makes a little bit of sense. I brought the snacks, do you have the sleeping bags for us?"

He nodded. He was carrying one. "Yea I brought one for myself."

Though as much as Stapy loved him, he had to admit, he could be...forgetful at times. "I meant for both of us."

"Ohhh I thought you were bringing your own sleeping bag.."

"No, you were in charge of bringing all of them. Look one of us-I-can sleep on the floor." He corrected himself. He wanted Marker to be happy, and if that meant sleeping on leaves or the grass, then so be it.

"No we can sleep in it together, the grass is full of poisonous bugs!"

He sighed. He knew that he was right but it would be weird to share that with your friends, as much as he wanted to in his dreams. "You sure about this?" Marker nodded. It was settled, they were going to share a sleeping bag. For whatever reason, Marker didn't appear to see anything wrong with this. However, on the inside, he was kinda internally fanboying. It wasn't his plan to only bring one, he legitimately thought the other two would bring their own bags, but this was a nice solution to that problem.

"Well, at least I remembered my part." He said while getting the duffel bag full of snacks and a fire starter. "We can roast marshmallows if you want to."

"I would love to!" He said excitedly.

"First we have to find a place to sit..." He said. He held his hand and walked into the forest. They were trying to find a place in the middle of the forest where hopefully, there were just some logs they could sit on. Maybe if they were lucky enough, there would already be a fire there too. Maybe...

When Stapy turned around, just to make sure he was still following him, he saw him pressing a hand against the top of his head. 

"You ok?"

He looked up and jumped slightly like he was caught at a crime scene. "O-Oh it's nothing..."

"Are you sure?" He asked. "You're not looking too good..."

"I promise you, I'm fine."

They continued walking on down to the core of the forest, looking for a place to roast their soon to be delicious marshmallows. After about an hour of walking, they finally did find the core of the forest where there were two logs on opposite ends of each other and a place to start the fire in between them. Stapy got out the flint and steel and started to make small sparks with it at first before it turned into a roaring fire.

They sat on the same log. "Wait aren't we supposed to have sticks or something to roast our marshmallows on?" Marker asked.

"Oh right, I'll go get some." He returned with two sticks and handed one to him, and sat back down.

"Hey, Stapy,"  He looked up at him. "How do you roast marshmallows?"

"Here let me show you." He got out his bag of marshmallows from out of his duffel bag and put one on both of their sticks. He made Marker's hands hold on tight to the stick with his own hands on top of his. Though it was just a little dribble of ink, he couldn't cover it with his hand now. 

They stayed like this for a few seconds before the marshmallow was almost perfectly roasted. Then he got his hands off his friend's.

He soon noticed what seemed to be blood. "Dude you're bleeding again..."

"H-Huh? Oh..." He put his a hand on his head to cover it up, the other still on the stick.

He got up and sat on the other side of him, covering it with his hand. "Here I can cover it, Marker."

"Th-Thank you..." He said shyly, nomming on his marshmallow which was really gooey but good.

After they were both done, he decided to try something. Once they both threw their sticks behind him, he held his hand, just to see what would happen. Unsurprisingly, the little dribble of ink came out again. Wait does that mean he's flustered? he thought to himself. 

Abruptly he asked, "Are those your flustered juices or whatever?"

"Uhhh...m-maybe..." He said, the ink becoming thicker and his face growing a royal dark purple color.

"They are...," He pondered. "Aren't they?" The other nodded.

Stapy held him close and kissed him. When he pulled away he said, "Sorry I just thought you would like that."

The ink was coming out like what seemed to be a waterfall now. "N-No need to be sorry..."

"And why is that?" He asked with a smirk.

He looked down at the ground. "Ain't i-it obvious?"

"It is but I want to confirm my suspicions."

"Well uh...I love you..."

He held him even closer somehow. "I love you too."

The rest of the night was filled with small flirts and kisses. They eventually were tuckered out so they did sleep in the sleeping bags together. However, Foldy showed up the next day to try to talk things out to reschedule. And she saw them sleeping in the same sleeping bag together.

"Aww..." Was all she said until they woke up, Marker embarrassed and mumbled over his words on what happened and why, while Stapy just explained it actually well.

The end

Word count: 1154 words