An old friend returns

Yeet.

Tony was watching a movie with the others, nearly napping, when FRIDAY interrupted.

"Boss, there is someone in the reception area requesting to see you. They say that they are an old friend."
FRIDAYs voice rang out.

"Hm what? Who is it?"
Tony mumbled out.

"A man called Dr Ho Yinsen."
(Google, so don't sue me if that's not right.)

"What? He died!"
Tony said, much more awake.

"It seems he is not dead sir, he is waiting in the reception area."
FRIDAY said.

"Ok. I'm going down to see a man who I thought was dead for nearly a decade. No problem."
Tony spoke to himself.

"Who's Dr Ho Yinsen?"
Peter asked.

"The man who helped me in the cave when I got kidnapped."

Tony walked over to the lift and pressed the bottom floor.

The music was uncomfortably boring and only made the short trip seem even longer.

The lift finally arrived at its destination. The doors slid open and sure enough, Dr Ho Yinsen was standing in the reception area.

"Yinsen?"
Tony questioned.

"Tony Stark. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Yeah it has. What happened? I thought you were dead?"

"So did I. I thought I was a goner but Stane kept me alive, saying how I was important for his mission. He only kept me alive because I knew how to build the Iron Man suit. I escaped after that and helped build my village back up. I am in New York for a business trip but I had an extra day so here I am."
Yinsen explained.

"Wow, you haven't aged a day!"

"Well, I guess living in a cave has its pluses but you on the other hand look like you're fifty!"

"Heh, well having to look after a team of superhero's and a spider boy has its downfalls."

"Ah yes, the mighty Avengers."

"You can come up and meet them if you want."

"Well I do have the time so why not."

The men walked to the lift and the trip back to the common area was much quicker.

Natasha's head looked up at the lift when it dinged and offered Yinsen a polite smile.

"FRI, pause the movie."
Tony said.

The movie paused and Peter looked mad.

"All right guys, this is Yinsen, he helped me in the cave back in Afghanistan."
Tony explained.

"It's nice to meet you all, I have heard many things about you on the television."

"I'm Spider-Parker. No wait Peter-Man. No- ugh you know what I mean."
Peter said and buried his head into Bucky's shoulder. Tony started to introduce the others.

"Bucky."
He nodded his head.

"Steve, nice to meet you."
Steve held his hand out and Yinsen shook it.

"Natasha."
Natasha looked up from polishing her knife.

"Clint is in the vents."

"No I'm not!"

"Oh shoot."
Clint fell down.

"Wanda and Pietro."
The twins smiled at him.

"Vision."

"Bruce."

"Thor."

"Well it is very nice to meet you all."

"Let's go down to my lab. I've got some old Iron Man suits to tinker with. Guys make sure Peter goes to bed at a reasonable time. Which means make sure Bucky and Natasha aren't in charge of his bed time!"

So yeah, for the spoiler thingy that I put for the tag chapter, you can see that someone did come from the dead but he wasn't actually dead. 569 words hehe.

—Penguin🐧