Part title

This was requested by asandefur05 Steve and Bucky are 25 and Peter is 16.

Bucky entered the apartment that he shared with his son Peter (keep reading, all will he explained soon) and his best friend Steve.

He found Steve sitting on the chair sketching something on a piece of paper and Peter was sitting next to him doing school work.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed by now?"
Bucky asked.

"Sorry, we were waiting up for you."
Steve said.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep because of the wind and I got worried that you couldn't get home."
Peter said quietly.

"Well I'm here now. Did you have dinner?"
Bucky asked, hanging his coat up.

"Yeah and we saved some for you."
Steve said.

"You didn't have to. You should've had the rest."

"We were full."
Peter said.

"Ok. It's getting late and you have school tomorrow Pete."

"Yeah I know."
Peter traipsed through to the bedroom to get changed.

"You too Stevie."

"Fine."
Steve grumbled and went through to the bedroom as well.

Bucky went over to see what Steve was sketching and it was the view that they had from the small window.

Bucky blew the candle out, they didn't have lights because they aren't able to pay for it, and went through to the bedroom.

When he got there, Peter was already sleeping and Steve was nearly sleeping.

Bucky got changed and climbed into the bed next to Peter.

"Night Stevie."
Bucky whispered blowing out the last candle.

"Night Buck."

~~~

Peter was in the apartment all alone. He knew that his dad wouldn't be back until 10pm latest and Steve should've been home but he wasn't.

Peter started pacing the apartment.

~~~

It was about 8pm when the door opened and woke Peter up who was sleeping on the sofa.

Bucky was in a uniform and Steve had a black eye.

"What happened?"
Peter asked.

"This punk got into another fight."
Bucky said.

"Why are you in a uniform?"

"I got accepted into the army."

"Wait really?"

"Yep. I leave in a few days."

"What would happen to us?"
Steve asked.

"I don't know. Pete, you might need to get a job, there's no way that anyone would let Stevie have a job."

"Hey! I can get a job. And I can get into the army."

"You've tried thousands of times and it won't work."

"One day it will."

"In your dreams. Now, tonight we are going to Coney Island to have one last nice moment before I leave."

"But won't it cost too much money?"

"It'll be fine. I got a higher pay check from my boss because I'm in the army now. Don't worry Pete."