In the dark of the night

Vlad's: POV

-Flashback-

October 18th 1864: Transylvania

"I will be back home soon." I said and kissed my husband goodbye. "Miss you already." replied Niklaus. I gave my daugther a hug.

(Katerina and Niklaus)

"Have a wonderful time with your family." replied Katerina with a smile on her face. "Thank you, dear." I said and stepped into the carriage and waved at them. I would visit my family over the day and then go back in the evening.

My mother meet me when I arrived.  I stepped out and gave her a hug. "Did the trip go well?" she asked. "Yes, mother." I said. "Welcome in." replied father. I thanked him, and walked into the house. "I've miss you so much." said my little sister. "I have miss you too." I replied ruffled her hair.

"How is Niklaus?" asked father and poured hot tea in a cup. "He is fine, I could not ask for a better husband." I said and smiled again. "That is good my son." replied mother and patted my cheek.

After we had drank our tea. I and Madga went out to the garden, and played ball. "We always did this, when we were little." she said. "It was good times." I replied. "You'll go back tonight?" she asked sadly. "I have to, but soon we will arrange a ball, where everyone is invited." I said. "I can not wait." replied Madga happily.

***

Later in the evening, I returned back home and met a horrible sight. The whole castle was in flames.

I rushed in and found my husband and my daugther on the floor. Niklaus had a stake through his heart. Katerina throat was slit with a silver knife.  I dropped my bouquet that fell into a pool of blood.

Please wake up, do not leave me, please wake up

Please wake up, do not leave me, please wake up." I begged and kissed his lips. "We would live together forever, live for me." I said, but it was nothing I could do.

"I'm so sorry Katerina, you had a whole life to live, it should not have to end like this." I said and tears were rolling down my cheeks. I placed a kiss on her forehead. All my feelings disappeared. Hatred and darkness filled my dead heart.

Death screams could be heard through the quiet night and the flames was the only color in the darkness. I was now a bloodthirsty and cold-hearted vampire who spread terror wherever I went. I would take revenge on those who killed my husband and my beloved daugther.

-End of the flashback-

I feel sorry for Vlad actually. He lost his beloved daughter and husband. He loved them with all his heart.

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~