BinJin Scenario #6

"We're home!" I announced upon entering the house.

"Bin, where are you?" I half shouted as I see no sign of my boyfriend around. The little hand I'm holding seem to be startled.

"I'm dressing up. I'm coming out in a second." replied a voice coming from our room.

"Let's go in the kitchen, Minguk-ie. Let's arrange what we bought in the market while we are waiting for samchon." I said as I nudged the little boy towards the kitchen.

I went outside to buy some groceries to refill our almost empty food shelves at home. I was on the way when Yoonah unnie called me. She has some important matters to attend to and asked me for a favor to babysit her son. Who am I to say no? Since it's a free day for me, I volunteer to pick up his son on the way. Since the market and her home are on the same direction.

"You told me you are just buying groceries. You bought us a son too?" Now here comes my witty boyfriend looking all fresh after taking a bath.

"Annyeong hasseyo, samchon!" greeted the cute little Minguk which earned a smile from Bin.

"Hey buddy! Long time no see. How old are you now?" Minguk gave him a puzzled look. It's not their first meeting but the last one was 2 years ago on Minguk's second birthday.

"I'm four." But the boy answered him nonetheless.

"I gave Yoonah unnie a favor. She has an emergency. So let's spend the day with this boy right here." I explained before Bin ask me questions.

"So what did you bring home with imo?" Bin crouched down to the eye level of the boy. While I am organizing the groceries.

"We bought a lot of foods in the market. Imo told me that she will bake a delicious cake for us. I brought my friends to taste the cake too." Minguk happily explained. I guess he opens up easily. What a clever kid. He even told me to put strawberries at the top of the cake while we are picking ingredients at the market.

"Really? Where are these friends? Can I meet them?" Bin asked as enthusiastic as possible.

I'm preparing the ingredients for the cake when Minguk open his bag revealing a lot of dinosaur toys.

"They are my friends!" Minguk beams. He's so cute with his fluffy cheeks that's blushing because of the cold outside.

"Wow! That's a lot of dinosaurs. Come up here with your friends while we help imo prepare for the cake." Bin lift up Minguk at the top of the counter so that he can help and we can watch Minguk at the same time. Though I'm having a second thought if he really can help.

"What can I do now, sweety?" Nudging me for his task while he crouch down a bit to aim for my cheek.

"Hey, we have little eyes watching here. Beware of your actions." While I look at Minguk who's busy unloading his bag.

He just replied me with an annoying grin showing his annoying dimples. I have to resist for the sake of the innocence of this kid with us.

"I will prepare the baking pans and pre-heat the oven. Can you mix the dry ingredients like the flour, baking soda and put just a little bit of salt." I instructed. That's just a simple task. I think I can trust him with that.

"Okay." he replied confidently while I proceed to the cabinets in the kitchen to look for the needed materials.

"Do you know dinosaurs eat humans?" Bin asked all of a sudden to Minguk. Well I know he's joking to entertain the kid.

"No! They eat meats and other dinosaurs eat plants. They don't eat humans." So clever indeed.

"You even know that? So what does this dinosaur eat?" I'm just listening to their conversation while I look for the pans.

"This is a tyrannosaurus rex. He eats meat. He is my favorite!" It's not my first time to hear all of this from Minguk since I meet Yoonah unnie often at their house. But it makes me wonder how can Yoonah unnie teach him all the knowledge about dinosaurs. This kid is a genius.

"What kind of meat? Maybe he eats a person? We are considered meats to the dinosaurs." Bin insisted.

I can picture Minguk shaking his head, "No samchon. He eats animals. He can also eat the other dinosaurs like the triceratops and edmontosaurus. Why can't you listen to me?"

I laughed upon hearing Minguk's annoyed voice and decided to check on the two boys bantering.

"Right, why can't samchon listen to Mingukie?" I cooed. Adding more fuel to the fire. Clearly enjoying until I saw the mess at the counter. Flour are lying everywhere.

"What are you doing? Look at the wasted flour!"

"Oh I'm sorry, babe. I'm just talking to Minguk-ie and I don't know how this all happened."

"Why don't you just two play at the living room while I bake here? I think it will be faster when I work alone." Why did I agree to babysit a kid when I'm already babysitting one?

"Come here, Minguk-ie. We have a lot of collections we can play here."

"What collections do you have, samchon?" Minguk is really excited.

"We have a lot of imo's trophies. We can play with them." That surely earns a death glare from me.

"Yahh Kim Taepyung!"

Soon, the whole house was full with boisterous laughter of the boys. Bin is busy mimicking a dinosaur while chasing Minguk. The two seem to be in their own world while I watch them with a smile plastered on my face. So this is how a family looks like?