BinJin Scenario #14

"Bin? Doctor Yoon called me a while ago." I started.

"What did she say?" he asked worriedly.

"I should be admitted in the hospital now."

"Are the babies okay?" tone filled with nervousness.

"Relax, babe. Everything is pretty normal. Let's go to the hospital first."

"Okay. I'll get everything ready and will call the hospital in advanced to ready your room." I smiled at my husband's uneasiness.

My doctor suggested that it is best to stay at the hospital now that my tummy is overdue. Bin and me arrived at the hospital in a hour. Thanks God we don’t have to go through a crazy traffic because I can’t imagine myself giving birth inside the car.

As soon as we arrive, we have three nurses waiting for us in the front of the main door of the hospital. They help me out from the car and put me on a wheelchair. I keep on holding my belly, feeling my two puppies who keep on shifting position inside. We proceed to the reception inside with Bin. I can tell that my husband is really nervous. I took glance of him when he is filling out the registry paper and his hands are shaking. The nurse behind the desk could tell it so and give me a smile because Bin looks so funny about being serious about just signing the paper.

I smiled back and mouthed ‘Thank You’ to the nurse as Bin goes back to my side and hold my hand when we are about to head to our room.

“Wow! Are we here for a vacation or what? I thought I’m going to give birth” I joked as soon as we arrive in the nice spacious room.

“Do you like it?”

“Of course, it doesn’t look like a hospital room at all. The perks of marrying a rich man.”

“Shut up.”

As we are both laughing, I suddenly feel the pain inside of me again. I moaned and grip my belly, it’s kind of my habit now.

“You having contractions again, babe?”

I just nodded at him and focuses on breathing to relieve the pain. Bin put his hands around my belly, attempting to calm both our babies down. He whispers sweet words continuously until I heard the doctor’s entrance in our room.

“Hello to the beautiful parents. How are you feeling, Yejin-ssi?” greeted Doctor Yoon. She’s the one who checks on me regularly since the first time we’ve found out about our twins.

“I’ve just felt the contractions.”

“Your babies must be so eager to come out since you’re overdue for five days. I will examine and check you now.”

Bin helps me to lay down. A round belly stuck out in front of my face is the only vision that I could see right now. I really miss to see my toes.

The doctor told me to lift up my loose hoodie, it is Bin’s actually. I could barely see my belly button but it had popped out a few days ago as the babies grew more and more. The skin of my stomach certainly felt stretched to the limit now that both babies head was so low. I could feel the weight of my entire belly on top of me. I feel strange when Doctor Yoon touch the side of my bump, poking and pushing gently to feel my babies inside. I groan a bit each time Doctor Yoon  put pressure on my belly. My skin was stretched to the max and the pressure of her hands didn’t feel great. Bin noticed and grab my hand immediately, rubbing his thumb on mine as reassuring me that everything will be okay.

“I could tell that one of the twin head is near the birth canal, but the feet are too stretch somewhere so I will try to move them to the right position.” Doctor Yoon informed us.

“Is it really okay, Doc?” I question, a little bit worried.

“It will hurt a little, but it’s fine. Don’t worry”

I cringed and tighten my hold into Bin’s palm. He is just quiet the whole time. I know he’s nervous as me but he is trying to hide it. It hurts, it is really painful and this is not the actual delivery yet. I couldn’t imagine pushing two babies out.

After a few minutes, Doctor Yoon stops.

“It’s okay now. Wear your hospital gown and I’ll check on you later again.” The doctor smiled as he leave us.

Bin hushed me lovingly and kisses my palm as I whine because I really feel uncomfortable.

“Did I tell you that you look beautiful today?” who is he joking now?

“I think I don’t remember that.”

“Well, I’m gonna tell you again that you are very beautiful now.”

“Shut up, Bin. We both know I don’t look beautiful, not now. I look terrible, don’t you see? My face look tired, my ankle swollen, my hair is mess-“

“It doesn’t change anything through my eyes, babe. I could still find you beautiful no matter what” here he comes with his sweetness. I really appreciate him when times like this.

“I wish I could look at myself like that too.”

“You do. Our babies will be so lucky and proud to have such a beautiful mommy ever." His voice cracked.

"Are you crying?" I asked as I notice his tears  threatening to fall out.

"No, baby. I'm just happy and thankful. We'll go through everything together. I love you."