Sneak Peak

"Mehek, how are you?", a middle aged nun inquired her. "I am fine, Mother. Just leaving for work", she replied. "Mehek, I know you are trying hard to make the ends meet. Hope you understand my helplessness when I remind you that Drishti's fees is due", she explained. Mehek was doing double shifts in a restaurant and staying in poor accommodation they offered. It was a shame that she was still running late regarding Drishti's payments.

Mehek needed a full time job with decent pay. "Mother, today I have a job interview. My previous employers have referred me and gave a good recommendation. If I get this job, I will be able to settle all my dues soon", Mehek told her. "All the best, Mehek. I will pray that you get this job", she blessed her. 

Shaurya was busy scanning the files in his laptop when his mother-in-law entered after a curt knock. He acknowledged her entry and tried to act polite. "I hired a Nanny for Diya. She has good references and seemed to meet our requirements", Sunaina informed. Shaurya listened to her carefully so she went on, "She had few years of experience although never took care of an infant. But she is mother of a 5 year old child so cannot be termed as a novice". "Thanks for helping me out", Shaurya tried to hide his distaste but somehow it showed. 

"She is a single mother of an invalid child. Divorcee or Widow, I am not sure", Sunaina explained, "She needs to sign the contract. I have added the usual norms & conditions. Have a look and bring it down". Shaurya nodded taking papers from her.