Chapter 5

Shaurya Ahlawat, the man to whom she was once betrothed. Mehek wondered whether he recognized her or deliberately pretended to avoid her. Mehek felt relieved as well as disappointed that Shaurya didn't seem to recognize her. 

Shaurya had changed a lot. Infact, it was too drastic that she found it hard to believe he is still the same person. It wasn't just the physical alteration but much deeper. Her instinct warned her repeatedly to be on her watch . Yet she couldn't help but remember the sweet young guy to whom she was once engaged.

Mehek wanted to tell Shaurya that she never intended to hurt him. It cannot be denied that  she did a huge mistake of leaving him but deceiving him was never in her cards. She never wanted to break Shaurya who loved her unconditionally. But eventually, situation spiraled and she ended up shattering Shaurya who was never at fault. 

She wanted to confess to him and make amends but his attitude cleared that it didn't matter anymore. Time had flown by their side. Shaurya had married and with a daughter. Probably he didn't want to remember her and want to forget her, leaving behind his past. Perhaps, it was for the best for both that she didn't bring out those bitter memories.

Shauyra loved kids and he was so good with children. When they were together, she never pictured to bear his kids. Infact, she had never wanted to carry anybody's seed. She was afraid of her mother's genes in her. But Shaurya was unlike her. Mehek was sure he would have made a great father one day.So it surprised her that he spend so little time with Diya. It's been a week since she joined as Diya's nanny but Shaurya never even once stepped into the nursery. Most of the days he was travelling and when he was at home he was working. 

Managing Diya was not an easy job. She took all of Mehek's time but it wasn't tedious. The little one warmed up to Mehek so quickly. Diya reminded Mehek of Drishti's younger days. Luckily Diya appeared to be healthy unlike Drishti. Her health is still a worry for Mehek and remained anxious about it. She had spent most of her advance money for Drishti and knew it will be hard if Shaurya decides to fire her. Quitting on her own was also not an option due to the same reason. Fear tormented her but she decided to continue until things went haywire.

It was past supper time. Diya was finally asleep. Mehek placed her carefully into the crib and was getting ready to retire to her room. "Staffs have all left for the day", Awara announced while she walked out. Mehek knitted her eyebrows in confusion. "A guest has arrived and I need help to serve him", he added. She gulped hard, recalling reaction of Shaurya when she pitched in to clean his study. "Sir had asked to bring you", Awara explained as if reading her thoughts,"This is an important guest so be on your best behaviour".

Mehek rolled the food tray while following Awara. They came to the backyard where the tables were set enjoy a quiet evening. Mehek glanced at the man sitting infront of Shauyra. He looked to be a business associate and they seemed to be in amicable terms. "Time for a drink", Shaurya offered and gestured Awara to prepare. While Mehek served them snacks and starters, she made special effort not to face both men.

"Rajeev, I need some amendments in your contract", Shaurya informed. The man whom he had addressed as Rajeev got tensed, "Shaurya, this is unfair. You are deliberately delaying it after knowing my liabilities". Shaurya laughed crazily, startling Rajeev and also Mehek. "I never play fair, Rajeev",he told quickly, "you should be grateful that I agreed to do business with you".

Mehek walked towards Shaurya keeping his drink and then proceeded to serve Rajeev. Shaurya deliberately stretched his foot so that she will stumble and spill drink on Rajeev. "Bloody Hell. Can't you even serve a drink properly", Shaurya shouted at Mehek. Rajeev was also irked at first but he felt pity for the poor maid who had to bear her master's wrath. 

"I am really sorry", Mehek managed to utter apology without crying. Rajeev was about to brush it off but Shaurya barked again, "Your apology is not going to pay for the damage. Do you even know the cost of his branded shoes? Even if you wh*re every night for an year, then also you won't be able to afford one". Rajeev winced at the harsh words Shaurya used but kept quiet until she murmured another apology and fled the scene.

"You were way out of the line, Shauyra. It was an accident. She is a decent woman, trying to make a living", Rajeev couldn't hold himself from expressing his resentment. "Decent", Shaurya smirked and downed his drink. A wicked idea popped into his mind. "Rajeev, I will give you the deal as per your conditions if you agree to a dare", he challenged. Rajeev sighed waiting for his dare.

"Go into the kitchen and try to seduce the same decent woman", he told wickedly. "Are you crazy? I am a married man, Mr Ahlawat and I love my wife dearly", Rajeev was offended. "Then you are doing it for your better half. I hope you know that your wife will be so happy when you will be able to pay your debts quickly", Shaurya wasn't going to leave Rajeev, "Take it or leave it".

"Hello", Mehek turned hearing a man's unsure voice. "I didn't get your name", Rajeev asked her. He followed her to kitchen where she had fled to hide her tears. She quickly wiped her face and told her name. "I am really sorry for what happened outside. Mr Ahlawat was really rude to you. I feel sorry for you", he sounded polite.

"Please don't trouble yourself, Sir. I am at fault and apologize for spoiling your attire", Mehek tried to be professional. "It is so sad to see tears in a woman's eye", Mehek was startled, when he wiped a lone tear. She was even more baffled when his long fingers outlined her jaw and then her lips, "That too a beautiful woman like you, Mehek". "Sir, I think you are too drunk. Please leave", she jerked away his hand and tried to put distance amidst them.

"Don't worry, Mehek. Mr Ahlawat and his butler are still outside. House is empty. None will notice us", he was persistent, "let me kiss away your tears". He moved to kiss her but Mehek was quick to push him with full force. Rajeev fell on ground. Mehek grabbed nearby crockery and smashed it very near to him on ground. 

"What is happening here?", Shaurya's brooding voice echoed in the kitchen. Mehek was happy and expected him to save her. But the disgusting look in his eyes made her lose hope. "Awara, please escort Mr Kapoor to my study", he commanded. Once Awara took Rajeev, Shaurya marched to Mehek. She grabbed her forearms painfully, "Keep you slutty ways to yourself, Ms Maan. I don't care if you wh*re around outside. But not here when you are taking care of Diya. Because your filthiness shouldn't affect my infant daughter"

Mehek was aghast by his accusation. Her eyes gleamed with tears when she tried to defend herself, "I didn't do anything. He came on to me". "Ofcourse", he mocked her, "Men come to you like flies to sh*t. You never want any of them but still they desire you, don't they?", his eyes pierced into her. She gasped when he pulled her closer, "Just the same way you never desired by brother while being engaged to ME. He just came on to you".