48

Vanessa's pov

"Hey sorry i'm late. Javier had this whole idea for the taqueria an-"

I looked up at Armando who was sitting at the kitchen table all alone.

"Where are the kids?" I set my purse down.

"Your mom's house"

"Why?"

"Baby.... whats wrong?" I pouted as i made my way over to him.

No kiss. No hug.

He just stared at the table.

"Hey?" I kneeled down so he had to look at me.

"Bebe?" I pouted.

Then i noticed the papers in front of him.

"Whats this?" I took a closer look.

He didn't say anything.

"Armando." I sniffled as i watched him finally look at me.

"Reenlisting?" I let out a sigh.

No answer.

"No. No. I can't." I took the papers and ripped them into pieces.

"Vanessa!" He stood up and tried grabbing the shredded pieces from my hand.

"I'm not letting you do this!" I shouted as he just watched them drop to the floor.

"Va-"

"No!" I cut him off as i poked at his chest.

"Do you realize how hard it was for me when you were gone?" My eyes filled with water as he looked at me with no emotion.

"I need you Armando!" I whined as i reached for his hand.

"But you have Oscar." Is all he could say.

The tears stopped.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I folded my arms as he shrugged.

"You tell me Vanessa." He let out a tired, long sigh as he leaned over the counter.

"Did you and Oscar hook up when i was gone?"

"What?" I looked at him in disbelief. "How the fuck could you even ask me that?"

"Just answer the question." He muttered.

"No!" I shouted so loud. "We did not hook up! But thank you for trusting me."

"Okay."

"Why would you even think that Armando?" I pouted at him.

"I don't know. When i think in my head. I think of us. But then i also think about my spot and that it isn't secure." He let out a sigh.

"I feel like you and Oscar have so much history. I can't compete." He sniffled.

"Its history for a reason. And there's no competition. You would know that if believed me. But instead you fooled yourself into thinking i'm cheating." I shake my head in disappointment.

"Now will you excuse me. I'm going to my mom's house to see my kids." I grabbed my bag and walked out the house.

—spookysblock