Rebel just for kicks

Freya Bjørkaas did not consider herself lucky in life

Freya Bjørkaas did not consider herself lucky in life. Admittedly she had a dream life apparently but she was far from happy. She had everything she wanted, money, luxury, clothes, jewelry and even people. But she wasn't filled. It had been a long time since she realized that she could never really feel happiness.

And she knew there was absolutely nothing that could make her happy.

She wasn't a depressed girl, but she wasn't very socially open either. She grew up in Norway with her mother. And then her mother was diagnosed with advanced and incurable leukemia on her eighth birthday's. Four months was all it took Freya to realize that the death was much closer than she thought.

Only it wasn't the only one she had learned that day.

Adaptability.

It turned out that the father soldier who died before her birth wasn't really dead. Or a soldier to be honest.

No, Sandvik was a wealthy trader living miles from Freya.

Unfortunately, her mother had seen fit to mention this relationship in her will. So that was how Freya found herself forced to cross the North Sea to join a family whose existence she had absolutely no knowledge of until that famous day.

Freya had never really been a very complicated child to begin with. So merging with her father's family was not as difficult as you might think. The little brunette wanted more than anything to bond with the man she had learned to idealize. And in a way she had learned to love him. He and all his family. Carmen was a devoted and attentive stepmother. She tried every time. Freya still remembered her fears when she arrived. And yet the woman had done everything possible to make her feel accepted. Although it had been somewhat difficult to accept the gestures of pity, Freya had fallen in love with the Puerto Rican.

And then there was Luís.

Luís was the brother she never thought she wanted until she met him.